Help Devise Combo Challenges

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Help Devise Combo Challenges

Post by Maj »

At the moment i think we've got plenty of open challenges for anyone who's looking to earn points. Figured i'd throw this out there anyway. If anyone has any must-see ideas for combo challenges, you're welcome to post them here for me to review. Here are some basic guidelines:

a) Successful solutions can be worth a maximum of two points.
b) Its difficulty level must be on par with existing two-point challenges.
c) It must have at least three valid solutions.
d) It must have a witty title.

The author of the challenge will remain eligible to participate in the challenge, under two conditions. First, the author must wait two weeks from the posting of the challenge before submitting an entry. Second, the author's score will be halved, meaning the author will be eligible for one point only, whereas everyone else will be eligible for two.
Maj

Re: Help Devise Combo Challenges

Post by Maj »

Since trivia quizzes remain locked while active, use this thread to ask questions. Keep in mind that if your question makes an answer obvious, then everyone else will probably get it right for free. Once the quiz deadline has passed, i'll reopen its thread and move all the relevant posts there.
Maj

Re: Help Devise Combo Challenges

Post by Maj »

What can we do in SF4? It's basically impossible to combo two supers or two Ultras right? Nobody can build meter that fast, except maybe the infinite kids but those combos would look hella bootleg.

Is there a hard-coded one-throw-per-combo limit? There would probably have to be in order to stop Fei Long from keeping you trapped in command throw loops right? Then again, we've got two infinites in SF4 already, between El Fuerte's running fierces and Fei Long's chicken wing bullshit. I wouldn't be too surprised if Abel's F+MK dash cancel and Rufus' divekick ended up causing infinites either.

Maybe meter-management would be interesting. Something like "Two EX moves plus a super in one non-dizzy combo"?

None of this stuff really stands out to me though. Any other ideas?