Side Projects aka plug whatever you want

stay up to date on what's going on
Maj

Re: Side Projects aka plug whatever you want

Post by Maj »

Yeah i've talked to Greg about kickstarter, but i get the sense that he's treating it as a last resort. I told him the same thing about the fighting game community, but i can't argue too much because he's hesitant for essentially the same reasons that i don't want to accept donations for Sonic Hurricane.

Anyway we've got Seth on our side at Capcom, so it's a matter of whether he can convince their marketing department to see this as valuable to their brand. We don't want to get too hopeful because corporate marketing works in kind of a backwards way, but we've got our fingers crossed. Plus the guys at IGN seem impressed, so Greg might end up doing something with them.

I don't know - i've done my part. I got BBTG shown at Evo, even though it literally came in three hours before it was scheduled to be shown, and Evo staff had to play it in front of 6,000 people without ever having seen a draft in advance. So yeah, that probably wouldn't have happened if i wasn't involved. And i helped (as in forced them to) set up most of the branding they have now - website, twitter account, youtube channel, promo materials, etc.

But the "making movies" part is up to them. I can be there holding a boom mic or doing whatever miscellaneous work they need me to do, but at the end of the day, i'm not motivated to make movies for the love of moviemaking the way Greg and Vahe are.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

I'm going to be submitting a clip or two to these guys.
It only makes sense right? lol
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for a blog site name? I like kof, shermie is my favorite character if that helps.
error1

Post by error1 »

Twilight of the Demon Lords
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

error1 wrote:Twilight of the Demon Lords
Lol wat?
onReload

Post by onReload »

Well they're kinda demon lords, Orochi being a demon serpent and they're all the heavenly kings...uhh...hmm. maybe error1 was just being a goof

-going to snk.wikia.com...lookin' at shermie/o.shermie stuff...fanatic waltz? rhythmic hallucination? these are some of O.Shermie's theme names.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Ah ok....

Hmm, idk. I was thinking of "chaotic hideout" but sounds kinda....lame :?: Persona blog site is called "Persona workshop" which sounds fitting.
error1

Post by error1 »

you didn't say the name had to be related to anything.
how about
"superclash of ultra destruction"
onReload

Post by onReload »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgczNJwKiRY

If anyone has seen my YouTube channel, you'll know I have an odd obsession with getting people on the wrong side of the dead SUV. I felt like narrating it once
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, looks like we're doing it again: Matador

Guess we didn't learn our lesson last time.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Nice! Really liked the Balrog one.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Oooh. I hope the stories overlap. I hope you find a dude who can do a castillian accent. i hope the claw and mask are badass
etc
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, this one isn't gonna be a comedy/mockumentary, so we have no safety net. Either we need to have all of those things or it's not worth doing. There's a lot of reasons we need that budget to make this work. Seems like a long-shot though. We'll see how the community responds, i guess.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Blerp, plugging whatever I want.

(pictures, click and skim)
http://twitpic.com/photos/XenozipArt

Which got blended over from http://xenozipstuff.blogspot.com/

This has been like the 4th time I've removed myself from the fighting game community, but there always use to be a feeling of eventual inevitability for me wandering back in. Lately I'm not sure how eventual that eventuality is though. So, hence the plug.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
error1

Post by error1 »

final finished modding all the characters
http://youtu.be/DSyiKZvaS-w
Raine

Post by Raine »

I recently came out as transgender at the start of the year, after struggling with the issue internally for ~10 years. I've been trying to rebuild my identity and reconnect with society in a positive way after being a self-destructive nihilist for most of my life. The past month has been the greatest time of my life, and I've been totally amazed by how much I've changed for the better in ways I'd never imagined. I've started a Facebook account under my new name and a couple of blogs to chronicle my day-to-day life (it's mostly just been commentary on media so far though :lol: ). I don't expect anyone to care, but if anyone wants to get to know me better, or doesn't mind letting me stalk them on FB, feel free to get in contact with me on there. I'm very open and happy to talk about anything. My interest in combo making has been rekindled of late, but it's been difficult to dedicate time to it recently. I have a LOT going on at the moment. So far I've just made some good TA Oni combos in AE, but I'm keen to get into SFxT once Capcom gets their business together and releases 2013 for PC. By the way, Maj, is it possible to change my login here on the forum?

http://www.facebook.com/ashley.raine.33
http://ashley-raine.tumblr.com/
http://ashley-raine7.tumblr.com/
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sure, just let me know what you want it changed to and i'm sure i can find some admin panel thing that'll let me do it.
onReload

Post by onReload »

sent you a request. name is under "marc de vloomanu"
Raine

Post by Raine »

If you could change it to "Raine", that'd be great.

Marc, I accepted your request. I'm so glad the very first post I saw was "Sports" from Tim & Eric, that's one of my favourite skits from that show. I'm sure we'll get along well. :lol:
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Remxi wrote:I recently came out as transgender at the start of the year, after struggling with the issue internally for ~10 years. I've been trying to rebuild my identity and reconnect with society in a positive way after being a self-destructive nihilist for most of my life. The past month has been the greatest time of my life, and I've been totally amazed by how much I've changed for the better in ways I'd never imagined. I've started a Facebook account under my new name and a couple of blogs to chronicle my day-to-day life (it's mostly just been commentary on media so far though :lol: ). I don't expect anyone to care, but if anyone wants to get to know me better, or doesn't mind letting me stalk them on FB, feel free to get in contact with me on there. I'm very open and happy to talk about anything. My interest in combo making has been rekindled of late, but it's been difficult to dedicate time to it recently. I have a LOT going on at the moment. So far I've just made some good TA Oni combos in AE, but I'm keen to get into SFxT once Capcom gets their business together and releases 2013 for PC. By the way, Maj, is it possible to change my login here on the forum?

http://www.facebook.com/ashley.raine.33
http://ashley-raine.tumblr.com/
http://ashley-raine7.tumblr.com/
This is very shocking, unexpected news! :o

I always just think tho, look out for no. 1 and do what makes you happy. Ultimately you're taking care of yourself and fuck anyone who tells you to do the opposite. Also, its good that you did "come out" rather than building a complex network of people who know and who don't know, and trying to micro-manage the whole thing, and rage when someone happened to answer a simple yes/no question (not mentioning any names >_>). There are indeed people out there who are mad at other people, just for thinking they should accept themselves as who they are, after being conditioned to hate themselves. If that makes sense.

Anyway in summary, honesty = good, shame and self hate = bad (and can lead to complete insanity, where you start misinterpreting all events around you). Hope everything's alright!

Are you still going to YSB/OHN and on irc and all that? Just curious if you are, I'm definitely not. For now anyway.
Raine

Post by Raine »

I haven't been going to YSB for the past 3-4 months or so, but I'll try my best to make it to OHN. I'm still on IRC (efnet & mizuumi) everyday, although the local community has kinda split into two channels now, the gaming kinda crowd in one channel and the shittalkers in the other channel :lol: . I still get along with everyone, though.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Looks like that username change worked. Sorry it took so long. My laptop screen is down to only working when it's 30 degrees open, which is really starting to hurt my neck, haha. I might not be around much until i can get it fixed or find a good deal on a replacement.

Also i'd say hi on facebook but i've never had a fb page. Honestly i kinda hate that place, although i can see how people could find it convenient sometimes.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Thanks! I despise FB's closed system, so I've totally avoided it up until to now. I can't wait until something with more freedom manages to kill it. I must say I've been enjoying delving deeper into the social media experience, however.