SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

video previews, releases, and feedback
Rufus

Re: SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:Yeah, I know we all knew about these for the most part. I think he was hinting more of the idea behind it. There may be something new through toying with this idea. I mean, I figured most likely that Maj would use the sonic boom, fadc, U1, dizzy glitch, but I'm sure there is more.
I should tinker with it. If it's possible to have it double-hit with TAP(final) and dizzy then that opens up double-ultra combos.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Of course 30 minutes after i click publish, i realize i probably could've done a fifth Tanden Engine via Hyakuretsukyaku trade. No clue why it didn't occur to me three days ago when i was totally teleport-throwing Rose all over the place. (Kinda fun, y'all should try it.)

Ah well, guess i can add it to the mega-list of TACV revision combos that i'll hopefully get around to recording by 2025.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:i realize i probably could've done a fifth Tanden Engine via Hyakuretsukyaku trade.
Wait, how would you do that exactly? Can you grab during the seizure part?
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I had totally forgotten about that D:

Maj

Post by Maj »

Whoa, i'm totally stealing that wall bounce divekick if i ever revise that Seth mirror damage combo.

Man, it takes forever to test stomp juggle variants. There are so many different timing configurations and 98% of them lead to discouraging failure.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Haha really? I thought you were having fun by spacing them out big time (except for Rose).
error1

Post by error1 »

yeah I know what you mean. Spacing them out so you can ex tandem after is a pain. That wall bounce dive kick works vs nearly any character.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Spacing them out was kinda fun, but i'd be wall bouncing all over the place if i had my way. Unfortunately none of the dummies i ended up using were convenient for those types of combos, except i guess the Seth vs Seth opportunity i overlooked.

The problem is that Seth can't attack for a while after a wall bounce, so he's halfway across the screen by the time those kicks become active. The only way to stay close to the opponent is to get on the other side of them and drag them with you, but the timing on that is really precise so it's easy to miss when you're tweaking three values at once.
error1

Post by error1 »

the wall bounce thing works on rose for sure, and she has a pretty bad air hit box. If I remember right he can do stomp, stomp, wall bounce, stomp, dive. But I could be wrong.
So have you started Guile yet? Or are you saving that for next year? You are really going to wish you had a 50 frame sonic boom.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Or vega 45 frame ultra LOL.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Rose wouldn't really make a difference in this case, because with her setup i'm either going for super (which takes divekick out of the equation) or i'm going for 5x vacuum (which takes stomps out of the question too).

I guess Seth was the best candidate for it, because that combo ends in stompy dive either way. Sakura gets dizzy too soon and three Hyakuretsukyaku combos is enough. Although if i had to redo this video from scratch, a lot of stuff would probably get shuffled around. I'd probably even start the last combo with some c.HP / j.MP juggles. I only started the last combo with Focus Attacks because i like the way full-arc j.D+MK looks.

I haven't started on Guile yet but i've got a few ideas written down that i've been meaning to try out, so at least i've got a vague idea of where to begin. It'll probably take a while, but hopefully not nearly as long as Seth took.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Good luck Maj.Your Seth video provided me a fresh dose of mind-fuck and with a slap on the face of how things should be done haha.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Great Video, well worth the wait, love the mid combo teleport & the wierd ranges on the Sakura combo. I see you manaed to have enough time to do something after the dive kick after all.

also i lol'd at `biyearly`
Maj

Post by Maj »

Thank you sirs.

That divekick crumple was a lifesaver. I was ready to throw away that meaty s.LP, j.D+MK -> j.D+MK -> j.D+HK sequence until i remembered what you said about it causing a light attack reaction on KO. It's too bad there isn't more time to try something fancy afterwards. The most i could get was two chained light attacks. I would've loved to do backward j.D+MK -> j.HP as a finisher.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Maj wrote:Thank you sirs.

That divekick crumple was a lifesaver. I was ready to throw away that meaty s.LP, j.D+MK -> j.D+MK -> j.D+HK sequence until i remembered what you said about it causing a light attack reaction on KO. It's too bad there isn't more time to try something fancy afterwards. The most i could get was two chained light attacks. I would've loved to do backward j.D+MK -> j.HP as a finisher.
Backward Jump down MP -> Jump HP? (Or normal HP?)

Does that work?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Pokey86 wrote:
Maj wrote:Thank you sirs.

Backward Jump down MP -> Jump HP? (Or normal HP?)

Does that work?
Maybe, but I doubt you get the stretchy arms version of j.HP. If you do, man have I been missing out >.<

Maj

Post by Maj »

Aw, i guess you don't get the stretchy arms. Well, that's too bad; two reasons that we're stuck with s.HK post-KO.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Btw the transcript is up in case anyone needs a nap: http://sonichurricane.com/?p=6987
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

For Guile, think you can do a combo like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuajUY2quE#t=1m45s

BUT, you interrupt guile after the first hit with a fireball or something, then juggle with EX flash kick. Not sure how you could go about it, but I am REALLY having a hard time with ideas for a Vanilla TACV for Guile. haha
Making no profit since 1987...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Messing around with the j.D+HK divekick KO a little more, i tried doing s.LP and then another jump attack, but you absolutely can't even jump after that. Evidently the divekick just takes too long to land. You can't even dash after s.LP and dashing has a huge buffer window. The last thing i tried was simply stomping after the KO and trying to follow up with j.MP or something, but you can't do anything else after that stomp either.

error1 wrote:That wall bounce dive kick works vs nearly any character.
Oh i see, the trick is to hit the second stomp near the peak so you can make it over the opponent, but not too late so you don't slide in front of them. Then you delay the third stomp as much as possible, so you can squeeze in behind them to can drag them along with the wall jump.

Snoooootch wrote:Not sure how you could go about it, but I am REALLY having a hard time with ideas for a Vanilla TACV for Guile. haha
Don't worry about Guile, i'll figure something out. Sucks that i can't use Sonic Hurricane or put on sunglasses, but it's not the end of the world.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Nice transcript, very detailed, had no idea that Bisons super was a vital part of that combo. though i don't really like being attributed to "finding" a combo. If i recall i saw a set of Poongko VS Onlinetony & he used it after every focus, it's possible the combo i `discovered` somehow filtered to him, but i doubt it :P

So you do plan on making a Guilde one? nice, i was quite saddened assuming that this was all over.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Eh, it's the least i could do. Actually i was surprised that s.HK, s.HP link wasn't in any of your videos. I could've sworn i saw you use it somewhere.

And yeah, i'm definitely gonna make a Guile episode. In fact i'll even set an e.t.a. - let's say, 05.29.2012!

Uh, wish me luck.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Yeah, i'm surprised, expected i would have used it in Wake-up SRK, but i didn't. ah well.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Here's kind of a cool corner combo:

Seth counterhit lvl3 FA xx dash vs Seth, HP vacuum, s.HK, s.HP xx HP FB xx lvl2 FA xx dash, LP vacuum, s.HK, s.LK, s.LP, c.MK xx HP FB xx lvl2 FA xx dash, HP SPD (Seth dizzy)

Has anyone shown Seth's command grab dizzying on the way up like that?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:Here's kind of a cool corner combo:

Seth counterhit lvl3 FA xx dash vs Seth, HP vacuum, s.HK, s.HP xx HP FB xx lvl2 FA xx dash, LP vacuum, s.HK, s.LK, s.LP, c.MK xx HP FB xx lvl2 FA xx dash, HP SPD (Seth dizzy)

Has anyone shown Seth's command grab dizzying on the way up like that?
Never seen it in a video, but I've had it happen to me while playing.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Maj wrote:And yeah, i'm definitely gonna make a Guile episode. In fact i'll even set an e.t.a. - let's say, 05.29.2012!
E3 has been owning me up, so this'll have to wait another couple of weeks. Maybe 06.12.2012ish?

Man, i'm never gonna be done with this series ...
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

6th of December?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Pokey86 wrote:6th of December?
That could also be July 12.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Haha, it means 6th of december in my country too.