SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

video previews, releases, and feedback
SlimX

Re: SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

Post by SlimX »

Dude, Maj, duuuuuuude. Super canceling his second fireball so he hits his reflected first fireball . . dude. Duuuuuude.

Dude.
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha thanks dude.

There were two combos that i didn't get around to figuring out. Rose can do s.HK, c.LP -> c.LK, c.MP xx LK drill against several wide characters and using EX drill against most everyone else. She can do s.HK, c.LP -> c.LK, c.MP xx EX FB against El Fuerte, which splits the EX fireball hits far enough apart to give her some frame advantage, but not enough to combo F+HK. Anyway those links look cool and it would've been nice to find a home for them but the numbers never worked out. Not enough dizzy or not enough meter or both.

The other one is (theoretically) EX reflect against Dhalism's EX fireball from almost full screen away, as Sim whiffs s.HP which gets hit by the EX reflect which knocks him into the reflected EX fireball. Then all you can do is super, so the meter situation doesn't work out.

Alternatively you can use HP reflect which is even better because it launches them way high, but unfortunately normal reflects don't work against EX fireballs. Only like two normal fireballs in the game juggle: Sagat's low and Akuma's red. Neither has anything remotely as useful as Sim's s.HP for getting hit full screen away. But if it this did work, Rose would probably have enough time to Taunt before HP super.

Oh yeah, and i had this crazy idea to throw an EX fireball then absorb two Akuma fireballs with LP reflect and cancel the second one into super to juggle after the EX fireball connects. Whiffing LP reflect gives you 20 meter points and absorbing a fireball gives you 100. So two of them are 120 each which is 240. One bar of super meter costs 250. But don't be too sad - EX fireball is probably way too damn fast for this to work anyway.

Note to self: If there's ever a reason to rerecord old combos, set up El Fuerte's five-Focus combo and Ken's Hurricane Kick combo to KO on the last hit. Add EX upgrab to Fuerte's combo; or better yet super since there aren't too many opportunities to end a combo with full meter. Add c.HK to Ken's combo. Also try killing someone with a normal move after Dhalsim's super, then try juggling with j.D+HP drill. If it works, once or twice is enough.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

That was a brilliant TACVMaj, looking forward to the transcript

Is that Sagat Combo a LP ->MP ->HP (Ground) Tiger shots? amazed that connected so fluently. As well as the comboagainst Gouken.

You are creative as hell, i honestly didn't think you'd cop much with Rose tbh, proved me wrong.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yup, the combo against Sagat uses LP-MK-HP Tiger Shots. Knowing that it's possible with reflections, then Sagat himself must be pretty close to making that work, right?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I was kinda surprised not to see EX Spark FADC Ultra, but I guess it's been done.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Xenozip. wrote:I was kinda surprised not to see EX Spark FADC Ultra, but I guess it's been done.
I've never been able to pull that off. It annoys me to no end.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's pretty hard to make that interesting, especially considering that it leaves her with one bar of meter which is useless to her. Two of her specials are knockdowns, one is an air throw, and her EX fireball is -2 and moves way too fast to be useful as a setup.

What would the combo be? Trade EX fireball with someone's jab, then s.MP, c.MP xx EX FB xx FADC, ultra? You can't even add a reflected fireball to that because you can't do EX fireball until the reflected one disappears which means you can't trade anymore.

I guess maybe you could trade EX fireball with Akuma's crossup air FB so you could start with c.MK xx EX FB or something, but still seems basic. If it's just to combo into ultra, honestly i don't even like how most of her ultra looks anyway. Only the startup and ending are cool, there's too much lame inbetween.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Btw, I managed to do that thing today, Roses hard 5 without FAing the opponent. Felt nice. (Also did Gen hard 5 and Abel Hard 5 the right way, I used turbo and the pause trick the other times)

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Well yeah, the limited meter limits the combo, because Rose is limited. Like the LP Spark setup would be chase it j.HK HK (sparkhits) HP-Spark MP c.MP EX-Spark FADC Ultra
(or c.LK c.LP c.LK c.MP EX-Spark FADC Ultra after the HP-Spark). You end up not using a bar but then you end up using Ultra ender. Too bad (HAH) she can't do it off a regular Spark.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:Btw, I managed to do that thing today, Roses hard 5 without FAing the opponent. Felt nice. (Also did Gen hard 5 and Abel Hard 5 the right way, I used turbo and the pause trick the other times)

Turbo & Pause Trick?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Pokey86 wrote:
Doopliss wrote:Btw, I managed to do that thing today, Roses hard 5 without FAing the opponent. Felt nice. (Also did Gen hard 5 and Abel Hard 5 the right way, I used turbo and the pause trick the other times)

Turbo & Pause Trick?
I used to use turbo to pull of Gens s.MP xx 100 hands xx super, but now I just did s.MP -> 100 hands xx super normally.

The pause trick is pausing, holding an input, unpausing, then the input will be executed. It's like a bootleg progammable controller. You usually do it to complete tight cancels (luckily, I haven't needed that in like 6 months), but I figured out which frame to pause on and hold HP, so that Abel does f.MK xx dash -> s.HP: http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee20 ... n-0002.jpg

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

^^That imroves it, i don't see how it would :P is it like a ghetto version of plinking (Pressing a button multiple times in a small amount of frames)^^

I'll confess i couldn't cancel hands quick enough after the combo efficiently enough to get the combo down, so i just did:

Hands -> MK -> Super

Which i found incrediblyeasy, still do as it goes. When i play random that is my super hit confirm when i play as gen, but all told i suck with gen :P & it's really funny Abels final was one of the last 3 i could do, but now i can do it in a considerably smallamount of time now. Not brilliant though.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Abels hard 5 was my last one. I did it twice yesterday, though. I'm just a better player now XD

Maj

Post by Maj »

Abel's 5th was the last one i did, but Fei Long's were very difficult for me and i remember having trouble with Cammy's too. With Fei Long, no matter what i did, i just couldn't get the timing for linking after chicken wing. For some reason it felt like the most foreign thing in the world to me. Ken's was difficult too but at least i like Shotos so i never got frustrated.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I found a way to make Kens hard 4 and 5 rediculously easy. I'm gonna post a video with some easier solutions to some problematic trials later.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Ex tiger uppercut to ultra in Sagat's 5 anoyed me, because i cant EX TU ultra for shit.So i just FADC F.HK'ed it.Yeah you heard me.Using FADC F.HK-ing like a verb since 2010.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I just did EX TU -> Super -> ultra :3 Abuse that refilling meter.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

^^I did that with ken,abuse that overly fast refill^^
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Pokey86 wrote:^^I did that with ken,abuse that overly fast refill^^
How did you do that? Can't think of a useful way.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Actual combo is for challenge 4:

J.HP/K (don't remember) -> Cr.LP -> Cr.HP -> HP SRK -> FADC -> MP SRK -> Ultra

Now in the old days i had alot of trouble with cancelling HP to HP SRK because of the LP link before it, i had no idea of shortcuts, & still to this day find them rther awkward (Bare in mind i play pad) so instead of that i did

J.HP/K (don't remember) -> Cr.LP -> Cr.HP -> Fireball -> FADC -> HP SRK -> FADC -> MP SRK -> Ultra

Which made the the combo - overall - easier for me.

As for Challenge 5:

J.HP/K (don't remember) -> Cr.LP -> Cr.MP -> HP SRK -> FADC -> EX Tatsu -> Ultra

to - J.HP/K (don't remember) -> Cr.LP -> Cr.MP -> Hadouken -> FADC -> HP SRK -> FADC -> EX Tatsu -> Ultra

As for this, it's the same logic for problem & solution, only you use 5 ex bars, the meter recovers just in time to let the EX Tatsu hit.

---

Looking back i had quite a few work-arounds in trial mode for several characters, i did consider making a video at one point but found some to be a bit, kinda-maybe easier or harder whatever way you look at it.

Ex tiger uppercut to ultra in Sagat's 5 anoyed me, because i cant EX TU ultra for shit.So i just FADC F.HK'ed it.Yeah you heard me.Using FADC F.HK-ing like a verb since 2010.
To this day i have never been capable of pulling that off on Seth, is it even possible?

---

Sorry for de-railing the thread Maj
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I just use an s.LP between c.LP and c.M/HP, makes it so much easier. And I'm working on a Trial help video, so don't go stealing my idea XD

Maj

Post by Maj »

Pokey86 wrote:Sorry for de-railing the thread Maj
No worries dude, as long as we're still talking about SF4, i don't consider it derailing.

Speaking of which, i almost forgot to mention i found this really weird thing against Gouken. He can't be passively pushed at all while he's charging his fireball. Like walking forward, dashing into him, whatever - he doesn't budge. Just looks weird.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:I just use an s.LP between c.LP and c.M/HP, makes it so much easier. And I'm working on a Trial help video, so don't go stealing my idea XD
No worries i decided not to do it ages ago... You want all the tricks/shortcuts i know? I'll glady give you all the ones i remember, though it's been a while, i'll have to have a quick paruse through Trial to jog my memory. (Which i'm fine with :P)
Speaking of which, i almost forgot to mention i found this really weird thing against Gouken. He can't be passively pushed at all while he's charging his fireball. Like walking forward, dashing into him, whatever - he doesn't budge. Just looks weird.
Hmm, i never knew that, but then it's not something that springs to mind. Any useful applications? Does he still cuffer knock back when hit?
onReload

Post by onReload »

I have all of Dan's Hard Trials left, mainly because the first one, when executed improperly (which I certainly do) often makes Dan do his Hisshou Buraiken super, which takes forever, and I get tired of that really quickly.

When it's a difficult link or two, I can try that a hundred times in a row and not feel too frustrated, sometimes I can even see where I'm screwing up, but when that long (incorrect) super comes out, it's just ugh...I don't even want to bother with it.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Pokey86 wrote:
Doopliss wrote:I just use an s.LP between c.LP and c.M/HP, makes it so much easier. And I'm working on a Trial help video, so don't go stealing my idea XD
No worries i decided not to do it ages ago... You want all the tricks/shortcuts i know? I'll glady give you all the ones i remember, though it's been a while, i'll have to have a quick paruse through Trial to jog my memory. (Which i'm fine with :P)
Sure, I might have overlooked something big.

This is the stuff I have so far:

Gen normal 2/Hard 5: HK Gekiro timing after super.
Guile normal 4: flash kick xx Super input.
Ken hard trial 4/5: s.LP after c.LP
Akuma Hard 1: LK tatsu.
Sagat normal 1: fake kick
Sagat hard 2: c.LK xx Low tiger shot FADC x2, c.LK xx HP TU.
Sagat hard 5: c.LK xx Low tiger shot FADC c.MP xx EX TU -> Super (because you can't FADC if you FADC the LTS earlier) -> Ultra
Viper hard 5: wasting meter.
Dhalsim trials: Cheat with ultra
Ryu hard 2: Link or cancel super, examples.
Abel hard 5: Pause trick.
Sakura hard 1: c.MP xx Hadoken FADC LP SRK, MP SRK.
Sakura Hard 2: c.LK xx EX tatsu -> EX SRK.
onReload wrote:I have all of Dan's Hard Trials left, mainly because the first one, when executed improperly (which I certainly do) often makes Dan do his Hisshou Buraiken super, which takes forever, and I get tired of that really quickly.
Just bind a button to personal action and you should have no problem. I think I saw his bloody super around 200 times on hard trial 2 before I could FADC properly and didn't now how to buffer DPs from crouch moves, so I understand what you mean.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

For ryu normal trial 2, you can get all of his last 3 moves into one combo.When you reach the Do the Shoryuken part, do lp.srk ~ shinkuu ~ Ultra.It looks funny.Succes,Suc...Succes!
Raine

Post by Raine »

Damn I wish I saw these ideas for Ken trial 4 before I did it, that and Viper 5 were the only ones I got stuck on for a reasonable amount of time. It was incredibly frustrating because I could do all the parts of it easily, but when I put it together it always fell apart (usually getting a FA instead of FADC for some strange reason). That c.HP xx qcf+P FADC trick would've made it so simple for me.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

If anyone finds a way to make Elf Hard #4 and Viper Hard #3 easier I will call him GOD.With caps.I already finished them, but viper's one took me like a week, so did elf 4.At elf one, i was just doing the whole thing, although blocked, and then,a magical moment happened.Dan didnt block it!And viper's...ugh....I was screaming so hard of joy that my neighbours though i was insane or something.But now i ask people:"What did you achieve in life?I did Viper's Hard Trial 3.Yeah..."
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Yeah, i had major problems with hard trial 3, the first time i did it all i did was get up, i forgot the controller was connected & charging & i managed to pull out the power cord, so it kinda F'd up & i had to do it again (Eh, could been worse)

I also don't have a stick so i had to blister my hands doing that motion with a D-pad.

Viper trial 5 still seems harder to me though, i suck with cancelling Thunder knuckle in to a second HP.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Viper 3 is actually quite easy once you know how to do. I did it twice in a 2 minute time span yesterday. The trick is, if you get super, you're inputting the ultra too fast, if you do sj.HP, you're inputting it too slow. You don't have to have über-speedy hands, like I thought at first. just SJC the c.LP and you will see the timing.