SFEX3 combo video

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: SFEX3 combo video

Post by Maj »

Cool. You just hooked up a ppad to your PC or does zinc have tool-assistance features?
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

zinc does have a macro feature, though I had to make that two different macro strings.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

finally got around to recording the 2nd combo of the video. This time it seems that my ppad is working now... I'm not sure why it didn't before, but its like when I use it with the PS3, all faded and can't see anything but plugging it into my PS2 running EX2+ works fine as a beta.
again I'm using fraps since I don't have a good vga capture card :( so I've got the logo, maybe I'll go ahead and purchase fraps one of these days and rerecord the stuff before I upload the whole video...
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

wow, recorded the first excel sequence with zangief. program pad doesn't work with excels since the emulation doesn't stay at a constant 60fps, so when it dips briefly to 52-55fps it messes up the sequence and performs a button press too earily. so for half the combo I used zinc's macro feature but that has a limit so I again had to break the combo into 2 parts. first part excel via zinc macro, and the 2nd part via program pad.
error1

Post by error1 »

zinc emulates ex3? I didn't think it was released in arcades. If your talking about sfex2+ you're better off using pcsx-rr
onReload

Post by onReload »

ShinjiGohan wrote:zinc does have a macro feature, though I had to make that two different macro strings.
Which interface for Zinc do you use? It's awesome if it emulates EX3 (which I also thought was PS2-exclusive) and the versions of Zinc I've tried don't like to recognize controllers...
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

sorry for the confusion. zinc does not emulate EX3, pcsx2 does but AFAIK there is no macro feature and even my beefy computer can't run it at full speed. Guess pcsx2 really likes intel processors...

But no, I'm basically redoing this old ARIKA produced combo video to promote their arcade release for SFEX2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqmUcV4I584

I've slowly got the first 4 combos done, now I'm on blanka, his first one should be easy, but once it gets back to the excels then it'll be a pain again (which is like 90% of them lol).
Which interface for Zinc do you use? It's awesome if it emulates EX3 (which I also thought was PS2-exclusive) and the versions of Zinc I've tried don't like to recognize controllers...
I mainly use zincgui along with zinc trainer so I can get the combo just right before I actually record the combo (simulates training mode as it were). but I haven't had any problems with zinc with a gui/fe program to recognize my controllers. Eariler in the life of zinc I had to use joy2key since there wasn't a good controller interface yet.. or was that with impact the version before zinc came out... But either way, using my inpin with programmable controller works fine, as well as regular ps2 controllers and sticks. even the xbox TE stick works well IIRC.
error1

Post by error1 »

then zinc, fraps, macros, and ppads are the wrong way to do it. Do you even have a way to get rid of the bgm? psx-rr will save you a lot of time. http://code.google.com/p/pcsxrr/
If you don't like frame advance then dammit's excellent lua macro script is the way to go.

or is the arcade version different in some important way?
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Its arcade so no way of muting or lowering the level of the bgm.

but isn't pcsxrr a playstation emulator? ex2 was never put on psx only arcade. Its sequel EX2+ came out on psx so if I were to try an EX2+ combo video I can try that.

and it looks like the lua macro script isn't supported by any emulator that runs arcade EX2.

basically the excel system and character moves which I'm trying to recompose are different or don't exist in EX2+. Besides arcade looks nicer than the psx port lol
error1

Post by error1 »

yah you're right only ex2+. Looks like your stuck with ether zinc or Mame.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

got combo number 5 down.
heres all 5 so far, it look much better raw than compressed but its just a sampler of whats to come.

http://www.streetfighterex.info/sfex2/arikacombos1.avi
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

good think I didn't do that zangief combo for the zangief throw exhibition like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDtfVN7UlE8
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Wow! That zangief combo is awesome! After the first throw, the next punch is 100% safe?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Btw our Zangief Throw Exhibition crossed the 100k mark yesterday. And we both know it wouldn't've happened without Space Piledriver.

ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Tigre III wrote:Wow! That zangief combo is awesome! After the first throw, the next punch is 100% safe?
if you can land the bear hug, then yes its easy to time the c.mp afterward.

maj you know that the "Prepare yourself for mother russia" had a bit of influence, as well as SPDing the dragon/dinosaur
Maj

Post by Maj »

Ah yes, how could i forget CFE's only accomplishment? (Getting people to ask why i included Mugen in my Evo Ryu vid doesn't count as an accomplishment.)

You know what's crazy about that FAB is the last piledriver doesn't kill Hauzer initially. But somehow, for some reason, Gief does a pixel of extra damage when he lets go. It doesn't even register on the combo counter, but you can clearly see the KO explosion happen late. Jammin'!
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Ah yes, how could i forget CFE's only accomplishment? (Getting people to ask why i included Mugen in my Evo Ryu vid doesn't count as an accomplishment.)

You know what's crazy about that FAB is the last piledriver doesn't kill Hauzer initially. But somehow, for some reason, Gief does a pixel of extra damage when he lets go. It doesn't even register on the combo counter, but you can clearly see the KO explosion happen late. Jammin'!
1. which part do people think is mugen? maybe HSFZ?
2. i was wondering why the K.O. was so late, I thought it was just CFE being stupid. i like my FABs to end on a broken neck/crushed skull etc, not during the last moments of an embrace, thanks.
Maj

Post by Maj »

No way, a pink squid noone's seen before on a background noone's seen before is way more Mugen than air chains.
onReload

Post by onReload »

oh, right, yeah, the way you wrote that would indicate that it was CFE. I should learn to read one of these days.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Maj wrote:No way, a pink squid noone's seen before on a background noone's seen before is way more Mugen than air chains.
yeah, but at the same time those mugen character creators don't exactly create anything original. Everything they do is copying off of an actual games sprites.

Thus if its ever been in mugen then at one time it likely was from a real game.
onReload

Post by onReload »

ShinjiGohan wrote:
Maj wrote:No way, a pink squid noone's seen before on a background noone's seen before is way more Mugen than air chains.
yeah, but at the same time those mugen character creators don't exactly create anything original. Everything they do is copying off of an actual games sprites.

Thus if its ever been in mugen then at one time it likely was from a real game.
Well she was in another game - Red Earth. and CFE is like Capcom's MUGEN - characters from different games on an older Capcom game engine. MUGEN is more fun in my opinion.. :twisted:

but yeah I wanted to ask - was it impossible to remove the BGM from all of the EX games? I was sad to not hear EX Gief, but I understand if it's necessary.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

when I recorded those clips I forgot to cut out the BGM. Maj tried putting the new music over it but it didn't sound good so he muted everything and added the new music.

So console SFEX you can mute/really decrease volume of the bgm. but on arcade you can't, not from what I can tell anyway :(
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

according to mame coder R.Belmont the EX games BGM runs in a separate chip so it might be possible to mute the BGM but keep the sfx. and now that I recall there was a recording avi/inp option in mame, perhaps that'll work...
error1

Post by error1 »

http://www.solvalou.com/subpage/arcade_roms/S/sfex2
yah what happens if you remove ex2-01m from the zip? Cps2-3 games store the bgm and sfx on the same chips normally, I've tried removing the sound roms from them and it seems like it would work.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

I don't think it'd work in zinc since zinc is supposed to do a romcheck to make sure that legit roms are being played. but its worth a shot real quick.

<tested> yep, it won't work without the file. game won't even start. guess mame emulation would be the only way to do it with muted bgm. but I'll have to unlock all the characters again lol.
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

Unlock them with cheats.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Maj wrote:Ah yes, how could i forget CFE's only accomplishment? (Getting people to ask why i included Mugen in my Evo Ryu vid doesn't count as an accomplishment.)

You had mugen in your ryu combo vid?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Smileymike101 wrote:

You had mugen in your ryu combo vid?
No, he said people thought CFE was mugen. To be honest, I thought the same thing.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

I knew it was CFJ. Though I didn't buy it my brother did and returned it a week later lol.

I seriously think that only Jeron and Sanford actually liked that game... then again they like every fighting game.

On another note I found another ascii pad on japanese yahoo auctions and won it. Got it cheap too, only 200 yen... hoefully it isn't broken lol
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

well got a version of mame that I can unlock the characters on, fraps works with it, and I can turn off the BGM but keep the sfx. so I'll probably try to go ahead and buy a registered version of fraps so I don't get the water mark and try to redo the combos on the ppad, then record the inputs with mame and then record the playback with fraps... sounds like a jolly ole time lol