Display Adjust and Odd Output Resolutions

question anything pertaining to the craft
Maj

Display Adjust and Odd Output Resolutions

Post by Maj »

The entire CvS series seems to output at 640x474 for whatever reason. It kinda annoys me because that works out to be 320x237 which means i have to stretch vertically to correct for three measly pixels; adding a little blur for no reason.

Basically the capture card sees 474 pixels of game, with no black space above and 6 pixels of black space under. So i checked out the "Display Adjust" setting in the Options menu, hoping that it would allow me to move the frame down. Turns out that 6 pixels black bar never budges whatsoever.

If you set the Y value to "-01" or "-02" the game moves down by one or two pixels, showing two extra pixels of stuff at the top that would normally be invisible (at the expense of losing two bottom pixels). If you set the Y value to "-03" or more, you start to see a black bar at the top of the captured area and the picture shrinks to 473 pixels or less.

It's just plain dumb all around.
Magnetro

Re: Display Adjust and Odd Output Resolutions

Post by Magnetro »

MvC2 on VGA gets zoomed in so I have to make the vertical setting -7 so I can at least get equal top and bottom.
Maj

Re: Display Adjust and Odd Output Resolutions

Post by Maj »

HSF2 on PS2 is classic too. That shit is 623x448. An odd number of horizontal pixels? Seriously, who does that?