Interesting Combo/Glitch/Tutorial Videos

video previews, releases, and feedback
Dark_Chaotix

Re: Interesting Videos brought to You by the Internet

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Xenozip. wrote:I only dislike most 3D FG combos because I don't know if you can air control, tech, roll, or anything. I just assume you can't but then it wasn't until actually playing Soul Calibur that I realized 90% of the shit I'd seen for it was invalid because of air control.
You cant tech in the air in tekken. Once you hit the ground then tech become available. Even tho Namco make SC series, tekken is way better then that shitty series.

Reason why Mokujin is "ok" to do combos vids with is because he has better options when it comes to combos. What I mean by that is for example, mokujin has better reach then Panda / Kuma does so doing combo when he is imitating him, give you more combo ability. But thats about it really that make mokujin stand out. He isnt quicker / stronger etc then the normal cast.

He cant change character mid round, once the round end its goes to a different character. So in practicing you need to quit and relaunch practice to get another character.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:You cant tech in the air in tekken.
You know, I think 3D games are not so different from 2D games on a fundamental level. I never had an excuse as to why I'm so uneducated about 3D games other than they just don't appeal to me.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Xenozip. wrote:I only dislike most 3D FG combos because I don't know if you can air control, tech, roll, or anything. I just assume you can't but then it wasn't until actually playing Soul Calibur that I realized 90% of the shit I'd seen for it was invalid because of air control.
You cant tech in the air in tekken. Once you hit the ground then tech become available. Even tho Namco make SC series, tekken is way better then that shitty series.

Reason why Mokujin is "ok" to do combos vids with is because he has better options when it comes to combos. What I mean by that is for example, mokujin has better reach then Panda / Kuma does so doing combo when he is imitating him, give you more combo ability. But thats about it really that make mokujin stand out. He isnt quicker / stronger etc then the normal cast.

He cant change character mid round, once the round end its goes to a different character. So in practicing you need to quit and relaunch practice to get another character.
In fact, sometimes certain attacks on the ground can't be even teched, certain dunk attacks that are not B! could still have combo properties or unblockables (not even rollable). An example it's the combug I designed for the NB3 video, whereas Feng Wei already stomped someone from a B! and still can follow up either an extra stomp or a sweep OTG.

Tekken it's way to technical and in a way it does have its restrictions, but there's many options of combos, especially if you play a lot with the new breakable stages and wall hits.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

homo-genius: a history of gay inventors: volume 77

I fail to see the significance of this clip.

But the hash in the url includes _2toes which makes it incredibly novel.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Maj

Post by Maj »

Dumb PC hack.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

ah ok hahaha
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

That stuff could be good to test the juggle potential of some moves XD
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Personally i'd never believe anything tested with a hack. First of all, you never know what side effects it might cause. Second, if there's absolutely no way to reproduce a phenomenon without hacks then as far as i'm concerned it's useless knowledge.

These things are just lame publicity stunts. Nobody ever does anything cool with them either. Easy way out all the way through.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I guess you're right.

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

At least they made some cool skin mods, but to be fair I can't really think of what they could/should do with those gameplay hacks.

Since they are getting so into it though, they should focus on finding a way to display visual hitboxes. @_@
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I think they should make new characters XD

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiPYQvCSECs tools assisted KOF

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2722953 tiger sneakers

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8971295 tool assisted versus match

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9312347 soccer tas <- this one starts boring but gets progressively more buggy and entertaining, must see.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

How do you watch those nicovideos without logging in?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Dammit wrote:How do you watch those nicovideos without logging in?
You can't iirc.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Not sure why this works but you can type in http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/ followed by the id tag and it should work.

Example: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm9312347

Or you can go through mmcafe which does the same thing.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Thanks for the tip.
Xenozip. wrote:http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8971295 tool assisted versus match
I really enjoyed this one. I bet the maker didn't even know who would win.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2haS-3b0xZ0

Team Fortress 2 Teleport-Fragging

The way this works is the Engineer takes his own entrance and if anyone is standing on top of the exit when he comes out, they'll be killed. It doesn't matter if they were supposed to be invincible. You may find the video funny even if you don't play TF2.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Crow breaks down all the nitty gritty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzSUYyaBys0
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

- TASVideos - When human skills are just not enough!
Hmm, there's even Error1's SFA2 dramatic mode vid in there.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Have i mentioned that i really like GBA Sonic speedruns? I mean i like Sonic speedruns in general, but the GBA ones are the best for showing him going fast without disappearing off the screen completely. Nonstop fun to watch.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Yeah it's nice to see him never stop. "Regrets are like chocolate... brown."

- FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 3
I dunno if you guys would be interested in watching something like this, but it's proven to be really quite entertaining. Basically, the hacked Final Fantasy Tactics (like asshole-mario, hella difficulty boost), CPU AI tournament, the players pick a 4man team under the rules provided in the thread and then they get to it.

You'll need to skim some of the description and rules in the threads that are linked in the video-description to really get a handle of what's going on.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Someone sent this to me today:

My Viper Seismo Chain Challenge by Shaunt29

I don't know if we have any C.Viper players here but this might be fun to try; without tool-assistance of course, since it's purely an execution challenge.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

can someone explain what is meant to happen??
onReload

Post by onReload »

Basically you're doing Seismo Hammer, High Jump Cancel, Seismo Hammer, etc...It's to see how many you can do in a row without screwing up, and it's easy to tell when that happens, since the recovery from the normal (non-jump canceled) Seismo Hammer is pretty long; so if you mess up, you'll either do something completely different (he ended up high jumping towards the opponent) or you'll end up having a normal recovery from the Seismo. But, he wants to see how many times people can chain them together. It's not inescapable, but chaining a few together can be a viable strategy as a lot of the time people won't expect it (and then get hit by one of them), or if they jump away you can high jump cancel then attack, etc. If they keep on blocking, it's also very good chip damage.

The input, I think, is F, D, DF + P, (Regular Seismo) UF, D, DF + P (Seismo starting with a High Jump Cancel, since the inputs in bold indicate a High Jump.)

Did I explain that all right? I don't even like Viper much, but I did like 3S super jump cancels...
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

The input I use for sjc on the ground is forward, down, down+forward, up+attack.
Raine

Post by Raine »

I'm just curious as to what the frame window on the sjc is? How many frames do you have to cancel into the next move? When I was doing the trials I always found it easiest to buffer the super jump really early into the move before the cancel, and then finish the second input normally. Perhaps CPS2's method would be easier to time.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Maj can definitely explain this better than I can, but the input buffer is at least 7 frames + hit pause (on block, ah it's getting fuzzy to me already :P ), then you have to press punch during the pre-jump frames after up, and there's 4 of those. So there's like 2 timing windows here, neither are that hard alone, together it's still not that hard with some practice. Without practice tho, I fuck it up.

edit: if you super jump and then try to do a special, you have either 3 or 4 frames. No need to do that in SF4.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I'm not that into Viper so i didn't spend too much time on this, but from what i could tell, you can jump-cancel her attacks throughout impact freeze so you have a huge window to do that. But if you try to complete a special move input during impact freeze, it's ignored. You have to wait until impact freeze ends and she begins superjumping to finish the special/super move command.

So you can either do superjump-cancelable move -> superjump -> wait -> special OR superjump-cancelable move -> wait -> tigerknee special.