Yes
50%
No
33%

Total votes: 6

Magnetro

Magneto Tutorial Video

Post by Magnetro »

I'm too shy to make a thread on SRK FGD since I don't think the video is that awesome but a certain guile fanatic has pushed me into posting this. So, here's the video, I hope you get something out of it (like a certain Guile fanatic did) http://www.denjin-video.com/magnetro/magtut.mpg

upblast
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dude here's where the only thread mentioning that video was buried:
Shoryuken > Strategy Zone > Marvel vs Capcom 2 > Character Specific > Magneto

That's five levels deep! I know it's a little ghetto but nobody's going to blame you for that. Bottom line is that it's a helpful tutorial for one of the most exciting/flashy characters in MvC2. Lots of people will want to see this, especially people who don't play MvC2 aka people who never look in MvC2 strategy forums. It was a total stroke of luck that i found that video and i think combo video makers need to make it easier to find their stuff.
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

I'm not a big Marvel player, but I dabble a little. As a result, my Magneto sucks. Really, a lot.

That said, there was a lot of useful stuff in that video. I was aware of some of the basic mix-ups and the ROM infinite, of course, but I'd never seen many of the set-ups you showed, or the alternate infinites. Also, all the random tips ("listen for the grunt"..."sjc the lk immediately after pressing the button, like it was one motion") were very helpful.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I really enjoyed this video, I play mvc 2 with a really scrubby non-infinite, five-fierce fucking up style... So I really like it, thanks for all the tips. I found it incredibly informative for a relatively short tutorial video.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

See, now this is what a Tutorial vid should be like. This was actually really cool to see.

- James
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

jchensor wrote:See, now this is what a Tutorial vid should be like. This was actually really cool to see.

- James
are you saying my Dhalsim DVD sucked? :(
BB Hood

Post by BB Hood »

I dont hate magneto. I just hate a magneto with a psylocke. I still voted for hating magneto though..
+++++++=
+++++++
***+*
***+
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Oh well glad people liked it. ^_^ It has no help on how to play him vs people just how to do basic stuff, maybe there should be one for some other characters? In other games??