Wacky Makoto combo - help needed

video previews, releases, and feedback
Goryus

Wacky Makoto combo - help needed

Post by Goryus »

vs. crouching, nearly stunned Q:

Jump in fierce, st. fierce xx jab hayate (hold ~ cancel), link st. short xx SAIII, link st. fierce xx jab hayate (hold ~ cancel), link st. short xx jab hayate.

I'm 99% positive this whole combo works. Problem is, I can't do it. :cry: I've gotten all of the individual pieces to combo (hardest is st. fierce after SAIII activation, is probably 1 frame), but putting the whole thing together has been a nightmare. I've been trying on my stick all morning, but haven't gotten farther than the second fierce even once.

Could someone who's familliar with macros give this a go, and see if they can get the whole thing together? I'm not looking for clips or anything, just confirmation that it works. :P
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Macros are an emulator feature and i don't think CPS3 is emulated yet. Maybe Magnetro will come to the rescue with his programmable pad.

Hey Magnetro, would you mind making a thread explaining how to use the ppad?
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Majestros wrote:Macros are an emulator feature and i don't think CPS3 is emulated yet. Maybe Magnetro will come to the rescue with his programmable pad.

Hey Magnetro, would you mind making a thread explaining how to use the ppad?

How come? Not a lot of people have the one 'we' have.
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

What brand do you use? I should get one. ^_^;
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Magnetro wrote:How come? Not a lot of people have the one 'we' have.
True, but it's the best one on the market, it's the one endorsed by combo video celebrity Magnetro, and it's the one everyone is going to be looking for. Plus it'll be helpful even for people who have other kinds cuz i'm sure a lot of the tricks and general info apply to every frame-accurate programmable controller.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/98517275
ozy says he thinks he's new so it is good condition.

What kind of tutorial should I make? Video? Gif? ? A SonicHurricane Members Exclusive!!

We need a logo
Maj

Post by Maj »

Um, i meant just make a thread in this forum. If you want to use visual aides, i'm certainly not going to object.
laugh

Post by laugh »

I don't know what ozy is thinking, but the exact same pad was listed at 3000 yen for months and nobody's bought them so far and it was brand new also. Just wait it out, man. I'm planning on getting the 3000 yen pad for myself, but I'd thought I should let you know about better ones out there.

There's a lot better item right now.
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e63654982
It's a used Ascii Stick 3 Ultimate but in good condition and working order with 2 days of bidding time left. Someone already put a bid on it, but expect it go go up to about 5000 yen range.
CC that shit
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Oh. I see. HMMM. My suggestion is don't get the ASCII stick cause its REALLY hard to push certain kinds of combinations of buttons. For instance if you want to press S1 and R1 you'll have to reach really hard or use two hands. If you use two hands you'll have a hard time flipping the action....Thats just one of many problems that come with the ASCII stick (for programming). So yeah, I would say the ASCII pad is definitely the best if you want to program with two controllers at the same time (watch my video for that kind of stuff). Good luck with all that.

As for the tutorials - I made 3 or 4 videos for people who have ppads...lol....They're old, AIM me or Maj for them. (ASCII V PRO PAD)
laugh

Post by laugh »

There's no problem flipping the side even when you want to play S1+R1. I don't know how you flip them when you do it, but you can flip the side by holding the RIGHT direction while pressing S1+R1 in this case, but you can also do the same by holding SELECT while pressing S1+R1. So you're never gonna have problems like that.

I'm interested in those vids though. I just figured out how to use the pstick by looking at the pictures and icons in the manual and some common sense. I'm trying to get it all translated eventually.
CC that shit
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

Alright, so, having been able to get my hands on a programmable controller, I was finally able to try this combo.

And the verdict is...it doesn't quite work, exactly as written.

Jump in fierce, st. fierce xx jab hayate (hold ~ cancel), link st. short xx SAIII, link st. fierce xx jab hayate (hold ~ cancel), link st. short xx jab hayate.

Even after cancelling the first short, you're still pushed about a pixel too far away for the second short to connect. So I'll have to adjust the ending to something else.
Maj

Post by Maj »

There's no time to walk forward during any part of that combo? Maybe after the super, you can inch forward just a little bit.

Are you thinking of making a 3S combo video?

Good job getting ahold of a programmable controller. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

Majestros wrote:There's no time to walk forward during any part of that combo? Maybe after the super, you can inch forward just a little bit.

Are you thinking of making a 3S combo video?

Good job getting ahold of a programmable controller. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Not really thinking of making a video right now, at least, not immediately. Just playing around with combos and saving up ammo, as it were.

The link after the super is 1 frame, I'm pretty sure, so no time to walk. It might be possible to take a very small step after each of the hayate cancels, though. It also might be possible to link something else after the hayate cancel (cr.mp?), if it's done quickly enough.
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

Kara-Hayate.

N
"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother