Anyone Going to Evo? (Tournament Meetup Thread!)

stay up to date on what's going on
fullmetalross

Anyone Going to Evo? (Tournament Meetup Thread!)

Post by fullmetalross »

Hey guys I just wanted to post up to see who was going to Evo, and also maybe post a picture of yourself or something just to say what up. I'll be flying in Thursday so yeah.. Oh and we should also all go get a drink or soemthing one night and discuss combos or better yet just get trashed and make a scene hitting on women/men (whatever your preference ya know) So yeah post up!

Oh and here is a picture of me.

obviously there is not actually three of me this is just like the most recent one I had.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

That was me at Evo West (I'm the one not dressed as Cammy).

- James
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

Sorry, got no picture, but I'll be there. =) White guy, goatee and glasses.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Maj

Re: If you are going to Evo

Post by Maj »

fullmetalross wrote:obviously there is not actually three of me this is just like the most recent one I had.
That looks tight! I gotta make me one of those someday.

Anyway i don't have a photo right now but jchensor and Magnetro and probably a bunch of other people know what i look like, so you can ask them. I'll be hanging out with SRK staff most of the time i'm there so it shouldn't be too difficult to find me. Unless there's a Kobe game being shown on a TV within a 500 foot radius, in which case i might disappear to a random bar whenever there isn't an exciting match being played.

I'm planning on driving to Vegas on Saturday morning and driving back on Sunday night, so we can all get lunch on Saturday or Sunday or whatever is convenient.
laugh

Post by laugh »

well, I think I got to play ross in cvs2 and got to talk a little bit with him at evo, as well as meeting majestros for the first time in person after like 4-5 years of knowing him through aim.

Sick videos were shown, lots of buttons were pressed, and a lot of drinks were consumed at evo. It was a great tournament.

I however feel stupid for sleeping through cvs2 finals because I had total of 5 hours of sleep during the entire tournament. While i was sleeping, I think ross came up to me while I was sleeping through smash bros and asked me if I wanted to to go eat with everyone on this forum. I think I said I want to sleep. That was stupid! I missed out.

Next year, I need to bring a working stick.
CC that shit
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

haha Why were we in the same bracket in cvs 2 and 3s. You have a hella solid cvs game *YOU BAITED MY ALPHA COUNTER!!!* It was fun playing you I wished we could have done more. Also good job in 3s taking out Edma like a beast!

I had fun it was good shit meeting everybody. Why isn't crowbait on here? Magnetro, Desk, Maj, NKI, good shit on the videos, really hot and super inspiring. Food was great its too bad we didn't get to talk more. Everyone I met was great and I'd love to talk to you guys more.

oh and Laugh, I was watching you play HNK I had never seen that way to get into the basketball combo with toki, he's so dirty.
Maj

Post by Maj »

It was a lot of fun. DAMN tiring but a lot of fun. Matches were really exciting all the way until just before grand finals for most games. They were either top tier mirror matches or some disappointing character winning. But that's usually the case, huh? That's what makes it special when a rushdown player wins or when an unusual character makes it out alive.

I'm glad i got to meet everyone and that we managed to find some time to hang out. Trying to talk in the Evo room was painful. Most of the time i was shouting at the person right next to me just to be heard.

We definitely gotta do this again next year. I'll remember to bring some games so that we can actually play (CvS1) a little bit.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

I should start saving up and make it out in 08
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Sorry I was so freaking scarce that whole weekend. Next year, I'll make sure I can hang out and join the Combo Video Makers dinner pow-wow and such. :-(

Glad I saw everyone that I did, though. And glad to have you and your bro help me in GGXXAC, Goryus. ^_^ Sorry I sucked it up so badly!

- James
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

jchensor wrote:Sorry I was so freaking scarce that whole weekend. Next year, I'll make sure I can hang out and join the Combo Video Makers dinner pow-wow and such. :-(

Glad I saw everyone that I did, though. And glad to have you and your bro help me in GGXXAC, Goryus. ^_^ Sorry I sucked it up so badly!

- James
As if we were any better! Oh well, it was a lot of fun anyways. ^_^;
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Vega Omega

Post by Vega Omega »

Jizz?!?
-----------

Next year I tell you, next year! I'll be there fo sho.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

That's why you asked me how to spell "Jizz".

Hahahaha
Vega Omega

Post by Vega Omega »

Magnetro wrote:That's why you asked me how to spell "Jizz".

Hahahaha
:D
desk

Post by desk »

So do a lot of you guys plan to attend this year? If so i'm going to have to post my pic because I want to meet everyone and hopefully get a few sessions in before the actual event.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I am going to sketch anyone who posts a pic.

(*runs away with sketchbook*)
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I'm going! I look very similar.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

me too.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I'm not gonna be able to make it this year because i'll be in Armenia with family from August 4th until the 25th. Bad timing, but this wasn't something i could turn down. Hopefully i'll have internet access so i can at least check the results.
desk

Post by desk »

that really sucks man, this is going to be my first year too. ah, hope you have fun with your family.

Anyway, this is me (on the left)...
was taken in a ramen bar, yo!!

do people tend to organize sessions and stuff ahead of time or just see what happens when they get there? also I'm going to be there from wed (or thursday) I think. I'm hoping to fill my time getting some practice in and meeting you guys! Like i say it's my first time at evo so if anyone can advise how best i spend my time that would be awesome.

I'm really excited about evo!!!!!
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Oh, wow, that's great news!

IMO, the way you should spend evo varies. If you're a gamer, there are going to be hotel rooms with competition, and BYOC, money matches, hype. If you're a party person, you'll be in Vegas -- on the strip! So yeah if you're that kind of person, you'll have fun all over the place in Vegas.

I'll try looking for you this year. here's the best image of me:

P.S. The SH/F Lunch™ won't be the same without you, Maj.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Totally

Metal

Hehehe!

*runs away*
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Haha. You are what you play.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Magnetro wrote:Haha. You are what you play.
Oh yeah?

[Edit]: color
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Curly Mustache
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Oh man xeno. Nice. haha.

ususally we don't organize anything. We just end up meeting up. With out maj we won't get cool people like Seth to eat with us. But oh well.

I expect desk to be my wingman at bars and use his british accent to woo us some ladies. haha.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

If you can't win. Do a crazy combo. Thats my advice for evo.

Since my bracket is hard Im going to try and land the following crazy combos in cvs 2

Rolento
Meaty or CH st.mp, cr.mk xx tripwire
st.jab x 3, cr.mk xx tripwire
meaty knife, cr.mk xx tripwire

Chun-li
cr.lk xx RH Lighting Legs, cr.mp xx lvl 2 super xx RH lightning legs, cr.mp xx lvl 1 super

Sagat
Punish Scissor kick with st.jab, cr.mk xx rh tiger knee
meaty cr.fp, mk xx lvl2 hotfoot xx dp
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Rithli wrote:See you guys at Vegas:
http://chloe4am.net/bagels/a2k_flier-small02.jpg
^Don't miss this guy. If you see him handing out these fliers then give him a shout.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Great seeing everyone from here again.

Desk: Awesome meeting you. I hope you had fun at your first evo. We should hang out for more than 15 min next year. I hope you enjoyed the Marvel hype for a bit. hehe.

James Chen: always nice to talk to you even if it's just for a little.

FMR: Only saw you in the back.

Omni: you too nice
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

Nice seeing you too, Magnetro. :cry:

Ross, glad we ended up in the same CVS pool, even if I don't play that game and it was crazy. I liked watching your chun li and rolento shenanigans a lot.

Desk, good meeting you man! Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

James, always a pleasure!

Maj, wish you'd been there.