Side Projects aka plug whatever you want

stay up to date on what's going on
Maj

Post by Maj »

ZenFire: Good luck sir! Do your forum members understand English? What would you like us to say? Interesting mix of games you mentioned. No Marvel? That part about the girl made me laugh. To this day it still bums me out that the fighting game community has constructed so many fences to keep girls out. Then again, girls do have a habit of ruining perfectly good forums.

felineki: Dude that looks sweet! The whole thing works together really well too. The foreground platform matches the blocks in the background which helps a lot in making the design seem connected. If a stage like that appeared in a Namco fighting game, i'd be a fan. The only part that bugs me is how Ryu lost to that overpowered canister thing. It could not have been the real Ryu because Ryu is strong.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj wrote:-snip-
Ho ho hooo, 'twas a hobby.

I don't really have much advise for you, except maybe to look around for students who might be willing to do it for cheap/free in order to gain experience/exposure. Or learn it yourself via online tutorials and experimentation.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Yes, 90% of Dutch ppl under the age of 40 understand and speak English well (fictional statistic). What to say? I actually have no idea. Maybe something like "Get some Marvel drama going" or "I approve these forums!". Or maybe something to make the guys feel like they're part of some weird international brotherhood of geeks just because they play fighting games competitively.

There was one guy who played Marvel seriously and after I played him I started practicing some. Then there were a bunch of ppl it rubbed off on. As a result there was one MVC2 tournament way back. I don't believe I know anyone that plays it regularly. Also, PAL Dreamcasts break so fucking easy. Few ppl still have a working one. Something about a bad quality GD-ROM drive.

That girl actually plays 3S. She's not total shit either, but I'm not sure she'd know how to set up and maintain a forum, transfer the domain or run tournaments. However, she's good looking. I bet she would have at least upped the number of registrants.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, i signed up and posted something dumb. If anyone sends me a PM, i think i'll get an automatic email letting me know. So if anyone on your website has any obscure CvS2 questions, they can always contact me.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Awesome, I just saw it. Yes, you'll get an email if they PM. I wonder if anyone will ^_^
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Do they know about Monster and IaMP?
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Well, I posted about Monster but there wasn't much interest. Some ppl already knew about it. Even I don't know what IaMP is >_<
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I wasn't actually serious, sorry. Although, this gives me the opportunity/excuse to post about my latest project(s).

This is my IaMP blog: http://zenosip.blogspot.com/

This is my (currently idle) Monster blog: http://xenozip.blogspot.com/

You can see a bunch of Jap tournament match footage for IaMP on Sibladeko's u2be page. And you can see a bunch of casuals for IaMP and Monster on my u2be page, but it's prolly better to view my playlists.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

http://www.tipstricks.com/streamingstra ... dOfWar.php

I made GoWII videos for tips and tricks like a month ago... it's taken forever for them to put it up though. Whatever, there they are..

Anyway, I tried to include at least 1 good thing in each combo. They're done tutorial style... so you should understand them. I dont know if I can send people the non-edited footage.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dude that Titan Storm Combo was awesome. These clips turned out great. How come they all have 10 seconds of blank at the end?

By the way, do you have any way of finding out how many views these videos are getting? Also, do you know which game you're going to be working on next? If any of it is confidential information, don't worry about answering the questions. I'm just a little curious but i can wait and see.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Not sure about other games yet.

They have no audio and 10 sec of black vid at the end cause the company doesn't know what's going on : (
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Guess what I'm doing:
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

oh, haha, tips and tricks magazine was canceled so no more videos for them, haha.

That goes for their website too!

: ( but I'm not surprised really.
TS

Post by TS »

ZenFire wrote:Guess what I'm doing:
Shooting dice...?
Am I added?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

ZenFire wrote:Guess what I'm doing:
Creating high res cappachow for the tippytow, my hammy?
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Xenozip. wrote:Creating high res cappachow for the tippytow, my hammy?
I have NO IDEA what the hell all that is, but I will tell you what you're looking at ^_^
I'm workign on a novel way to display input in my videos. Hopefully automated for the most part. Tracing those 'buttons' is step 1. Next step is making a little application to convert subs in txt format to a huge ass avisynth script. I'm not even sure my idea will work.
laugh

Post by laugh »

Are you making a true type font with fighting game symbols?!??!? That's my best guess. That would explain the use of subs.

The more I log on and read stuff on this forum, the more humbling it gets.

Anyways, I need some feedback on which arcade board I should get. I have 3 options and they are: Rival Schools, Star Gladiator 2/Plasma Sword, and SFEX2Plus (maybe regular EX2 also). I'm asking this because I'm getting one of these boards to play Tetris: The Grand Master on the motherboard (ZN2) but I'd like to get a game (they're all the same price) that's good for making combos or is different from console ports so it'd be worth it to have the arcade version.
CC that shit
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah it's awesome. Everyone brings something different to the table.

There is no console port of SFEX2, so that one fits your criteria best. Cuz as far as i know, only SFEX+a and SFEX2+ were released on PS1.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

ZenFire wrote:I have NO IDEA what the hell all that is
Sine your pitty on the runny kine.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

I'd get EX2, all the way. Rival Schools isn't... complex enough, IMO, for fun Combos. I mean, it's got some tricks, but it's not as enjoyable as EX2 for Combos. I have no opinion on Plasma Sword, however.

And I'm actually REALLY jealous that you are getting TGM. That game is still, like, THE best one-player Tetris ever.
Xenozip. wrote:Sine your pitty on the runny kine.
Um... Sa da tay?

- James
laugh

Post by laugh »

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I didn't know EX2 was that good. I'm glad I asked about it, cuz I really think I would've gotten Rival Schools if I hadn't.

James, you know what's really good when it comes to Tetris. Hehe. I'm trying to finish my supergun project before Evo Worlds (I don't think I'll be done before Evo West) so that I can bring over some of the goodies that don't have console ports.
CC that shit
Maj

Post by Maj »

Speaking of God of War 2 (like 20 days ago), there's some voting thing going on where it's nominated for 4 awards. So those of you who love voting, here's your chance to vote for GoW2!!
Maj

Re: Side Projects aka plug whatever you want

Post by Maj »

Got a new illustration for my Nimuro website - Nimuro vs Psylocke vs Vega super mega battle of the century!

Psylocke is wearing a Shadaloo Doll outfit because that's how Bison rolls. Plus this sort of thing happens to Psylocke every other week.

Check out what Ryan Dunlavey (the artist) has written on his website bio:
Ryan Dunlavey wrote:I have over a decade of expert hands-on experience with industry standard software including Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and Street Fighter II.
How awesome is that? The minute i saw that, i knew i had to ask him for a Nimuro illustration.
Maj

Post by Maj »

CaliPower and jchensor teamed up to con me into filming, capturing, and editing this Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition Arcade Fightstick Review for Shoryuken.com. It was fun hanging out with those guys again, but i had never used that camera before and got owned up every step of the way. Despite all the technical difficulties, i think the review itself turned out well and i'm just really happy to be done.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

lmao. Nice.

tf2 pyro stuff

http://magnetro.com/tf2clips.avi a friend and i are gonna try to do a 'how to not play pyro video' so far we're just recording how to kill people effectively. there are a few clips of me or him being a jerk and juggling people or doing a HADOUKEN
Maj

Post by Maj »

I know nothing about that game but some of that stuff looks fun. It's entertaining whether or not it's effective. I'm sure its own crowd will love it.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Yes. It's very entertaining. You can plan really funny ideas: http://magnetro.com/heavy_eat.avi

The heavy is unable to attack while eating and makes noise so people know he's eating if they're around him.
Maj

Post by Maj »

My MUA FAQ has 275k hits now. It'll probably surpass 300k by the end of the year. How crazy is that? Here's my complete GameFAQs statline:

Code: Select all

File                                                        Today    Yest    Week    Month    Year    All
Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 (ARC) Guile                  2       0       10      25      157     1534
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS2) Simulator Disc Missions Guide      94      133     1029    2018     11318   274756
X-Men Legends II (PS2) Advanced Tactics Guide                     13      12      111      233     1361    74004
In case anyone was wondering, writing CvS1 single-character strategy guides is perhaps not the most productive use of one's time.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Um, yeah, i don't know where else to post this but i got the idea to make it 10 mins ago.

I know it's ghetto but i gots combos to video.
error1

Post by error1 »

my god a chronologically accurate street fighter time line. I like how you remembered Street Fighter 2010, it should get a 20 year re release. If my math is right Street fighter 5 will take place between Street Fighter Zero 3 Double Upper and Super Street Fighter II X Grand Master Challenge for Matching Service