Joo's DVD Preview/Trailer Video

video previews, releases, and feedback
Magnetro

Joo's DVD Preview/Trailer Video

Post by Magnetro »

Joo finished his DVD Trailer/Preview video:

The reason it took so long was because he was capturing all his combos again because of the new capture card and PC he got.

This video looks goreous.

The HQ Video is H264 AVI 640x480p @ VGA Quality.

The LQ Video is WMV 640x480 30FPS @ VGA Quality.

The preview shows joo's absolute best combos and it's guaranteed that the DVD will be his last work for a LONG TIME (5 years in the making is pretty nuts)

Secondly, he told eidrian that the dvd will be an ISO and that it will be available to everyone in the west. So that means even ppl that don't get what's going on will get to see the DVD. He also mentioned that might be in Blu-Ray. I'm not sure what exactly that means since Marvel isn't blu-ray ish at all. Anyway, I'm not sure when the dvd is gonna come out but i'll make sure to post it as soon as I can.

so: HQ | LQ

Here are some things that stood out IMO:

@ :16 Marrow is doing bonerang over and over. This is cause of the shuma-mag bug that allows the character to repeat the special moves over and over.

@ :26 Silver Samurai breaks Sentinel's super armor with one shiryuken. he made the move hit meaty by moving it over sentinel and dropping it at the last second so all the hits connect and he is able to hit sentinel afterward.

@ :32 Cable does a bunch of grenades on sentinel. look at sentinel's teammates for answer (of course some of them are 'legit'. It looks like he is including everything in his DVD!

@ :51 / Frame 1558 Doom pulls out his gun. this gives him unfly which allows him to relaunch juggernaut into another air combo

@ 1:00 Rogue FSD : )

@ 1:06 Spiral teleports to where Cable's psimitar left them at and brings them back down. Program pads are great.

@ 1:08 Spiral HK is OTG. It's really hard to get for some reason. Anyway, this allows him to extend his combo with a HP that hits in a special way that allows her to keep the combo going after the S.HP.

@ 1:17 Charlie does MK -> HP -> Somersault. Marvel charge trickery.

@ 1:21 MM does HP after leaf shield but it doesn't cause fs. i forget the reason why. : (

@ 1:24 MM brings Jug down with charged Busters. Cool.

@ 1:28 / Frame 2647 MM corner jumps and connects another SJ.LP

@ 1:36 Cyke hits Sentinel full screen away with a gene splice. Cyclops has 3 gene splices depending on how you input them. If you want to go the farthest, you input: F, D, DF, UF+HP. If you want to travel the least amount of distance, you input: F, D, DF, UB+HP. If you want to do regular distance, you input basic DP.

@ 1:40 Cyke does SOB when he is facing RIGHT this means that if Cyke hit Sentinel when he's DEAD it will move him to the other side.

@ 1:45 / Frame 3157 Zangief hits the MK as meaty as you can allowing him to start moving down. ... WHich lets him connect his SJ.LP (as a link) as he's falling down. Also, the timing is strict because if Zangief didnt have enough MOMENTUM, his headbutt woulda hit too early and he wouldn't have been able to do HK.

@ 1:54 akuma links his a cr.lp off a MEATY S.HP. More links to follow into FSD

@ 2:00 Akuma does DP after LK-Hurricane Kick. Strict timing.

@ 2:02 Chun-Li does Jumping (she was in sj but her stomp puts her in normal jump) FHK+ Colossus Anti-Air assist. Colossus pushes juggernaut close to her so she can link a falling J.LP.

@ 2:05 Chun-Li does D.HK + Hulk Anti air assists that pushes juggernaut back up. Chun-Li CORNER JUMPS BACK INTO COMBO

@ 2:10 / Frame 3913 Blackheart does HK --> SJC before the demons hit that way Sentinel moves up with him. This is a general propery of marvel. SJing or holding UP/UB/UF before and during times that characters are getting hit will cause them to shoot upwards with you. It also does some flying screen shenanigans which i'll get into later. Ugh Marvel.

@ 2:11 BH taunts : D

@ 2:16 Cable does FSD. he did timeflip and launched and air combo'd sentinel with HP into the other cable's S.HP which causes a knockdown. THe rule for FSD is if your FS move happens before a move that causes REGULAR OTG it will allow you to cause FSD.

@ 2:21 Cable does a lot of Suki Cancel shenanigans. It's so damn stylish!

@ 2:28 Zangief pushes Sentinel into Bison's fireball which allows him to link stuff after.

@ 2:32 Bison does HK really meaty and gets to link stuff off of it.

@ 2:39 Bison calls Ken and teleports up to hit him. lol

@ 2:43 he jumps into the "corner" portion of the screen and gets to link off his psycho crusher again.

@ 2:45 Ruby Heart combo that was seen in Volume 11...

@ 2:57 Ruby called Cammy who pushes Capcom toward Ruby -- who had unfly and does a full magic series off of her schwarzelle.

@ 3:05 Ruby's ghost hits capcom out before he flys up from the barrel. This is based on luck since joo had to program the pad to do a knife but it was up to the game / luck if capcom would spin out.

@ 3:07 Capcom tagged in from Jin. Not sure what jin did to the camera / screen but whatever he did is what is causing capcom to connect some of htose hits. Uh, also, he uses Suki + Zangief to do stuff.

@ 3:18 Capcom did you captain sword --> Im betting it goes into FSD. : )

@ 3:21 Spiral does knives and teleports and does stuff. Cool. She does CR.LK into S.LK. It looks to fast to be a link but since she's in Speed-Up mode, it probably was.

@ 3:26 she links d.hp into d.hp. Not sure how he is going to COMBO her LVL 3 grab.

@ 3:29.............................................. ......................I've seen that somewhere......................................... ....................

@ 3:41 Captain America FSD. : ).

@ 3:48 Suki cancel + felicia to do a ton of HPs. The way it works is, you can hit some of your own characters' moves. Felicia's little ball can be hit before she hits it. The way Cable's HP works: If the INITIAL GUN SWING HIT CONNECTS (not on blocking ppl), he will be able to SJC it.

@ 3:49 Cable does HCB --> link AHVB off s.hps. Cool.

@ 3:51 its not really visible but it looks like guile did FHP into sonic boom.

@ 3:53 if guile wasnt in the right position when he did sonic hurricane, the somersault justice super wouldn't hit the right way. that means sentinel wouldn't have been launched extra high by the last hit.

@ 4:04 Morrigan does HK -> SJ DHK -> QCB+HK. There is LITERALLY ONLY ONE WAY TO INPUT THE COMMAND SO IT COMES OUT THAT WAY. Anything else will not cause morrigan to fall down as fast.

@ 4:10 Ryu calls Spider-Man while Ruby does QCB+KK. FS install was set already so: Spider-Man hits --- Then Ryu's FIREBALL CAUSES FS --- Then because of Ruby's Ghost super, Ryu's Shinkuu hadouken DROPS RUBY HEART --- As Spider-Man falls, HE PUSHES RUBY HEART AWAY --- this causes FS to force Ryu out of his super and cause him to DASH IN.

@ 4:14 Omninous music plays while Cyclops is is hitting Spiral in the air off-screen. The combo uses the setup from the DVD_Sample video where Iceman does Artic Attack and then a SJ HP comes flying out of nowhere and hits Colossus. The same setup is used on Cyclops. EXCEPT Spiral TELEPORTS to where he's at and he is able to hit her when he's really really high up.

The last Cyke combo has been hyped up by joo on MSN a lot. he says thats the combo he's most proud of and is the definite best one. ...Hence the ominous music.

Anyway, not sure when the DVD comes out but it's going to be great.

(copy - pasted from SRK)

Enjoy guys!
Maj

Re: Joo's DVD Preview/Trailer Video

Post by Maj »

Holy shit, Cyclops can combo two air Optic Blasts??? That's tight!

Good video, but i like Meikyo's Vol.11 better. That video had like ten limit breaks at least. I don't think i saw the "Limit Break" message come up even once in this new video. But this video is still cool though. I would give it four and a half stars on youtube.com but since you can't do that i would most likely round up to five stars.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

About the Cyclops Optic Blasts thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5I0RFV0 ... 97&index=1

@ 1:58

He did two regular ones and a MOB. Still though. *shrug*

Yeah this one didn't DISPLAY "Limit Break" but it had a lot of them. I really hope someone doesn't upload it to youtube for a while. :(
Maj

Post by Maj »

Maj wrote:Holy shit, Cyclops can combo two air Optic Blasts??? That's tight!

Good video, but i like Meikyo's Vol.11 better. That video had like ten limit breaks at least. I don't think i saw the "Limit Break" message come up even once in this new video. But this video is still cool though. I would give it four and a half stars on youtube.com but since you can't do that i would most likely round up to five stars.
These are jokes, haha.

I like the teleport combos though. Zangief's meaty boot is cool too.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

>>> @ 1:21 MM does HP after leaf shield but it doesn't cause fs. i forget the reason why. : (

Cuz the state of the character matters, and MM is already standing on the floor.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Maj wrote:Welp, that didn't take long. Really though, is it any surprise?
It's cool. He's being really nice about it.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=24
Pryde wrote:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=XAE781xmHLc

Here's the link to the youtube for those who can't down load it. I hope you guys don't mind eidrian/magnetro. Maybe it'll help take the bandwidth problem off of Preppy's site also. If you want, I can take this down.

This deserves front page. I'm gonna ask Wizard to post up.
Vega Omega

Post by Vega Omega »

That Spiral Teleport combo was bullshit. Too damn creative. Watched the whole thing in amazement.

If I need to pay money to get the .iso you just let me konw the paypal addy.

personal note: Dead dummy juggles hold a special key in my heart. I noticed that there are going to be more than just the Cyclops one that was shown. :D