SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

video previews, releases, and feedback
error1

Re: SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

Post by error1 »

no Blanka should definitely be next since you're on a roll, plus he would make the quickest tacv yet as he has no combos. Or at least Chun li because she has two Infinites.
at 10% reduction you would gain 28 stun per rep.
if you do
counterhit far s.HP, F+MK xx dash forward, s.HP (one hit) xx HP rekka FADC , (250+100+80+35)
If you manage 465 stun before you start it then it would take around 16 loops (80 hits) or about 28 seconds before she is dizzy and your only going to gain 1 meter in that time.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Only one meter? That sucks.

Here's another thing that sucks. I was looking forward to doing a post-KO combo with Abel where i kill them with s.LP (crumple stun), then launch them with c.HP (one hit knockdown followed by second hit connecting through post-KO free juggle state) which should theoretically put them into another free juggle state. But by then your input timer is on the verge of expiring so you can't wait for c.HP to recover.

The only thing you can cancel into after KO is EX Focus Attack and what sucks is, c.HP xx EX Focus Attack whiffs unless you hold the Focus Attack until about lvl2 charge. Which you can't do cuz the game starts ignoring your inputs and releases the Focus Attack too soon. I hope i can find a way around this cuz landing four hits after KO would be a dope combo.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Try doing s.MK (KO) xx falling sky or something, might work.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hm, do you think that would be worth it? It's only one hit after KO and he already has ways of comboing into that move.
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

That's Maj's polite way of saying, "Your combo is bad and you should feel bad!"
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Maj

Post by Maj »

Youuu dirty instigator! That's not what i said at all! What is this? First you're my friend, now you turn a 360 on me!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

maybe 349563405630 infinites hit, TT after KO? XD

Maj

Post by Maj »

So i was thinking of beginning with a ghetto 2-hit combo starting from full screen away:
Abel lvl3 Focus Attack vs Sim c.LP, Abel reversal whiff rekka -> whiff second -> kick grab

Does anyone remember seeing that in a video already? I just looked through a bunch of Abel combovids and couldn't find anything like it but it's a little hard to believe that nobody's tried it yet.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

So you can combo into the 3rd hit? Gotta try that shit XD

Maj

Post by Maj »

Also, why the fuck does everyone do c.HP xx LK roll, upgrab or super? Crossup HK roll is way more stylish.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

It's also harder to time. And I can't pull that combo into 3rd hit off, please inlude it ;_; XD

Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah it's harder than the usual FA trades because Dhalsim's c.LP reaches out as a vulnerable hitbox before it becomes an active hitbox. So you have to use distance to make it work. Dhalsim has to do c.LP early to place his fist in front of Abel, then Abel's Focus Attack has to be spaced correctly so his shoulder advances into the punch. If you don't start slightly out of range then Abel wins cleanly every time.

The funny thing is, i programmed the first part of that combo up to the first rekka and then mashed out the rest and it worked on the first try. Then it took me twenty more minutes to program the rest.

It was the same with Cammy's last combo. I could get that EX Focus Attack every time simply by mashing MP+MK. But finding the right ppad frame timing took over an hour. Well, at least i have the script written down now.

In case i ever need to rerecord that combo.

After an evil sorcerer turns my hands to stone.
error1

Post by error1 »

It a shame you still have to use those archaic programmable controllers on a borrowed system. What are your PC specs? Is it just a good video card your lacking or is it a memory/cpu issue.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Honestly i don't even know. I have a desktop i use for capturing/editing and a laptop i use for everything else. The laptop is newish but the desktop is over three years old now. I installed SF4 on my laptop to take those screenshots because at this point it's clearly the better system, but it has an integrated video card so there's no hope of upgrading that. The desktop would cost too much to upgrade.

Desktop: Dell Dimension DXP061 / Intel Core2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz / 1GB RAM
Laptop: Toshiba Satelite E105 / Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz / 4GB RAM

Couldn't even tell you the video card details except that i remember going with whatever option was cheapest since i knew i wasn't gonna use them for PC gaming, apart from emu stuff which wouldn't be a problem. The desktop has an NVidia something-or-other and the laptop has an Intel something-or-other.

It's okay though. I prefer console for non-emulated games. Plus i'm used to taking the inconvenient route. The only downside is i'll never match the video quality of your clips but i can't really complain about the quality i've been getting so it's all good. And u2b blur is the great equalizer anyway.
error1

Post by error1 »

no hope then, replacing a video card in a laptop is very not trivial but yours is probably on-board and wouldn't have a place to put a new one.
I have a very good but two year old desktop and I have to close firefox to record sf4 at 1280x720 ( I blame a lot of that on vista tho ). Recording takes many times more resources then just playing normally but if you recorded it at 3fps then you could always play it back at the proper speed, just without sound.
Maj

Post by Maj »

You know what would make Abel a lot more interesting? If he could cancel all his non-throw specials into super. Cuz you can trade with upgrab and even his last punch rekka. But since he can't cancel either of those into super, i gotta use another Rose setup to interrupt them mid-combo. The rekka one won't work at all (not enough hitstun) but maybe the upgrab will.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Super can't juggle, so I don't think that will work.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Holy shit, i figured out how we can determine whether something is a throw or an unblockable hit. Set Counter Hit to ON in the Training Options menu, then test the move without anything before it. Hits will trigger the "Counter Hit" message but throws won't.

All air throws are true throws.
Abel's command grab is a true throw. Upgrab is a hit. Both rekka finishers are hits, but the kick finisher is unblockable.
Honda's command grab is a true throw.
All of Zangief's grabs are true throws.
Gen's kick super and ultra are hits.
Vega's regular wall dive grab is a true throw but his EX wall dive grab is an unblockable hit.
El Fuerte's run HP grab, backwards run HP grab, wall jump HP grab, and ultra are all true throws. Upgrab is a hit.
Rufus' EX spin vacuum is a blockable hit.
Cammy's Hooligan is a true throw.
Fei Long's command grab is a true throw.
Seth's command grab is a true throw. Seth's vacuums are weird! Seems like EX vacuum is a simple hit but regular vacuum is a blockable throw.
Akuma's demon flip grab and his super/ultra demons are all true throws.
Gouken's demon flip grab is a true throw.

Did i miss anything?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I know Roses AA grab is a true throw, because you can't even juggle into it from a reflected Gouken fireball. But can't you just block Abels low rekka grab low? The main reason that there's hit or true throw (other than that they might be blockable, obviously) is that hit throws can be juggled into. This is true for Seths Tandens as well.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Yup, but it's pretty much impossible to test some of this stuff directly. Like how would you test whether Abel's upgrab is blockable?

Too bad about Rose. Both her regular and EX upgrabs are true throws. I didn't know Abel's last kick rekka was blockable. Then again, i didn't know the last punch rekka was an overhead so i guess that kinda makes sense.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Yup, but it's pretty much impossible to test some of this stuff directly. Like how would you test whether Abel's upgrab is blockable?

Too bad about Rose. Both her regular and EX upgrabs are true throws. I didn't know Abel's last kick rekka was blockable. Then again, i didn't know the last punch rekka was an overhead so i guess that kinda makes sense.
My two bits are that it makes sense for Abel's Falling Sky to be a hit, 'cause in Street Fighter IV Dumbassery on YouTube, he does it to Seth's j.HP, and somehow grabs him from his extended limbs.

The other bit is that I don't know if you already knew that Abel's Second Low is super cancelable - I forget if I found that out in the Trials or a combo vid or something, in which case I'm sure you already knew - still, if it somehow could juggle, that would make for a very stylish finisher (some kind of launch combo/trade, whiff first hit of Change of Direction, juggle Second Low xx Heartless)

I'll test what I can with it, but I'm not sure who this would be easiest on, or how to 100% test if something will juggle (especially when it's a sweep type move)

edit: Can't figure out a good setup to test the above, but I did find something weird: setting the dummy Blanka to block all (which includes high/mid/low moves of course), and jump, somehow I got him with the Finish Low portion of his CoD. I guess it juggles, as it's a low-blockable hit (he's been blocking my Second Low attempts).

moron edit: I just hit him with the start of CoD as he was waking up and then I remembered that dummies get hit while jumping as I guess the prejump frames render them unable to block. So disregard the above. :|
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

onReload wrote:The other bit is that I don't know if you already knew that Abel's Second Low is super cancelable - I forget if I found that out in the Trials or a combo vid or something, in which case I'm sure you already knew - still, if it somehow could juggle, that would make for a very stylish finisher (some kind of launch combo/trade, whiff first hit of Change of Direction, juggle Second Low xx Heartless)

I'll test what I can with it, but I'm not sure who this would be easiest on, or how to 100% test if something will juggle (especially when it's a sweep type move)
2nd low FADC EX Falling sky/Ultra. Is this the video you got it from? :3

Maj

Post by Maj »

You can make HP rekka -> kick rekka combo if you do counterhit meaty on the first one. But that's a three move combo in a video that's already gonna have a two-hit combo. Worth showing?

You can link other stuff after counterhit meaty rekka too. The "other stuff" does tend to get repetitive though. His link options kinda suck.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

CH CoD xx lvl.2 FA :3

Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah, i've seen that in a couple of videos, but then he's only got half meter and can't do anything. I might include the ghetto three move combo because i probably won't include the super in this video otherwise.

And the advantage to the meaty link is that i can do a combo with four CoD's: meaty CoD, blah xx CoD FADC, blah xx CoD FADC, blah xx CoD.

The annoying thing is he can only do one cool thing per combo because everything else is standard and runs on rails.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:You can make HP rekka -> kick rekka combo if you do counterhit meaty on the first one. But that's a three move combo in a video that's already gonna have a two-hit combo. Worth showing?
Yeah I'm an idiot and totally forgot it was in Doopliss' combovid. Yeah, if it's only startable from a counter cr.HP then it won't be a very long combo.
Last edited by onReload on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Super can't juggle, 2nd low only connects after AA c.HP or lvl 3 FA.

onReload

Post by onReload »

Ah, shit, I figured it would since it's a blockable contact super. What a bunch of craaap.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I love (aka hate) how meaty close s.HK only gives you enough frame advantage (+5) to link into garbage (c.LP, far s.LK, far s.MP) - nothing that combos into rekkas. Counterhit meaty close s.HK gives you +8 but that closes off the combo from the front. Far s.MP is super-cancelable but of course it doesn't connect at max range.

edit: Nevermind, crisis averted.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I don't understand this at all. Counterhit meaty HP rekka links to close s.LP and close s.HP but not anything one frame slower. If you remove the counterhit from the equation, it still works. So i went back and tried my counterhit meaty HP rekka -> kick rekka combo and it only works on counterhit. What the hell Abel?