Stuff that You'd like to See in a Video

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Stuff that You'd like to See in a Video

Post by Maj »

This is something of a request thread. You know, random ideas, whatever.

1) Samurai Shodown combo that does over 100% damage before the last hit, made possible by feeding the opponent a turkey.

2) CvS2 combo into A-Vega's super wall grab. A bunch of us gave this a try and nobody has succeeded yet.

3) This is a long shot but i'd love to see Capcom Fighting All-Stars combos. Someone needs to dig through Capcom's dumpsters for discarded beta boards.
Vega Omega

Post by Vega Omega »

I'd like to see Killer Instinct type glitches, the ones where you can hit your opponett anywhere on the screen in some other game.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

1. I'd like to see interesting marvel super heros versus street fighter combos that don't cheat by being on the assist character

2. Guilty Gear Combos that require actual thought and skill to preform and participation of the second character. (seriously this game is lacking in combo videos that are truly interesting)

3. Same as above for any game it hasn't been done for, that I understand the system for relatively well....

4. ummm there is probably more but I'll figure it out later.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'd like to see stuff that's meaty only and counterhit only.

Legitimate combos that allow you to Reactivate in games that you can activate in. Melty comes to mind (lol double activate).

Combos that take you from one wall to the other, and preferably back again (Melty Arcueid).

Some kind of OTG into airthrow, twice in the same combo, in a game like Melty Blood or Guilty Gear (which it theoretically possible).

Combos that make the player land, jump, land again, and rejump multiple times (I guess like Baiken's old dust loop).

A combo video that beautifully depicts using combos to set up mixups, and then show all mixup permutations off said setup, in a way that is enjoyable to watch.

And backwards-facing combos, those are always awesome.
fullmetalross wrote:2. Guilty Gear Combos that require actual thought and skill to preform and participation of the second character. (seriously this game is lacking in combo videos that are truly interesting)
I've seen some interesting situational-only combo videos. Problem is, people go for optimal and always bypass anything subpar. Ideally a combo artist would design some combos for the game that are simply ridiculous, regardless of damage.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Um, 16?) Some combo utilizing Zangief's instant recovery from Lariat, perhaps by way of Alpha Countering a projectile.

17) Bison comboing multiple hits of Psycho Crusher in a game where it's not supposed to juggle. Prolly gotta be SF2 Rainbow Edition.
Maj

Re: Stuff that You'd like to See in a Video

Post by Maj »

18) CvS2 combo utilizing Ryu's j.MP in a way that demonstrates its internal juggle mechanism. Nothing seems to work.

19) Inspired by a comment made in response to a casual CvS2 match between Shou and Gao ...
kingofthenoobs wrote:worst slide ever
I'd like to see a documentary-style compilation of the worst slides in the history of ever. Look to 9:09 in this SBO 3on3 ST match between More Vega and Daigo for my personal nomination of the number one worst slide ever recorded. All others are number two or lower.
Maj

Post by Maj »

20) The HVO Screenshots thread led to me filling a COTA Cyclops request involving lots of Optic Beams and super projectiles colliding. It kinda got me to realize that i wouldn't mind seeing a video of nothing but fireballs and beams and such colliding in interesting ways.
Maj

Post by Maj »

21) Point blank range fireball evasion shenanigans. For example, CvS2 Rolento can use s.HP to hit Guile during LP Sonic Boom startup and pass through the Sonic Boom, then cancel into QCB+HP roll to catch up to the Sonic Boom and get hit by it.

22) We've seen CvS2 Bison's HP Psycho Crusher hit Blanka twice (1:51), but would it be possible to connect with it a third time? Worth trying against Dhalsim's s.HP or something.

23) The first hit of CvS2 Haohmaru's HP DP creates a temporary free juggle state, but what happens if his projectile connects at the same time as that first hit? Does the free juggle state remain or disappear? I'd love to see something like, Haohmaru throws LP FB and Bison does lvl3 Psycho Crusher, which Haohmaru hits with RC HP DP at the same exact time as Bison's toes get hit by the LP FB. Will the second hit of the HP DP hit or whiff?

24) More blank-hit combos in CvS2. If Joe's MK Tiger Kick is performed as a reversal during this Counter Attack denial scenario, will the 2-hit combo counter appear blank?

25) CvS1 Vega can juggle flipkick after his F+HK air throw, but it'd be cool to see him juggle a lvl3 Red Impact if there's enough time to recharge.

26) More suki-cancel Alpha Counter combos against super armored characters. Something along the lines of MvC1 Captain America c.HK vs Hulk whiff super, Cap suki-cancel Alpha Counter to a teammate with a grab Alpha Counter.

27) SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters Clash combos!
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

For 25 does vega have the stored charge for red impact glitch in cvs 1?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hm, he can't store charge but the detached claw charge bug might be the perfect solution. Good call sir. Hopefully someone goes through the trouble of recording it for us to see.

By the way, if dog-face's interviews/highlights project ever takes off, i'm totally hijacking/reclaiming #19 for a special feature.
Maj

Post by Maj »

28) An ST juggle combo which takes advantage of the weird corner fallback confusion that takes place at 0:28 in this video.
desk

Post by desk »

Maj wrote:28) An ST juggle combo which takes advantage of the weird corner fallback confusion that takes place at 0:28 in this video.
I'm on this one :)
Maj

Post by Maj »

29) World Warrior matches can go up to ten rounds if there are enough draws. A lot of people used to forfeit second rounds back then in order to extend the game. Has anyone been poor/clever enough to intentionally go ten rounds on every single quarter? I think it would be funny to shoot a sketch involving this scene. Show a WW match vid down to the third round, but just as someone jumps over someone else's fireball and is about to kill him, you hear the other guy go "Hold up, hold up, hold up, let's play another round!" and the video transitions/zooms out into a camcorder shot of two people playing at an arcade machine. So they get in position and both press fierce on the count of three in order to Double KO. Then they keep playing until the tenth round but maybe by this point they are visibly exhausted - i dunno, depending on whether or not it's funny. They play out the last match, say "Good game" and the loser is about to walk out with his hands in his pockets when suddenly he finds a quarter he didn't know he had. He pulls it out, holds it up in the air, and the camera zooms in on the quarter. We add some lens flare, some trapcode shine, boom we got a $100 million summer blockbuster.
desk

Post by desk »

:lol:

maj, you crazy.