Majestic Screenshot Gallery

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: Majestic Screenshot Gallery

Post by Maj »

Haha sounds dope. Dunno about everyone else but i'm certainly interested. Feel free to use this thread if you like.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Hmm...It's not super interesting without the ability to manipulate the invisible participant; and some of it only looks good in motion...but this is somewhat of an idea

onReload

Post by onReload »

4 more tries out of pure boredom then I want to know if it's possible at all to use invisibility outside of this challenge - or any of the challenge mods, for that matter. It would also be nicer if I could turn off the HUD.

Old man is astounded that El Fuerte can levitate and change the in-game timer.
Generic bad-assy-ness. Note that I'm using the Watercolor aftertouch.
This looks like Gief is trying to pantomime something interesting he did the other night.
When Invisi-Rufus does Space Opera Symphony (which is an utterly idiotic name for anything), the camera does an extreme high angle shot, showing us the uh...boardwalk. I mean I'm sure it's cool on other stages, if they have floors you enjoy.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dang, that Fei Long one and that Gief one are both great, especially with your subtitle under Gief's pose. Gotta admit, i'm kinda jealous of the PC version. That watercolor effect is slick. It's also funny how that old guy watching El Fuerte looks like he's trying to remember how many drinks he had. The daytime version of that stage is weird too. People will randomly get excited and try to climb the buildings, then fall off if you make the ground shake with an ultra.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Blanka about to take the default-SF4-ultra-ender* from Elf. Normal TA #15, watercolor, gray blanka, trainyard at night, oil on canvas etc.

So, yeah, figured out to turn off the HUD...it's in the screen options, hahaaaa...

* the acting character knocks the victim into the air, then joins them, only to send them flying back down. See: El Fuerte, Zangief, Cammy, M. Bison, Abel, ~Fei Long...
Last edited by onReload on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NKI

Post by NKI »

Hah! Good stuff.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Posterization and Ink aftertouch time...lots of darkness. Lots of free time. This is mostly the Normal Survival that lets you be invisible.

Repeat, no HUD, Posterization with blue outfit.
Slightly different, stronger wrist.
Just LOL.
I really wanted this on a stage with something up high, but I guess a ship's mast will do.
Snorted when I saw this.
Still not sure if this is the invisi-shin that I want, but it's close. The neck gets screwed up looking because Gouken's fist is supposed to be covering the fact that it's all stretched out to make the dumb Popeye-esque chin.
Believe it or not, I'm...
I'm a big fan of the twist animation in this game, especially this one.
Lastly, Abel's alternate ending.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dude these are awesome. You should go crosspost 'em in the SRK thread and let me repost them on HVO and NeoGAF too.

Guile looks like he's being abducted off that ship by a UFO. What does "Abel's alternate ending" mean?
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:What does "Abel's alternate ending" mean?
Suggesting that he kills himself instead of (not) finding out why he's so French and rolly. Bad joke.

Yeah I'll probably post them in the Majestic thread on SRK, maybe after doing a few more. Feel free to post stuff wherever...frankly I want to see what other people can come up with, and I wish they would let me use it in training mode/VS.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Cool. In that case i'll wait until you have enough to share with SRK, then quote those posts on both other forums. No hurry.
error1

Post by error1 »

Blanka can short hop through a char and this can lead to some funny pictures if you do it during the closeup at the start of an ultra
onReload

Post by onReload »

I like that you drew inspiration from one of the major things I was trying to avoid, lol. the clipping, yeah; that and motion blur, the impact animations, etc...but yeah if i had more control i'd definitely run with that, like try and put one character's head on another, just through the frames that don't have good clipping. edit: i also just noticed that the start of ultras give blanka a dumb face. i kinda forgot that he's not always that ridiculous.

one thing that made me laugh about that, though, was in one of the hype trailers for SF4, where Guile does his Ultra and basically tells Abel's crotch what he's about to do. I'm sure that ultra's start-up, with or without clipping, will go a long way, at least on the dick-joke line. I also like when he whiffs the last kick of the ultra because the first 8 hits connected.

I just wonder what the hell Guile was looking at when he turns back over his shoulder for the final flash kick.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Annnnd some more...

WAIT THEY HAVE BURGERS HERE GUYS? Start of invisi-Dan's Ultra, if you couldn't guess. I kinda want to do all 25 characters with this, but the challenge only has so many characters avaible to be beaten up while invisible (Normal Survival Level 13).
we used to dance...~
more floaty guile.
"and this car comes fully equipped, with a guile launcher beneath the headlight..."
simple ultra flash kick after the impact graphic.
seth just lost everything.
but he's so manly in red. (oh hey look i'm using an impact graphic)
More abstract piece here, mmmyes *swishes wine*. See if you can tell what's going on.
John Carpenter's The Thing
sun hurts my eyes when i levitate
aw cmon wtf
ok what the shit is that stuff over there

and yeah. i'm done for now. really want to find a way to take invisibility out of just those two challenges, and into 2P mode or training mode...I don't know any of the guys that have been hacking the game though, I figure they might know a way...maybe i'll hit them up on their youtubes
error1

Post by error1 »

I could explain how to edit the files if you'd like but http://www.gamevixenzone.com/gvz/viewfo ... 934ec5f533 is where there documented.
Changing the textures is easy enough but I have the feeling that won't be good enough.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Well, here's a new chapter in Investigating the Possibilities of Art within a Strictly Controlled Medium:

Ultra-Freeze vs. Taunts.

It was just too funny to leave unuploaded. But yeah, that should be it for awhile.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha that's pretty funny. I really like Seth's bizarre emotional journey too. That entire series is awesome. And eerie white silhouette is dope.

You really should post these on SRK. I'm telling you, people will love 'em.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Haha that's pretty funny. I really like Seth's bizarre emotional journey too. That entire series is awesome. And eerie white silhouette is dope.

You really should post these on SRK. I'm telling you, people will love 'em.
Yeah, I'll probably do that soon, I might redo the old ones without HUD or use a better image program than MSPaint. I mean they're gonna be compressed anyway, I suppose.
Maj

Post by Maj »

So i started posting screenshots on the blog: http://sonichurricane.com/?cat=7

The plan is to post a new one every Thursday. We'll see how long it takes me to get bored.
error1

Post by error1 »

got this silly idea for a screen shot as I was playing around with gief in mvsf

Notice how the fists for the giefs in the background are bigger then the ones in the foreground
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dude. Awesome!
Genas5

Post by Genas5 »

hahahaha really funny, gief rules.

Not sure if this is good, but the way to get it is weird.
SNK Games Combo Video Maker
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Genas5 wrote:hahahaha really funny, gief rules.

Not sure if this is good, but the way to get it is weird.
Oh wow, how you do Genas?
Raine

Post by Raine »

I've been messing around with frameMAME and KoF98 recently, learning more about how the engine works with regards to input of normals/specials/supers/movement and whatnot, ended up getting distracted and made a bunch of screenshots I thought might fit this thread. They are exploiting the fact that Leona's Baltic Launcher (b~f+P) will stay on the screen longer if it comes into contact with another projectile, allowing you to make some cool patterns.

1 frame before the two Leona's collide using the d~u+B special.

A certain frame of Moon Slasher is a white/blue circle like this. The frame before it is a completely black circle.

Another Moon Slasher one, you can make a lot of crazy rorschach looking stuff by varying the timing/positioning a little.

At some point during the super freeze, qcfx2+P DM vs SDM, this one is using C Baltic Launcher

DM vs SDM V-Slasher

If I did these in FBA or Kawaks I'd be able to remove the HUD display, but MAME doesn't seem to have that sort of fuctionality.

For some strange reason, it is only possible to display that frame of the Baltic Launcher during the super freeze. No matter what point in the animation you activate the super, the Baltic Launcher will always get stuck on that particular frame. I've come across a lot of whacky engine specific stuff just screwing around with simple setups like this. Dunno if anyone is interested in this stuff but I'll probably post more soon, I like making these screenshots. Got some actual combo vids too but I need to figure how to turn the image/sound input into an actual video file before I upload that.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

While this isn't exactly Majestic, it's still interesting. Joo put it in Meik11 VERSION1 but it never had it in the final version. He says (today) that he wont' use it.

I think it's really cool. But it's more of a puzzle than flashy. If joo gives me permission to use it, I'll probably kill off everyone except the two Cables.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Remxi wrote:They are exploiting the fact that Leona's Baltic Launcher (b~f+P) will stay on the screen longer if it comes into contact with another projectile, allowing you to make some cool patterns.
Nice! Leona rocks. I dig the third one and the last one. How come the superfreeze sparks are different colors?

Btw just so you know, some emulators have different approaches when it comes to input timings. Generally you can get the same results across every emulator, but the input sequences can vary. For example some emulators require you to press buttons at weird times, like in the middle of special move commands instead of at the end. I don't think it's that important in the long run, but expect some changes if you ever switch emulators.

Magnetro wrote:If joo gives me permission to use it, I'll probably kill off everyone except the two Cables.
I think it looks cool. But it'd be better if you could get them closer together, at least so that their whole sprites are visible.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Maj wrote:Nice! Leona rocks. I dig the third one and the last one. How come the superfreeze sparks are different colors?
1p is using a regular DM while 2p is using the SDM version (requires 2 stocks, must be in MAX mode first). DM superfreeze effects are blue while SDM ones are orange. If you execute both types of supers on the same frame however, the DM version will inherit the orange super flash (you can see this happening in the last pic, which kinda sucks 'cause I think it'd look better if the DM flash was blue as well).

Hmm, I don't really understand that Cable pic, do you mind explaining a little more? It looks like their poses are mirrored. I don't know much about MvC2. :wink:
error1

Post by error1 »

alot of things I was trying to show with my ken ultra video where hard to see so I made a bunch of pictures so it's easier to see some of the weird stuff.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CS6JF75X
The hit after the fb doesn't seem to really connect. So it levees whatever effects are on a char around until the next hit happens.

2372 look at the effects between Akuma's legs
That red thing in 4296 is vegas scarf.
4712 look how lazy capcom is with that side of gens effects, just made them rectangles.
6770 so dusty
7087 I just like super freeze in this game.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj wrote:You really should post these on SRK. I'm telling you, people will love 'em.
Oh, somehow I managed to not know there was an SRK thread. Actually not that difficult since 95% of the time all I read anymore is my thread subscriptions via the user cp.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
error1

Post by error1 »

It looks like eventhubs independently came up with a similar idea.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/dec/ ... ter-games/
Maj

Post by Maj »

Unbelievable.