Challenge 13: Everybody Gets Shot

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Challenge 13: Everybody Gets Shot

Post by Maj »

Using a single Hyper Viper Beam (ground or air), make MvC2 Cable shoot as many different things as possible. You get zero points for the first four unique things getting shot, but half a point for each unique target thereafter. The maximum that any person can earn is two points and only one entry will be counted per person.
Mike Z

Re: Challenge 13: Everybody Gets Shot

Post by Mike Z »

Do multiple copies of the same projectile (Doom photons, for example) count as 2 "things"? I'm guessing not.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nah, two or more of the same thing still counts as one unique thing. Different sized Doom rocks also count as one thing only. I'm just getting that out of the way so i don't have to disqualify anyone for asking.
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

(Gracious thanks to Maj for hosting the clip)
http://www.lowfierce.com/zrandom/MikeZ-get_shot.asf

Girl-induced insomnia leads to mass animal murder.
Forgive the lack of quality, this was recorded on a Dazzle, which not only sucks but has 1/2 second of lag, and I have no splitter! TBBB broke+lost my actual good capture card, bless his heart.
If I could have, I'd have let Jill fire a bit more, but she does shoot once. My original intention was to have a fire zombie as well, but there was no way to effectively set that up with the stupid lag. BLEH. It is entirely possible (actually easy) to add that, though - just call it, tag, then do orbs/triple team.
I was also going to add Amingo's Defense Up/Health Up vine from Cable's team, but it turns out beams don't hit it, only physical hits.

What gets shot:
Jill
Strider
Kobun
Jill's missile(s)
Hawks
Tigers
Kobuns with trays
Heli-Kobuns
---if you count them---
Strider's orbs get shot, but that's only if you interpret "get shot" as "being on enemy team" not "being actually affected by the beam in some way". He could have sent some rings by punching, but again, ghetto setup.
Defense Up vine
Zombie that I couldn't set up BAH

That's still 8, though. :^P

Mike Z
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sweet, that totally qualifies for two points. I don't see Jill's missles but i'm gonna assume that they're what caused the explosion.

As far as Strider's orbs, shooting them doesn't really do anything, right? If you'd used them to throw out some of those circle projectiles, i would have counted those but the orbs themselves are on the line.

Too bad your Amingo vine idea didn't work cuz shooting something on your own team woulda been awesome.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Here you go: http://magnetro.com/Cable_Shoot_Nwords.avi

1).Capcom
2).Sabretooth
3).BBHOOD(k)
4).BBHOOD(k)'s Helper # 1
5).BBHOOD(k)'s Helper # 2
6).Capcom Ninja
7).Capcom Mummy
8).Capcom Baby/Robot
9).Birdie

-- That's enough w/o counting projectiles got shot as well.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nice shot, sir. Sabretooth, CapCom, and BBHood obviously count. Birdie and BBHood's hunters are also producing at least three kinds of bullets. The real question is, how many of the helpers are capable of being shot? In other words, is it actually possible to shoot Birdie, the Commando crew, and BBHood's backup without harming Sabretooth, Capcom, and BBHood, respectively?
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

You can shoot Birdie because she's separate, but you can't shoot Commando's or BBHood's gangs without hitting the main character. However, BBH's group shoots missiles and bullets, which replace her 2 helpers (though it doesn't look like she gets to actually shoot any before she gets hit due to the super's long startup). Capcom's sword doesn't get hit (and it in fact will not get dissipated by any means other than hitting Capcom) but Birdie does produce at least one bullet that gets neutralized...
Maj

Post by Maj »

BBHood's crew definitely gets a shot off before Cable gets 'em. Counting those, we've got three characters plus Birdie plus three kinds of bullets which brings the total to seven. Therefore it's worth one and a half points. Magnetro, if you want that other half a point, you can submit an eight-target clip anytime you want. If you get it done before midnight tonight, it'll count for 2008. If not, then that extra half point will count towards 2009.