Everything YouTube

question anything pertaining to the craft
Maj

Re: Everything YouTube

Post by Maj »

So i solved the Nimuro mystery. Fucking u2b ...
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

See? Like I said, they don't see "street fighter" they see "games" (video? GAMES!)
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah i know.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

so what are the benefits of having "enable revenue sharing"??
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Your penis may feel a sensation similar to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:so what are the benefits of having "enable revenue sharing"??
They start putting ads across the bottom of your video and then you earn a certain amount of money per view and per click. We don't know how much exactly and i think it changes based on seasonal rates, but i've read it's somewhere around $2.50 per 1000 views. Of course there's a lot more restrictions to worry about, like you can't have copyrighted music anymore - especially recent mainstream stuff. But that wouldn't be difficult to adhere to if we knew exactly what they wanted.

The hard part is getting them to give us a chance since apparently they've got something against gamers that they don't want to say outloud.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Maj wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:so what are the benefits of having "enable revenue sharing"??
They start putting ads across the bottom of your video and then you earn a certain amount of money per view and per click. We don't know how much exactly and i think it changes based on seasonal rates, but i've read it's somewhere around $2.50 per 1000 views. Of course there's a lot more restrictions to worry about, like you can't have copyrighted music anymore - especially recent mainstream stuff. But that wouldn't be difficult to adhere to if we knew exactly what they wanted.

The hard part is getting them to give us a chance since apparently they've got something against gamers that they don't want to say outloud.
I see, didnt know that. Thanks for that.
Xenozip. wrote:Your penis may feel a sensation similar to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc
Hahaha that was quality! I like the KoF references in there.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Talking More Shit!

Man if i could find a way to monetize gamer cynicism/paranoia/unhelpfulness, i'd be a kajillionaire overnight.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

yeah, they gave me an invite to use one of my videos for that money thing. though with all the trouble that you've been getting I haven't bothered to try it out.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Any idea what "Blog Setup does? Like, what happens after you attach a blog to your account?
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

So youtube can do 1080p/i now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... omk-RGew==

>Maj: Guess I'll use 1080p for our God of War 3 CV.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Here is a better example of 1080 and 720. Both are upscaled 640x480 vga @60fps.

1080: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE09UwEqWEk

720: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ngvWN0VLg8
Persona

Post by Persona »

Anyone here ever get those annoying people who just love to 1 star everything?
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Persona wrote:Anyone here ever get those annoying people who just love to 1 star everything?
:lol:

yes i do....and im sure yours and mine are the same
Persona

Post by Persona »

It's rather annoying because most people who see a low rating video suddenly change the page because they assume the video sucks.
Maj

Post by Maj »

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

(My) CvS2 Guile Tactics v1.0 video uploaded by Shiro420
sonichurricanedotcom wrote:Wow, 17,000 views. Sweet.

Sorry to have to do this, but i've uploaded a higher quality version of this video to my account. So would you mind taking this version down or at least making it private?

I'm not going to bother uploading all of my old vids to youtube. Maybe one or two more.
Shiro420 wrote:I'm not sure if your the fellow who made this video, if you can just send me some proof I could change it to privet no problem. Although i don't really see a reason why. i could put a link to your better quality video in the side.
This is what i get for trying to be a nice guy? He's got seven of my videos on his channel. Doubleyou tee eff.
error1

Post by error1 »

flag it for infringement and youtube will probably take down all his videos rather then deal with it.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

LOL proof? You link you your youtube account from your own website don't you? Did he even bother looking at your website? Just link it to him.

I had an issue with Shiro420 before. Shiro private messaged me the following:
Shiro420 wrote:would you be mad if i stole some videos off you and put them on my youtube
I asked him what kind, his response was 'any' along with "i just need more vids". That prompted me to tell him "no" because basically he would just be mirroring stuff I already put the effort of capturing, encoding, and uploading into.

I had a blog running at one point that was basically just to bash stupid youtube comments. I quoted him on that blog because I felt it was a little absurd to make such a request. He caught wind of it and hit me back with another pm, obviously feeling ostracized. I deleted my blog upon realizing that it was poor judgment for me to have quoted a private message on a public site in the first place. May have been an overreaction to delete the blog but I felt "if you don't have nice things to say..etc" so it's gone.

Now during this I explained to him that I didn't want to give him videos because he'd just be mirroring already-available content but I could send him replays and he could do the capturing/encoding/uploading himself. You know, doing actual work instead of asking for handouts to mirror. And so, I did. I sent him quite a large sum of replays. To this day I don't think he's uploaded anything from me (but I could be wrong? who knows).

Well not to perpetuate bad habits but, part of his initial response after finding my blog:
Shiro420 wrote:I asked once if i could grab not STEAL some vids from you because Preppy had given me shit for adding some of the evo trailers to my youtube. He said i should just ask people if i can use their videos.
So apparently he had a run-in with Preppy over evo related stuff too, and didn't really learn much.

Well, in the end I don't regret telling him "no" because I'm not interested in boosting the popularity of his page by giving him content just so he can be an e-celeb or whatever. Which is also why I am, again, quoting his PMs in a public place with no regard.

The sad thing is, if he feels "that's what I get for asking" then in this particular case he would be right. If he hadn't asked me for permission I wouldn't have cared, my SFA3 vids are still mirrored elsewhere and I don't care. The fact that he asked me in advance prompted me to tell him 'no' though, just because I thought it was so ridiculous to want to mirror already-uploaded content.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Heh, and suddenly I get a partnership offer on the akuma vc vid. Should I even bother..

I'm guessing "no".
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, it's usually better to resolve these issues on a personal level because it stands to reason that someone who steals videos would also be likely to retaliate in an immature fashion. The last thing i need is someone flagging my videos over some stupid shit like this.

It's just sad because once people do enough of this bullshit, they start feeling entitled to it. The problem with stealing things is you gotta put twice as much effort into defending them.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Speaking about stealing, Maj is it possible to ask the owner of the EVO trailer if I could use some of its content for a joke im editing? The vid isnt mocking the EVO vid at all, but I want to use JW and edit what he says to "my better is better then your better" to something else but still have him in the background as if he said it.

The purpose of the vid is some funny vids from t6 online, and its was going to be titled "my scrub is better". I think Jchensor was the maker but i just to make sure its ok.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

What were you planning on making him say instead? I mean, I asked Justin specifically to film that segment and told him what to say and everything, so I just don't want to see him end up saying something weird or anything like that. Can you describe the context of how the clip will be used and just, in general, what the video will be about? Most likely I'm down, but just wanted to be sure.

- James
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

jchensor wrote:What were you planning on making him say instead? I mean, I asked Justin specifically to film that segment and told him what to say and everything, so I just don't want to see him end up saying something weird or anything like that. Can you describe the context of how the clip will be used and just, in general, what the video will be about? Most likely I'm down, but just wanted to be sure.

- James
I was thinking about it today and yeah I think i wont use JW and reedit what he says. All I wanted to do was have him saying "My scrub is scrubbier then your scrub" and showcase some matches that end with a friend of mine winning with just one move. If anything whenever i get it completed ill show you first, but now that I think about it I may not have him in it at all.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Thankfully the situation resolved itself.
Shiro420 wrote:hey man

just so you know i wasn't trying to be condescending. when i replyed to you, i didn;t know you made the cideaoso its on privet now
If he didn't have time to spellcheck that then i'm guessing he was in a hurry the last time he logged into u2b too. Looks like a simple misunderstanding.

Patience wins another battle! DB!
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Thankfully the situation resolved itself.
Shiro420 wrote:hey man

just so you know i wasn't trying to be condescending. when i replyed to you, i didn;t know you made the cideaoso its on privet now
If he didn't have time to spellcheck that then i'm guessing he was in a hurry the last time he logged into u2b too. Looks like a simple misunderstanding.

Patience wins another battle! DB!
Arright was that DB like from Naruto or something? EEEuuugghghhhfrrrrffffffffffffff

Also please start calling them "Combo Cideaosos"
Maj

Post by Maj »

DB like down/back like Guile blocking his way to victory!
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:DB like down/back like Guile blocking his way to victory!
Oh, thank god. Lowercase that shit dude.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'm glad it took me several minutes to make the connection between DB and Naruto. But I'm still sad I made the connection at all. :V
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Sometimes when you look at someones channel, a red box pops up that say "I call shenanigans". Has this happened to anyone else, and what is it about?
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah it's happened to me, when i watch a couple of videos on their channel and then hit Alt+Back a bunch of times. It probably gets confused by it's own weird URL symbols.