Super and Regular SFIV combos+music+stuff

video previews, releases, and feedback
error1

Re: Super and Regular SFIV combos+music+stuff

Post by error1 »

Youtube takes vid stealing seriously, I've heard they often remove all the owners videos on a violation rather then figure out whats not stolen
desk

Post by desk »

>Not tool assisted
>See a double FA crumple

Guy's a liar, but the video was entertaining.
music suxx!
Eventhubs is my favourite :)

That dude has just set my video to private. Can he still steal all my views like that?

Thanks for the heads up btw Doopliss. I'd still go for that makoto combo you mentioned, it's more valid against a standing opponent anyway. What was the air slasher thing? I don't know the name of any moves yet, lol
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

desk wrote: What was the air slasher thing? I don't know the name of any moves yet, lol
air slasher = max out= DeeJays projectile. But thing is, my Makoto combo is just as unviable, as it only works on wide characters like Abel (to my knowledge). I found some other combos for my video anyways, so no biggie.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Great video sir. Makoto vs Honda at 0:55 was hilarious and so was Dudley vs Rufus at 1:18. Double-rose Sonic Hurricane at 2:04 made me chuckle too. Dudley doing SFTM combos at 3:13, haha.

Dope Gouken setup at 2:56, though i probably wouldn't have used the rose for that. I get the feeling we're gonna have to be conservative with rose usage in the future cuz people are gonna start to get sick of it quick.

No clue wtf is going on with Juri at 2:16. Reminds me of Yun Genei Jin combos, which i never figured out either btw. Though the most shocking thing is the Dudley vs Honda combo at 2:45. I don't understand why that works.

Not a huge fan of unblockable setups in combovids but i gotta admit it's a good idea for a week-one video. Those ultra startups add like 5 seconds of padding to each clip. Probably adds up to over a minute at least.
desk wrote:That dude has just set my video to private. Can he still steal all my views like that?
Nah it doesn't show up in search results if it's private so he won't get any more of your views going forward. Even if he makes it public again in a month, it won't matter because the early push is the most important. Though i'd probably tell him to remove it anyway. Some fool sent me a friend request yesterday and he's got my Evo Ryu vid on his channel along with hella random combo/tournament vids he nicked from different sources. What the hell am i supposed to say to someone like that?
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

I've asked derrace to remove it
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Love your Dee Jay combo, I was trying to do something similar and found that getting pushed back slightly makes the combo easier cos the FB travels forward further, tho that may screw up any potential stuff afterward. But yeah it's not too hard against crouching honda, using a crouching LP instead of the standing LK you used. Geez using close LK it looks like there's barely any pushback. I wonder how many reps you can get with inf meter....
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I'm doing it on standing gief with c.LP. 4 reps, followed by:

a) far s.HP
b) walk forward c.MK (I prefer this one)

desk

Post by desk »

I like how comprehensive your response was maj! lol. Totally agree about the rose thing, it's going to be hella overused. In that gouken combo it' doesn't even look like it's needed but it made the whole thing easier. I think I only use it once in the next vid but it's the most practical and 'comboy' thing I've found with it so far.

I managed to squeeze another 4 hits into that Juri combo (the clip will be in the new vid)!

I don't know man, I really like unblockables. I always try to trim everything that it's possible to trim to keep things interesting but SFIV (super in particular) does everything it can to prevent this, lol. Have you seen Seths ultra 2 freeze? last about as long as some other full ultras. Oh yeah, I managed to get dudleys rose as an unblockable but the hit stun is so short you can't land the ultra afterwards :(

I made a comment on youtube but that claw combo from day four was ridiculous. Did you know the up part of his ultra 1 causes the big ultra finish screen? Plus if you juggle with it the last part doesn't connect. Very disappointing!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nice! I heard about that Fei Long loop working against Juri again but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. That counter super is so frustrating. How can something be so badass yet so useless at the same time? I can't believe that none of the counters in SSF4 have delay. I was trying to do super-deep j.HK against Gouken and Dudley so i could land and do ultra, but no dice. And why doesn't EX Cross Counter swing back when it whiffs? So lame. I guess there's always Balrog/Abel EX armor specials but that's so getto.

Vega KO is pretty cool. Weak that it doesn't juggle, but what can you do? I'm also surprised that Ryu's ShinSho didn't go into full animation at 1:22 after the fireball killed Cody. That doesn't create a free post-KO juggle state anymore?

Haha 67 hits with Dee Jay already. I'ma get 68. Dun dun drama!

Ending clip was badass!!
error1

Post by error1 »

Maj wrote: I guess there's always Balrog/Abel EX armor specials but that's so getto.

Haha 67 hits with Dee Jay already. I'ma get 68. Dun dun drama!
Cross counter doesn't finish vs armor
Does the rose not trigger Gouken's counter?
his ultra does 45 hits by its self right lol
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nah i mean what you can do is jump behind Dudley as he does EX Cross Counter and jab him or whatever. He'll shoot the other way. If he swung back, you could use it to trigger Fei/Cammy's counter ultras. But he doesn't swing back if it whiffs.

Dudley's rose triggers Gouken's counter but that's the only one. The new ones can't be triggered by projectiles.
desk

Post by desk »

haha, I had the same Idea. I was trying some 3rd strike cross-counter-blue-nocturne style ideas but none of them worked.

Dude, you should totally go for a silly deejay combo! The ultra alone is 40+ hits. Though I've never tried before, with that juri U1 and that deejay thing, I was totally reminded of the 3s tosaka vids. Where the aim was to get the maximum number of hits. Of course, my efforts will be made to look rubbish when stun combos are worked out with those characters (could only get a counter hit one with juri and didn't want to include it).

I like the idea of getting one character and having a 'see how many hits you can get' competition, lol. Maybe it's possible to get a rose interrupted sonic boom, then close the gap with a slide while remaining charged? Plus possibly an extra hit after one or 2 of those EX sonic booms.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha i was just kidding about Dee Jay, but i'm down to give it a shot today or tomorrow.
desk

Post by desk »

Someone else put the vid up so I went the 'report to youtube' route this time. It took ages for them to take it down and, because I was scared of how official it looked, I used my real name. Now when you click on the vid it says that I, personally am responsible for the vid not being there. Not sure how comfortable I am with that, lol. Plus there were a bunch of options when filling out the form but I couldn't choose both, 'I own the soundtrack copyright' and 'someone just reuploaded my vid' which was annoying.

If I get back early enough today, I should have a new vid up tonight. Get hype!!! :lol: :lol:

Maj, did you spend any time with deejay or are you still mega busy with other stuff? New vid is boss by the way, the 3-hit pre throw set up was sweet. I think your assessment of the mechanics (in your notes) is definitely true.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

desk wrote:Someone else put the vid up so I went the 'report to youtube' route this time. It took ages for them to take it down and, because I was scared of how official it looked, I used my real name. Now when you click on the vid it says that I, personally am responsible for the vid not being there. .
wooooooow. And I bet if you ever got uncomfortable enough to try and have them change it, it would take another forever... if ever.

But hey, you're a rock star, guess you better get use to your business being on display.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
desk

Post by desk »

Haha, I'm so a rock star!

New vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jKW3ad-ZQ

Managed to get a super to cause unblockableness. Also, a few guard crushes with akuma and some sillyness with chun's U1. Really amazed no one thoroughly tested unblockables after they were discovered.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I knew unblockable with supers work, but at SRK they didn't belive meI'm just not cool enough to belive i think.
Great discovery with chun, heck ,amzing vid overall.You never dissapoint desk. :D
Last edited by Smileymike101 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Smileymike101 wrote:I new unblockable with supers work, but at SRK they didn't belive meI'm just not cool enough to belive i think.
Great discovery with chun, heck ,amzing vid overall.You never dissapoint desk. :D
Doesn't work with every super, Seth's for example.

Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Sooooooo is this something that will break this game in Vs?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

nope. It's still avoidabe, so it's basically like a grab with a higher damage output (in some cases).

Maj

Post by Maj »

Desk on SRK wrote:New vid preview. Shows Fei's loop against several characters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH51wcaBvtA
Damn dude, i'm hella impressed you found (and executed!) that. That's two 1-frame windows per rep, and you pulled it off against thousands of characters? Daaaang. I got it working against T.Hawk but i didn't want to scare off all the new players so i only told s-kill about it. The patch is right around the corner though so i guess it's alright now. Haha it's pretty funny how you transition into it with a close-up of Juri's face before it gets punched.

edit: Oh i see, 2P Fei Long in Training Mode. So you recorded it once then played it back while switching characters? Very clever sir. That one midscreen Seth combo where you dash under T.Hawk is badass too.
desk

Post by desk »

Is it actually a 1-frame window? For some reason it feels easier after the first chicken wing. I can get 3 or 4 reps out of it, plus against sagat you can start it off with st. strong, fierce CW (that doesn't require any stupid timing). For transitional purposes I did use the playback feature, it only ever shows 1 or 2 reps though so I'll allow it, haha.

Probably going to include a proper combo using it in the full vid, no idea how to make I'll make it interesting though.

You know in the patch write up capcom did about the infinite, they never actually mention juri? I'm pretty sure it has been common knowledge in japan for ages.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I think the main deterrent Capcom implemented was positioning the chicken wing hitbox in a way that everyone leaned away from it after getting hit by Fei Long's s.HP, so normally that first chicken wing hit just whiffs against everyone (except Juri). But what you can do is delay the s.HP cancel until the very last frame, which is like one frame after impact freeze, which allows them time to recover from that dramatic lean and get back into position to get hit by chicken wing.

I happened to find out about this one or two days after i posted the video against Juri. My thinking was, if i was the only person who knew about it, then it wasn't worth making the game look bad. I mean if it was hidden well enough that only one person could find it, then why shine a spotlight on it? But if someone else found it independently, then it would be fair game. Not sure if that makes sense or not, but anyhow that was my take on the situation.

As for Japan, at this point i couldn't care less what they do or know or think. I'm pretty tired of constantly reaching out to them and nothing substantial ever developing out of it. If they still want to ignore us all, let 'em. There's no reason it should still be this hard to find out what's going on over there.
desk

Post by desk »

Cool, you have a much broader and community aware view than me. I've been annoyed by too many people to want to do anything other than make stuff look broken, lol.

Amazed you found it so quickly dude, I know loads of people were trying it against every character and no one stumbled across it. Looks like it'll be gone with the patch though so it's not going to have much impact (plus it's hella impractical anyway).

Sounds like you're a bit disillusioned with japanese players? Is that just from trying to collaborate with some people? Recently I've found that being able to read (some) japanese opens up a whole world of info. There are write ups on stuff that we don't find out about until months later. Simply because they don't seem to make vids (at least anywhere you could find them) and I guess they have no reason to post on SRK or whatever. That's not to say they're leading the way though, not by any stretch of the imagination. Your TACV series has been leading the way for character combo exploration and I can't see that chaging any time soon.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I don't know about disillusioned, but over it for sure. I'll still try to keep in touch with the two or three Japanese players i communicate with, but other than that it seems like a waste of time. I've been trying to reach out to them ever since CvS2 days and yet our whole paradigm hasn't changed one bit. It's still "bug them about random shit on their BBS, get half-assed confusing answer, repeat."

To this day the only person to ever tell me about a video they had just released is rKf with his fifth 3S combovid. It shouldn't be this hard. Why are we always seeking them out? Why's there no reciprocity?

Btw i love how reciprocity, reciprocality, and reciprocation are all synonyms. Why do we need all three? That's awesome/awesomesque/awesomous.
error1

Post by error1 »

Maj wrote: Btw i love how reciprocity, reciprocality, and reciprocation are all synonyms. Why do we need all three? That's awesome/awesomesque/awesomous.
they don't mean the exact same things tho
reciprocity = a reciprocal relationship
reciprocality = state of being reciprocal
reciprocation = The act of reciprocating

Have you ever tried inviting any of the Japaneses to this forum? I don't think the language barrier would be that bad so long as you don't use words like reciprocality
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah i've asked a few but it hasn't gone anywhere. Let's see - bas, desora, i think joo was asked at some point, and couple of others. The only one who even bothered to register was rkf and he hasn't posted once.
onReload

Post by onReload »

stuff gets posted in nicodouga, but i don't really check their often enough as i don't quite understand the site layout...i should, as so much of the stuff i end up favoriting on youtube is from there or in the style of...but yeah a lot of it is BBS stuff and it's hard to google in japanese, in my experience; when xenozip was trying to figure out that samurai shodown thing, or when someone on 2df told me "buppa yamete" [stop doing "buppa"], i don't know if googling kanji/kana groups them all together as compound words/ideas, also if google recognizes that things can be written as all kanji, all hiragana, all katakana, or a mixture of the three...PLUS english letters, but in a different encoding...so sometimes, i'd hear a lyric in a song (or i try to find quote lists from videogames/manga) and even if i can hear and recognize the word, if i don't know how someone typed it on a web page, i can't find it...

and we all love to play with text/language so i'm not blaming them, i'm just saying that it seems to me you really have to be "in the know" for all the japanese page navigation. as for japanese players not keeping in contact, well...that may be a cultural thing. it would still piss me off, for sure.