new fight stick modding into programmable controller

reference materials and general how-to information
ShinjiGohan

new fight stick modding into programmable controller

Post by ShinjiGohan »

http://insanecombo.com/

I guess you have to plug it into the computer and use their software to prorgam the combo and then plug it into the console? Or maybe its plugged into both.

No word on many memory banks for delays and button presses are acceptable per combo. But the timing step is .001 sec, which seems odd as games run at 60fps, so it would make more sense to have it step at .016, so lots of delays will be in the combos. But at least it seems you can save the combos so no more transcribing the steps in the ascii pad into the computer and then reprogram it back in when you want to do the combo again (to rerecord or modify said combo).

Wha cha think?

Personally it might be too pricey (cost more than a TE stick), but would save trouble and hassle with trying to use the pad which may not work as well on the PC/PS3... Which also gives an option for 360 owners.
error1

Re: new fight stick modding into programmable controller

Post by error1 »

note that the price doesn't include the stick
looks like you can set the delay
I curious how many steps the combo can have, nothing they have on the site is more complex then a super cancel.
I can't imagine there is much demand for this kind of thing, I wonder how many they've sold

Looks like they've had it out for about a month but there are no posts on there fourms
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Man, that looks exactly like the 360 Debug console thing. I was positive they were going to do something like this eventually because there IS a demand IMO. 185 isn't that bad though, considering it's a TE stick. I'll ask other people if they know about it. Would be great for marvel because no 100% technique necessary if you can do things to the 001s
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

no its 185 to mod your TE stick so you'd have to send it in.

If you don't have a stick then thats $149 more to purchase the stick as well.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Oh! Heh, sorry. Yes...That is very expensive but maybe if the capabilities are good, it'll be worth it. I mean if ASCII pads could somehow transfer their data to PC digitally, it'd save a lot time programming long or complicated things out. + We'd be able to copy-paste things back and forth.

Anyway, sorry.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

no problem lol. I'd definitely think about it if my TE stick worked on my PC, but only my 360TE stick does but I don't have a 360 so it still doesn't do me any good lol. But you do bring up a good point, on the calaboration videos we could just send out programmed scripts over to the main guy and he can record everything that they desire from there after simply importing the script over...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Magnetro wrote:Would be great for marvel because no 100% technique necessary if you can do things to the 001s
I'll bet you $10 AMERICAN that this product isn't going to change that situation at all.

Sounds interesting though. I'd buy it if i won the lottery.
error1

Post by error1 »

It occurs to me that most high end gaming keyboards have built in macro keys that can do this kind of thing example. Can a 360 use any usb keyboard or just one with a Microsoft sticker on it? I don't know if the macros are an internal function or require special computer drivers/software to work but it may be worth looking into.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I don't even think the MS logo is good enough. I think it has to be an Xbox controller outright. It might work with a PS3 though. Sony's way less picky about what you can plug into their USB ports. It's a cool idea but the other problem is that as far as i can tell, the only way to assign those macro commands is by performing them in real time. That might be good enough for playing WoW but the only thing it does for fighting games is give you a bootleg way to control the opponent in Versus Mode.

Btw it looks like noodalls on SRK found a way to create a custom programmable stick and the best part is he's got two of them wired to one PCB. Makes it way easier to do 1P/2P stuff than pushing two buttons on two different pads at the same time. (Sounds dumb but that shit doubles/triples the amount of time it takes to get anything done.)