Random Cool Stuff 2007-2009

stay up to date on what's going on
Xenozip.

Re: Yo check this out yo

Post by Xenozip. »

- SedukTriss( theme of Morrigan remix)

I listened to most of what he posted and I think that one was my personal favorite.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

This thing is so far beyond brilliant ...

JCVD Teaser | JCVD Trailer

Watch both if you have time, but the teaser is way better than the trailer. Last time i cared about this guy must have been like fifteen years ago. Can't believe i'm excited about seeing this.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Kind of helluva random but my little sister painted this (irl) and submitted it as a t-shirt design:

Lady Sings The Blues

If you like it, vote or something. But if you need to create an account and it's too much work, don't worry about it.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Hmm I think I will create an account there later so I can vote on it (yeah you need one to vote).

Here's another lady singing the blues you can send to her as a ghetto response. Though I didn't paint it irl, it's digital art.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nice, i'll show it to her. I'm sure she'll dig it. I have no idea how that website works or how many votes it takes to get a shirt made, but thanks for helping us out. It would be cool if it happened.

In other news, some guy made cell-shaded 3D models of Ryu and Akuma and had them fight for 30 seconds:

Ryu Test | Ryu vs Gouki (trailer?) | Street Fighter: RyuVSGouki Part1 by DarkKso
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

When I wanted my own shirt I just used Cafe Press.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hah, these are entertaining: Simpsons-style sprites (especially Wolverine, Sonic, Yun/Yang, and Dio)
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Zelda artwork

The artist is Katsuya Terada. Probably best known in the west for his CGI and character design done for the anime film; Blood: The Last Vampire.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

first lol jfish.... I know his ex-girlfriend and all sorts of other stuff. Oh the internet you are so small and yet so large. Also Katsuya Terrada is my Favorite artist ever... I have a book with these in it. He also did the character designs for live action Cutie Honey, a series of detective games for the gameboy advance and the DS and a bunch of other shit. He Also did this

For Maj
For Maj Again!
Maj

Post by Maj »

That is dope. Did you get him to sketch it for you at a convention or something?

Btw, is there a way to contact someone on deviantArt? I'm trying to reach this guy but i don't have an account.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

No it's in this book I have called Rakugaki King. Rakukagi loosely translates to sketch... It's like 1001 pages of his sketches. Pretty dope.

I'm pretty sure short of randomly finding his email on some other forum you have to be a member to contact him.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

really good spots for finding music

http://www.imeem.com/

http://www.seeqpod.com/
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Another fan-made track from Kariu

- "What i think Gouki/Akumas SF4 theme should sound like"

I definitely like it. Though I think SedukTriss is still my favorite of his.

I'm really surprised he has so few subscribers, he's really pretty good and keeps pumping out new shit on his page all the time.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I read comics on and off; usually Marvel. There was this three-part Fantastic Four story a couple months back, where Dr. Doom travels back in time to convince the FF that Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) is evil. All in all, it was pretty mediocre and they played it too safe with the ending. But the first few pages of the third issue were absolutely brilliantly written - in particular the "or it would, if you didn't know" line. Check 'em out if you have a minute:

First Look: Fantastic Four #553

That website previews the first five pages of a ton of comics the week before they're released.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

So, for a very long time I've wanted to create a character. Not necessarily for any particular project or reason, and not even necessarily for a genre of game that I even play or would want to play. I just wanted to create some standard items that are necessary in order to flesh out a character, namely: portrait, char sprites, effect sprites, char bio. Voice samples I know I could not do, so I automatically omit those. My intention is to make them have enough content that I could look at them and pretend they were real characters in a real game.

So, I started.

This is a work in progress of his character portrait. Some modifications will be added. I intend to add his right hand to the left side of the portrait, in a Magneto "feel my wrath" supine grip pose, with some lighting effects (hence the light source).

I've also threw together some really really rough sprites for him. Heavy modifications will also be done to these. Fortunately, due to the way I have chosen to animate them, I can modify a single frame and all other frames will be adjusted automatically, much like a 3D model. Thus, I can add some minor shading, some texture, and fix his face and hands at a later time with minimal effort. That post also contains some of the effect sprites I had in mind.

Then this post contains a general outline for his char bio. The only modifications to this would be to add and not to change, with the exception of the move names which could be changed to compensate/reflect the actual moves he is(would-be) given.

When I finish his character portrait though, I will feel that I've completed him enough to satisfy my own interests. Therefor, I will move on to the next character or abandon the project, depending on how I randomly feel about it (spoiler: the next char I have outlined will be a girl from the same school as him).

Stay tuned for details regarding an entirely different project by Blip.
Last edited by Xenozip. on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Ok, screw the details regarding Blip's project. Here's a video!

Deduce whatever kind of conclusions you want. ;)
Maj

Post by Maj »

Whoa, crazy. Is he making a Final Fantasy Tactics game using Quake models or something? How many people are working together on this?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Holy crap, i can't believe someone actually made this website. The 3D section is nothing but elaborately arranged in-game screenshots of various characters in compromising situations. Way back in the day, sicdic joked about making videos of stuff like this. I'm glad he never got around to it though, cuz being his friend and all i probably would have had to help. That sort of thing is blackmail material for years.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Maj wrote:Holy crap, i can't believe someone actually made this website. The 3D section is nothing but elaborately arranged in-game screenshots of various characters in compromising situations. Way back in the day, sicdic joked about making videos of stuff like this. I'm glad he never got around to it though, cuz being his friend and all i probably would have had to help. That sort of thing is blackmail material for years.
Im not trying to insult your integrity or anything, but how do you find these sites?
Maj

Post by Maj »

It was all sorts of random actually. I clicked on the SC4 thread on SRK cuz the thread title said something about a new character. The first post was edited with a link to a post down the thread which direct linked to an image of a newly revealed character which turned out to be 404 which automatically redirected back to the index. So it was a four-step dumb luck process.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

lol
Maj

Post by Maj »

Funny (yet strangely mean) Colossus vs Magneto fanart.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Work in progress Kevin Ryan sketch. I'm thinking I want to pair him with B.Jenet. I have a nice pose for her in mind.

[Edit]: Paired.

[Edit2]: Finished coloring Jenet. Refresh the "Paired" link.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Okay, so I finally broke and made an art blog: http://xenozipart.blogspot.com/

Now I can stop pestering people about individual works.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Cool, i dig your rendition of that Milla hooker who keeps making the same movie over and over again. Especially the angle you picked and the way you got the hair to match it.

Is this something you're aspiring to do professionally?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Thanks.

As a job, not really. There is a certain skill level I want to get to, but I don't have any goals/plans outside of that, and I probably won't go to school for it either.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Guess Capcom is releasing another XBLA 3D HD remake of a classic arcade vertical shooter by the name of 1942: Joint Strike.

But this time it involves crazy Cammy pin-up artwork on a shirt. How weird is that?
Maj

Post by Maj »

And the undisputed "Best Blog of the Century" award goes to:

Armenia Bribe Tips

AP!

(In all fairness, all of the posts are dated 2006, which was the tail end of the worst of this behavior. Now these things are conducted in a much more subtle manner, like here in America!)