New Content on Sonic Hurricane

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: New Content on Sonic Hurricane

Post by Maj »

jchensor and NKI: In one of my footsies articles, i linked to your Evo2k3 trailer and your ST Shenanigans video on u2b. But i had to link to random uploaded versions since neither was on your personal accounts. If you guys want me to change the links at any point in the future, please let me know.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Which trailer? The Evo2k3 trailer has no footage in it. Plus, I didn't made DVD Trailers until 2005.

- James
Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh okay, nevermind then. Guess it was made by one of the other SRK staff members. I linked to a segment of the Soo vs Justin exhibition match in the Evo2k3 DVD trailer since there's no legit version of those matches anywhere. I'm trying to avoid linking Evo footage not hosted on official SRK accounts.
Maj

Post by Maj »

In case anyone's wondering about that SRK logo on the sidebar, Kineda emailed me yesterday to tell me he was going to add my site as an "honorary member for the SRK blog network." He told me to add that SRK Network Member icon above the fold. Here's the explanation behind it:
Kineda wrote:Every week feature a SRK post roundup using news exclusively from the blog network. All articles will be hand picked, but you are free to pitch us at any time. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.
I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet, and that badge looks kinda ugly, but SRK always has the benefit of the doubt as far as i'm concerned.
Maj

Post by Maj »

What the fuck was i thinking posting this damn thing? I don't want to talk about it at all. I'd be happy if nobody commented on it whatsoever. Never dreaded discussing an article before.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Oh man, and I just noticed it was added on the weekly news segment on srk. well, Maj, you've earned a lot of respect, so it's still better for you fans to understand more of these games, than other games, am I right?! lol. I'm proud of you bro.
Making no profit since 1987...
Maj

Post by Maj »

The SRK thing is updated on Sundays so they always use the last strategy article i posted the day before. Anyway the only reason i posted this is because i liked some of the examples, but the article itself wasn't that great - mainly because i couldn't motivate myself to walk into a serious argument with Sirlin and his bizarre fanbase.

But really though, i wrote both of these "AaaA" essays three years ago and the main reason i posted the Sirlin one was so the s-kill one wouldn't be the only one. I'd rather get it out of the way now than have to worry about it later.

This weekend i'll try to repost it as a straightforward strategy article without the Sirlin babble.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

What happened to Pre-Crisis Seth's articles being posted on Sunday? I liked em, much better than what color tshirt daigo wears-type news. I feel that your gonna be alone in posting new content of quality on SRK. Not a lotta other guys write or do anything.
onReload

Post by onReload »

I hope everybody looooves that unnecessary number crunch I did in the "Ode to the 2-Hit Combo" comments.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Been meaning to write this for a while and Mike Z finally motivated me to do it:

Training Mode Design for ComboVid Makers

If i left anything out, please post it in the comments (in case someone in position to implement any of this happens to stumble onto that page).
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Nice one, Maj. Could add some extra stuff regarding the stage select since some combos or set ups require certain stages (this is quintessential in high level combos in Tekken) and using the position reset option that Tekken has (which allows you to return to the place your combo started).

It's also important to turn off the BGM when you are recording, this is mostly for CMV aesthetics since we all hate having two tracks overlapped into each other and make an annoying cacophony of sounds.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Alright so i had a new SSF4 challenge penciled in for today, but i can't remember which one you guys wanted me to do. I believe these are the most recent candidates. That discussion continues on for about two pages, but it's been so long that i figured it was worth asking again.

Incidentally, here's my tenative schedule for January:

SSF4 Combo Challenge 02 / 01.05.2011
Upload Evo Guile HQ / 01.11.2011
SF4 Balrog TACV / 01.18.2011
Hilariously late 5k subs video / 01.25.2011
error1

Post by error1 »

so if it's a ssf4 combo challenge can I do a sf4 combo if it hasn't changed
Maj

Post by Maj »

Last time, no. It was a recycled challenge, so we had to make it interesting somehow. This time it's a whole new challenge, so i don't care.

Btw i'm leaning towards the "all four versions of a move" suggestion. I'll try to get it done by tonight.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Oh my, sounds very exciting! Oh, and I was gonna tell you about a combo video I'm working on. It's essentially a video where I land a taunt within a combo, without the use of Focus Attack crumbles. So far I have 6 recorded, but I'm aiming for at least 10. It'll then turn into a combo challenge, and the winner will get a ssf4 prima guide and idk what else I can come up with as prize. But I'm super excited about it!
Making no profit since 1987...
error1

Post by error1 »

I think chun can do a combo with all 4 versions of 3 special moves, that would be quite a bit of work tho, and hazanshu is not one of them
onReload

Post by onReload »

Kikouken I can see, I guess Hyakuretsukyaku, but what about SBK?
Maj

Post by Maj »

I think he means via dizzy. I was gonna make Hard Mode into "no dizzies" actually.

Still trying to get this done before i go to sleep, but this ghetto bonus combo is taking a lot longer than i expected.

edit: Fuck it, not worth staying up until 6am. I'll finish this later.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote: Btw i'm leaning towards the "all four versions of a move" suggestion. I'll try to get it done by tonight.
Dibs on all four El Fuerte Runs :wink:
error1

Post by error1 »

onReload wrote:Kikouken I can see, I guess Hyakuretsukyaku, but what about SBK?
Yah dizzy, it would be something like lp fireball, fireball loop ending in hk sbk to dizzy, start with a meaty mk sbk, get a meaty lp sbk mid combo somehow, some legs loops, end with ex legs into ex sbk.
Not sure if there is a dummy you can do all that on but seth should come close.

I call dibs on blanka, em.. wait I guess I'll dibs sakura's shooken
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

F dibbs.I'll go random.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I think I could combo all 4 tanden engines in one combo, gonna give it a try.

EDIT: Nope, bacause only LP tanden works after FA ;_;
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:I think I could combo all 4 tanden engines in one combo, gonna give it a try.

EDIT: Nope, bacause only LP tanden works after FA ;_;

EX does to!

HP Tandem -> some random combo to stun seth utilizing EX & LP Tandem -> then MP Tandem -> whatever

As you can see i researched this thoroughly :P
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Yes I knew that, but the problem is that you can't use MP or HP tanden, the only way to combo into them is after stun or with lvl.3 FA. And hard mode = no stun. Recorded a combo with stun though.

I'm currently working on a air fireball one for Akuma, I think I've found one that will work, at least every single part of it does, so I doubt the entire thing won't.

Maj

Post by Maj »

What happens if you kill someone with c.LP xx MP Tanden Engine? Does he just vacuum them in and then they fall over like Mortal Kombat?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

The suction makes them fall over, looks kind of weird. Maybe you can juggle with a sonic boom after it? Also, wonder if you can juggle with SB if you KO someone with Hyakuretsukyaku.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Since we're having this discussion, i actually planned on doing something weird with the Seth TACV. I'm not particularly attached to the character and never been interested enough to really experiment with him (apart from finding/optimizing dummy setups).

So instead of thinking of stuff myself, i was just gonna ask people for random junk they'd like me to try with program pads. It'll definitely be more work for me than if i do everything in solitude, but i figure, what the hell, why not? Could be interesting.

Anyway we'll see after i get Balrog/Dan/Sagat out of the way.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Well, I already posted a few things I wanted to see above. Another thing:

Hit opponent with only last hit of super (or hit a grounded opponent), hit Seth out of recovery, juggle.

onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:What happens if you kill someone with c.LP xx MP Tanden Engine? Does he just vacuum them in and then they fall over like Mortal Kombat?
i have always hated this about the series and never understood why they never fixed it...and it seems like the new MK is going to have the same damn thing. fools!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hey so would anyone mind if i gathered all of my own individual SFB clips and posted it as a "thanks for 5k subs" video?

A lot of my clips were cut to suit the pace of the composition - which is totally fine, because it turned out great. But a lot of cool material fell by the wayside too. So i just want to show my clips in full, like some of you guys posted as video responses.

Originally what i had in mind was a "Deleted and Extended Scenes" compilation, leaving out the stuff that already appears in full. Except looking at it now, only about 5-7 of my clips weren't shortened in some way or another. So i'm thinking, fuck it, throw 'em all in there.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is that i was trying to avoid revealing exactly who contributed what, because i kind of feel like that takes away from the collective aspect of the whole collaboration? But i don't know how to avoid that ... so i hope it doesn't bother anybody.

If it does, i'm totally open to suggestions. I probably won't get this done until Tuesday at the earliest anyway (and probably release it on Thursday/Friday). And this is only for SFB. I don't intend to do one for style v.one.