Random Obscure Findings

talk about how great training mode is
phoenix

Re: Random Obscure Findings

Post by phoenix »

Maybe this is well known, but during me trying to replicate the infamous Sako infinite in vsav with toll assistance, I couldn't help but try to make it _truly_ infinite, so I switched on an infinite health cheat and tried to go to 100 hits. Turns out the combo counter freaks out once you go past 99. I thought this was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv--bZBXQ8U
error1

Post by error1 »

weird that it glitches out like that, there's no real reason of it to mess up and start overwriting memory locations and stuff until you get to 255, unless they do it really strangely
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

error1 wrote:weird that it glitches out like that, there's no real reason of it to mess up and start overwriting memory locations and stuff until you get to 255, unless they do it really strangely
Well, there's no room for the 3rd digit base 10 on the display end of things.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

It tells you how confident they were in the combo system that the counter glitch got left in.
felineki

Post by felineki »

Speaking of Vampire Savior glitches, here are a couple in Vampire Savior 2 I learned about recently:

Trade hits with Phobos while Ray of Doom is active, and the two backup robots' beams will hit the opponent every frame while they leave the screen. I've only been able to get up to 27 or so hits myself, but a recent VS2 tourney had 35 hits happen off this glitch.

Bulleta VS Pyron: have Bulleta do Cool Hunting, then have Pyron do Cosmo Disruption. The Cosmo Disruption blasts will now each hit multiple times, I managed to get once instance of Cosmo Disruption to do 87 hits (Orion version, Buletta standing in just the right spot can get the lowest 5 of the seven blasts to hit her simultaneously). You can keep doing Cosmo Disruptions, and they'll continue to have the same effect. I don't know what, if anything, will reset the glitch.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Some random Garou Densetsu 2 (Mega Drive Version) Infinites and combos that i put together today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BELG1_8HcA
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
felineki

Post by felineki »

Vampire Hunter promotional video showing some beta version differences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjTZ_IcQ4Lg Note Victor's lightning bolt attack at ~1:45, and Lei-Lei's Jireitou continuing until it goes offscreen at ~3:05.
felineki

Post by felineki »

Managed to find that the graphics for Blackheart's unused super mentioned in the MSHvSF Secret File are still in the game's data:
error1

Post by error1 »

wow, that's really nice, looks like he grabs you and spits fire at you, I guess they couldn't figure out how to implement it
felineki

Post by felineki »

Yeah, that was the idea going by the sketch and caption included in the Secret File. It notes that they actually had it fully functioning in-game, but ended up removing it for whatever reason.
onReload

Post by onReload »

What exactly is this "Secret File" you speak of? Just the info. where you got the addresses for Norimaro?
felineki

Post by felineki »

The Secret Files were a series of flyers that Capcom published for their arcade games in the late 90's that include artwork, staff comments, behind the scenes stuff, etc. You can see them all here.
error1

Post by error1 »

that's cool, I love those sketches
onReload

Post by onReload »

I'm able to read a bit of it; evidently in SFZ2, they initially were gonna have Zangief's voice actor say, "Adeen, Dva, Tree!" ("1, 2, 3!" in Russian) during his FAB, but they changed it to "Final, Atomic, BUSTER!" which we all know has been used ever since...Kinda forgot that Zero 2 is the first time his character would say it.

I'll edit this if I find more fun stuff.

Haha, Sakura's Shoouken was going to be "High School Uppercut" (spoken in English) before they changed it.

Hmmm...some interesting phrases in here like "hadou-hadou-punch" to simply explain ryu's super motion input..then some others, I think, were "reppa" or "kyaku[kick] yoga". wtf
Last edited by onReload on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Then they gave the "ein, zwei, drei" to Hugo instead, I guess.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

found a weird sf2 snes glitch
was this known?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfvFmK_2jsc
Raine

Post by Raine »

lol, very cool.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Um ... It looks vaguely familiar but i can't remember where i might have seen it. Those bonus stage glitches all kind of blend together after a while, or maybe i'm just not not OG enough to know them all by heart. We definitely need an NKI-signal around here.
error1

Post by error1 »

tested this and it works the same in the arcade version, it would have been great for my rainbow edition tas
error1

Post by error1 »

same kind of thing happens when m bison headstomps the car, he shouldn't hit the opponent to do it tho
Maj

Post by Maj »

Have you ever tried headstomping through those falling wooden barrels? Looks kind of strange/cool.
onReload

Post by onReload »

There's no way to keep stomping through all the barrels, right?
noodalls

Post by noodalls »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWbjeaXOpc

Not sure if this is known, it appears the first frame of Ryu's recovery on his MP moves him forward a touch.
error1

Post by error1 »

it's beacuse the hit boxes are handled differently for active frames then they are for recovery frames.
during active frames all the hitboxes are nice hand drawn rectangles
during recovery the boxes are computer generated and really closely follow the model
as you can see here, ryus hand is invincible during his active frames
felineki

Post by felineki »

An unused animation (ES Plasma Beam?) for Huitzil in the first Darkstalkers game. The animation data was pretty fragmented and unfinished, so this is just a guess as to how it should look.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Probably would have been his super (if the DS1 bosses had supers) since ES moves don't have unique animations. Are you going to dig out that weird Pyron move too?
felineki

Post by felineki »

Sorry for the late reply. Your idea makes sense (it being a super rather than an ES). The graphics for his ending are in the first game, which implies they were considering having him playable at some point, and thus probably intended him to have a super. One more thing that I forgot to mention earlier that points to this animation being unfinished is that all the tiles for it are at the very end of his tileset in the graphics data. I haven't looked into the Pyron thing yet.

EDIT: I went ahead and investigated the Pyron things. This is what they look like animated:
Image Image
Image Image
They're stored with the Sol Smasher graphics, which seems to support my initial hunch that this was going to be the "normal" Sol Smasher and the big spherical fireball we're familiar with was going to be the ES version.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

DS1 sol smasher is so broken as it is. I wonder if that one worked the same but with no arcing or flame column.

You should put this on tcrf. (Looks like someone there has been following your other stuff.)
onReload

Post by onReload »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsnoHXN_ng0

SSFIVAE2012 Vega trying to dig out of training mode
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Ken Disappears for a bit. hahaha
Making no profit since 1987...