Random Cool Stuff 2007-2009

stay up to date on what's going on
Xenozip.

Re: Yo check this out yo

Post by Xenozip. »

Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Those are dope! I managed to look through three pages before my attention span gave way. What's with all the rats? His manifesto is pretty funny but not helpful at all in explaining the rat infestation.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

http://www.banksy.co.uk/outdoors/images ... tapult.jpg

Well.. If you don't "get it" from this then you'd prolly only "get it" if you did your own research. Not to put you off or anything, it's just explaining it on a superficial level is a world apart from being actually interested enough to do some self education (or, you know, living it).

Example: You could explain some cvs2 Guile stuff to me all day and I wouldn't understand it within an inch, until I researched Guile myself.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

I really loved the one with the artist drawing the crappy looking fallic icon.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Street Fighter Pachinko Machine Trailer

On one hand, whoring out Street Fighter to rob elderly Japanese people of their hard earned lunch money or vending machine panty funds or whatever is not cool. On the other hand, those are some dope cutscenes. Especially the bit at 1:35 where 3D cell-shaded Chun Li does a Custom Combo.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj

Post by Maj »

My friend started a blog about dating ...

Chicks Dude!

You're not gonna learn anything and there's a good chance he'll never get past the one and a half posts he's got now. But it is good mindless funny.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj

Post by Maj »

These things take too long but i watched the first match and enjoyed it. I thought the commentary was great, though it could have used a little more focus on play-by-play and explaining the strategic aspects of what was actually going on. Also they gotta do something about how the game is displayed to spectators because i felt lost a lot of the time and there were also lots of times where i wished they would show a different part of the map.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Whoa, that announcer guy (Tasteless) read a shout-out to SRK in the final match of the Star Invitational tournament and he said he plays MvC2 (Cable/Sentinel/CapCom) and has an SRK account. That's pretty cool. Doesn't look like he's checked by SRK for a while, but i'll send this guy some fan mail if i can find his email address.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Yeah, you should. And include a copy/paste of your previous post too, they are always looking for constructive advice.

I actually played a lot of Starcraft back when it was relatively new so I have zero complaints about the cast. Although when Tasteless was at blitzcon they had a different commentator to fill in for him. He was a male korean and he did a really good job. But still, I think Tasteless does a good job too, just not really super awesome or anything. Even the female korean commentator Susie does a pretty good job in the sense that she knows when to keep her mouth shut and when to speak up and say something.

also, UDON's Street Fighter Tribute: Nice, But Worth the Price?

[Edit]: Street Fighter Tribute (Paperback)
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I have it. Its a bit pricey, 10 bucks less it would be def worth the price. But now its sort of a maybe. There are some amazing pictures though. Their is one sagat in paticular that is just wowzers.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'm thinking about getting it if the price drops a little.

Regarding the StarCraft commentary; they actually do explain quite a lot, just not in every single cast. I'm really surprised they explain as much as they do. Tasteless has previously explained input tricks like using control groups with hold position, patrol, zerg pop tricks, probe glitch for proxy cannon, and things like that. It's just that, he doesn't do it in every video because that would be redundant. But he does try to explain what direction the players are going with their builds as often as possible, but it's true that he does it in a way that it'd be easier to understand if you've at least played/do play the game frequently.

As far as the camera goes, that's something that's just really unfortunate about starcraft in general imo. The resolution in the game is forced to a shitty small tiny window that can't be adjusted, and although they pretty much can pop around the minimap very quickly and show everything, they don't because watching a spazzy jitterbug hop the view for an hour is painful as shit.

Though, I'm not sure they have control over what's shown. I'm pretty sure they commentate on live footage from the observer, rather than on replays. Pretty much everything is done live. It'd be an entirely different story if what we saw was replay footage, but I think the korean observer is what you actually see on the screen when they are commentating, and so it's the koreans that are controlling it live. I would assume that their methods are now standardized and won't be changing, considering.. well.. it's been televised in Korea for years, so I'm sure they are doing the best that they can in that regard.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Here's a match I'm watching with the other dude commentator, Jason Lee (not Tasteless/Nick)

Bisu vs Calm - Game 2 [Round of 32 Group C]

Bisu vs Calm - Game 3 [Round of 32 Group C]

Jason Lee gets batshit crazy hype in the second one, heh. He does that a lot, actually.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Man, even the interviews are pretty cool. I had been ignoring them till now, and wish I hadn't.

[GomCAM] TheRock

Why don't we have this? I mean, you know, aside from the untranslated SBO comments and Steve Harrison going crazy in front of a camera.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj

Post by Maj »

Xenozip. wrote:Man, even the interviews are pretty cool. Why don't we have this? I mean, you know, aside from the untranslated SBO comments and Steve Harrison going crazy in front of a camera.
Trying!

Get involved holmes!
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Uhg, why were they cosplaying.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Dark Stalker Tribute - Contest

Spread ze word, etc.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Someone named Michael Ryan Kime made a 3D rendered version of Guile and it turned out pretty good. It's got a lot of great details like the comb, the wedding band, the handcuffs, the hairspray, and the bloody right boot which he uses during Flash Kicks. Dunno why his belt is undone but whatever, maybe he's going for the R&B look. The funny thing is how he has medals on his tank top. Bandages on his hand are dope though.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

eww Budweiser.

Seriously though that is pretty amazing looking.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Fake HD. Since MvC2 in VGA looks great and youtube wont recognize this, I decided to just have a 1280x720 frame with the 640x480 inside. This is what happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYPFEF6c3OM

and here is the upscaled version of it. it doesn't look too bad. I think yotubes blur filter helps it a bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hukwzsLqvFc

here is normal version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNDXtUH ... annel_page
Maj

Post by Maj »

Can't stop laughing at this Valle photo.

That dude is still my hero, no matter how many ridiculous photos with cosplayers he gets conned into taking.
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Maj wrote:Someone named Michael Ryan Kime made a 3D rendered version of Guile and it turned out pretty good. It's got a lot of great details like the comb, the wedding band, the handcuffs, the hairspray, and the bloody right boot which he uses during Flash Kicks. Dunno why his belt is undone but whatever, maybe he's going for the R&B look. The funny thing is how he has medals on his tank top. Bandages on his hand are dope though.

This one looks amazing, yo!
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Click. :arrow: Image
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

So I was at CVS buying some batteries when I came across this amazing picture:

Funny about that:

They didnt use batteries

They're from like the 90's

The CVS employees had no idea what that was, I got weird looks from customers.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Derp. Image
onReload

Post by onReload »

Oh hey the moon must be blue, a KoF game I really really really want to find and play with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZOjpdKxNn4

Yes, it's a romhack, but a very thorough and interesting one at that.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'm sort of glad I tried out KoF enough to know what I am looking at now.