Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom

video previews, releases, and feedback
jchensor

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom

Post by jchensor »

Anyone here playing the game? I've messed around with it a bit... but I've never played anything other than Training Mode! :lol: But I've recorded some Combos, was just seeing if anyone here would be interested in seeing them. Here are links to them:

1) Viewtiful Joe & Chun Li: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSHMv70Xf34

My first recorded Combo for the game. Nothing particular of note, just a carefully pieced-together Combo. I wish I could think of something to do with the "6th" Level of Meter I manage to build up, but I couldn't think of anything cool and worthwhile. Also, getting the Chun Li Super to Juggle and Combo is actually a lot harder than it seemed.

2) Karas (with Morrigan Assist): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okngP08nU4w

My whole goal with this Combo was to just see how many times I could get Karas's standard Chain Combo (Standing Light Attack x 3/4 -> Crouching Light Attack -> Standing Medium Attack -> Crouching Medium Attack -> Standing Heavy Attack -> [stuff]) into one Combo. I managed to get it five times. In terms of doing something different, the only thing to note here is the use of the Mega Crash after a Launcher to be able to get more Combo on the ground and bypassing the Air Combo. The Mega Crash has a HUGE hitbox, but it can actually whiff if done too fast (it's like after the Launch, the enemy is invulnerable to Mega Crashses for a split second).

3) Ryu (with Viewtiful Joe Assist): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT2dxpwmfGo

There are very few times I'm actually really happy and pleased with my own Combos. Most of the time I see people really do something out of the ordinary and super creative, it's usually Maj or kysg or something. And whenever I see them do stuff, I always think, "Damn. Now why didn't I think of that?" But for once, I feel like I actually came up with a creative Combo "trick" for a new game. I came up with the idea of using Joe's Assist + Mega Crash to actually hit MYSELF mid-Combo to cancel out my Super so that I could Combo afterwards. And to make things even nicer is that using it that way, I could still call Joe again later in the Combo (this is either because the Bomb hits me and not the enemy or because the enemy was NOT getting hit when Joe finished, making it so his "timer" for Assist OK counts down even after I start hitting Batsu). This Combo started out with a goal of getting two ground-based Shinkuu Hadoukens in one Combo. It literally started off as the beginning up to the Mega Crash into Stand Weak -> Stand Heavy -> Towards Heavy XX Shinkuu Hadouken. But as I kept playing with it and thinking about it and trying to extend it, it suddenly became a 100-hit, 100% damage Combo as I kept finding more and more ways to tack on more parts. Although, once again, I couldn't think of a good way to use the 6th Level I built up.

I really think this game has a lot of good Combo potential. I've seen some other videos with some really cool stuff with characters like Batsu. I'm curious to see if anyone else here has been messing with the game, and if anyone else has started recording any TvC Combos.

- James
Magnetro

Re: Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom

Post by Magnetro »

Those looked cool. Good luck with making videos. I think the only other guy that's playing it that's on this board is VegaOmega. HOpefully he'll figure out how to use his program pad for the Wii and make PPAD Combos. : ).

I'm going to San Diego tomorrow to hang out and play Marvel with someone, he says he has tvc. I'll try it out when I get there. It looks interesting.
desk

Post by desk »

Really liked al of the combos, in particular the joe assist one. I had to watch it twice to realise how awesome it was, lol.

For the karas combo, could you go into his infinite after you've pushed ryu into the corner? or wouldn't it work with that set-up? Unfortunately I don't have a wii and I didn't even bother playing this at evo but I'm really interested in this game.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Huh. That's really interesting. I wonder... which version should be considered the "official" version? I only used 4:3 because I happen to be capturing on my 4:3 TV.

And Desk, I'm pretty sure the Infinite would have worked there. From what I've seen of it, it doesn't require any sort of super special setup.

- James
Maj

Post by Maj »

That ninja guy looks pretty cool. Maybe the entire Tatsunoko side isn't lame after all. Wolverine would own him up though.

Love the Ryu combo. So awesome. 100 hits on the dot! I think James Chen found the official Rolento of 2009.

Wow, did that combo really get a "Tatsunical" rating? I guess if MvC2 can have "Marvelous" combos, then TvC is more or less allowed too.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

TvC endings. Are.. ouch.
jchensor wrote:Huh. That's really interesting. I wonder... which version should be considered the "official" version? I only used 4:3 because I happen to be capturing on my 4:3 TV.

And Desk, I'm pretty sure the Infinite would have worked there. From what I've seen of it, it doesn't require any sort of super special setup.

- James
Hmm, not sure. I coincidentally only saw that video like a day before I linked it here.
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

LOL@ widescreen actually having a smaller screen width, that's counterintuitive.

About as far as I got with the game was noticing that after anything which causes a hitstun like dizzy or stagger (Saki's command throw, Stungun Headbutt, etc) when you ground combo them afterward it actually turns into a lowest-possible air juggle, which lets you do things you normally can't...like Saki can combo into her command throw, then do A->B->C whereas normally the C wouldn't combo because it's way too slow.
Also, the dizzies caused by Stungun and the genie's super are real dizzies - you can DHC into Viewtiful Joe's cannon and it'll combo, which I think is one of the only ways to combo it.

As well, Alex can do c.RH xx stomp, which certainly looks like it hits OTG. Not sure if you can continue...plus he and Ryu and most other characters can also do s.C->c.C->Twds+C and juggle. And Alex can also do s.B->c.B->B Flash Chop. In short, I guess I found Alex the most fun of anyone. :^P

Mike Z
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Yeah, there are just moves that are designated with "OTG-Ability". Alex's stomp is one of them. Only those moves that are designated with this OTG property can actually hit anyone off the floor, which makes it tricky to do interesting Combos involving OTGs.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'm sure everyone here already knows, bot rockeits has been u2bing lots of TvC

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rockeits
Maj

Post by Maj »

So i tried this game for about half an hour at zuggzugg's house - mostly playing Ryu/Alex. It seems like they have a lot of interesting combo engine choices that you don't normally see in a Capcom game. Alex can combo his air dive into lvl3 360 super, and i think a lot of other characters have combo into throw options as well. Plus the button layout is outright weird, though it seems more or less intuitive once you get used to all the missing attacks.

One thing that will never stop being weird to me is how Ryu can mash out sj.MP repeatedly in air combos. Also it seems like some characters do way too much damage off basic chains, but then again it's too early to judge damage potential.

Lastly, that whole pushblock thing is crazy too; kinda reminiscent of Rival Schools, which didn't turn out so well competitively. Dunno, guess we'll see what happens at Evo this year.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

I found this on Joo's site while looking for Marvel news

http://koredaa.hp.infoseek.co.jp/porima.wmv

It looks like an infinite vs Roll who may or may not be top tier. I don't know.