SNES SSF2 semi-combo movie

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: SNES SSF2 semi-combo movie

Post by Maj »

Btw, i made some SNES SSF2 Ken combo clips due to some dumb argument i was having with Saturn. I still really like that clip against Sagat, but i haven't been able to find a video project where it would fit. But you're welcome to use any of those combos in your video if you can find space for them.
Neophos

Post by Neophos »

Oh yeah, I've seen those clips. That Ken combo IS very cool, but I was thinking of using Sagat to show off Chun Li's quadruble stomp instead. Well, it'll be a while before Sagat is brought into the mix - Creating matches where, hopefully, both players should do something cool is quite time consuming, both in the planning and playing states. And I'm lazy as hell.

Anyway, while testing some stuff, I found out a couple of miniscule details: 1. Two projectiles can't connect on the same frame. Even if fired the exact same frame, the exact same distance, they'll always connect one frame apart. If you delay the one that hits first by one frame, then that one will one frame afterwards. So I'm guessing they simple hardcoded into a limit that only one projectile might connect on a single frame. It's common in a lot of games, so no real amusement there.

This, on the other hand, is plenty amusing. For some reason, Dhalsim's hitbox during his Yoga fire becomes different when he's in different phases of his idle animation. This game is so bloody odd.
NKI

Post by NKI »

So I'm hella late, but I just wanted to say that this thread is awesome. Tons of good info. Thanks for all the work, Neophos!

When you get down and dirty and take a look at all the inner workings of old school SF games, it really is a miracle that they are playable on a competitive level. Either that, or Capcom is just so godlike at programming that we mere mortals can't comprehend their genius.