Weird Alpha 2/3 thing? glitch?

talk about how great training mode is
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Was it called Magic Series in COTA officially? I could have sworn it was a term that Tom Cannon coined on agsf2 when the game first came out. I used it in my COTA Combo FAQ long ago and credited it to him, I believe.

There are definitely many many many different types of Chains even within just the Capcom games... IMO, much more than just three types. And since the Chain Combos all follow such drastically different rules between games, I think it's safer to just call them all generically Chain Combos. You can then go into more detail by calling them Magic Series (for COTA), Target Combos (for Third Strike), Rapid Fire Weak Attacks, differentiate between Guy's specific Chains and Gen's flexible Chains, etc. etc. There's just too many random Chains out there, like Hibiki's close-up HP in CvS2 which can chain into a second slash on whiff or hit if you hold HP down.

And yeah, Guilty Gear is super specific. It's basically pretty arbitrary as to what Chains into what. The creators of the game simply sat down and just decided what they thought was too powerful and potent and what would be good for Chain Combos. I mean, in between revisions, they change the allowable Chains for characters all the time.

And I still think the oddest chain in Third Strike is Ibuki's Far Stand Strong into Stand Short. Where did they come up with that one?

- James
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

The really weird thing about Ibuki's toward+LK is that it chains into itself and is -1/-1/-1
But her far strong chained into toward+LK is +2/+3/+4 and the kick does not chain into itself
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.