Interesting Combo/Glitch/Tutorial Videos

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: Interesting Videos brought to You by the Internet

Post by Maj »

Tons of cool clips by various people at this website:

X-Combo.com

Scroll down and click on "Movie" (or check out "Gallery" for a few cool-looking revamped classic character select screens). Updates are very rare on this website but it's all high quality stuff.

They are somehow related to this website:

KoFUnion Presents: DSGs

Lots of cool clips in their "Movie" section too, but they've stopped updating entirely. And their server kinda sucks so you might have to retry a bunch of times to get anything downloaded. Worth it though, especially if you care about the featured game.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

IaMP: Suika Ibuki, bullet cancel framegap traps

This is essentially how the point-blank bullet game in IaMP works for most characters.

Most bullets give large frame advantage and do lots of spirit damage and chip damage, so throwing bullets at the opponent while point blank forces the opponent to either 'move' or 'take the hit'. The opponent, can dash through these bullets that you toss. So you want to prevent them from moving by using a counter-movement option, and it will either succeed or fail depending on what direction you're covering and what direction they moved in.

In other words:

- if i throw a bullet in your face and you move forward while i cancel the bullet into a special move that covers forward movement, you'll get hit.

- If I throw a bullet and then you move upwards when I cover upward movement then you'll get hit.

- And if I throw a bullet and you don't move you eat spirit damage and I get frame advantage and can do it again.

It's really a universal concept in IaMP, everyone makes use of it except Hong Meirin (the low tier joke character).

There's another concept at the end of the video too that compliments this trap, which is delay chained melee. Basically you could either use a single melee followed by a bullet, or two melee moves in a row, or two melee then a bullet, or three melee moves in a row.

It's a mixup because if the second move is a bullet and you didn't move you get tagged by the bullets. And if the second move is a melee and you expected a bullet and moved you get tagged by the melee.

Edit: added this video here: IaMP: All Character corner traps and combos
Last edited by Xenozip. on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Never heard of this guy before, but okutabareo posted a 2nd Impact combo video captured from MAME. It's pretty good. Probably better if i just link to the SRK thread since everyone there is too busy watching wrestling videos to give him any attention.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Gouki vs Guy

Shinya powerlevel too high. It's like watching a combo video. :O
Maj

Post by Maj »

Alright, nohoho found an oldschool video that is nothing short of amazing:

Classic SF2 Video - Nagoyan by random old schoolers in Japan

It's divided up into a twelve-part playlist of approximately eight-minute videos. Supposedly it was made in 1991, which is absurd considering the sophistication of gameplay on display. They found a use for literally every single attack in the game. Some of it would even hold up in a combo video, and watching it gives me a ton of ideas for crazy combo setups.

On the downside, it's very long and way too much idle time goes by between rounds. It'll probably take me a week to watch the whole thing, but i'm definitely looking forward to it. A lot of what i love about fighting games is portrayed beautifully in these videos. That is, taking a character and finding a way to master every small advantage, formulate a plausible solution for every situation, and develop a truly adaptive fighting style.
Maj

Post by Maj »

CV has hosted a decent-but-not-great SFA2 combovid in crappy RealMedia format.

Last Cruzade by Saikyo Dojo and SFTeam

Most of it is rehashed standard fare, but there are a few cool variations to be seen. Quality and apparent effort vary greatly by character as well. Guy and Akuma stuff is good. Adon, Ken, Rose, and Ryu are alright. Charlie, Sagat, Gief, Chun are crap.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I don't normally pay attention to ST related business, but blip does.

He tagged these blog posts from nohoho

http://curryallergy.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... ction.html

http://curryallergy.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... -plus.html

They link to goodies, of sorts, posted on nicovideo.
Don Vecta

CMV Battlepage Extra Edition

Post by Don Vecta »

Hmmm I found this little baby quite interesting:

Battlepage CMV of 2002, performed by Q-Zero and Alexs from Korea and new starlet Nino from Brazil.

Options to download:

Zshare 1 and 2

Megaupshi--err Megaupload.

Rapidshit

For being a KOF 2002 CMV, one of the most abused and burned out SNK games around, was a quite creative video. Sans the Vanessa/Chris and the abuse of those Joe/Screenlock combos, the stuff is quite appealing and interesting. Of course, none of these set ups is useful in a match (lol, impossible to find anything versus handy in current CMV's everything has been told about it already), but for the creative mindset I'm sure you guys might approve.

It's a short baby with a very clean and good looking edition with no saturation or big shitty credits. Music is fine if you guys are metalheads.

Enjoy.
Maj

Re: CMV Battlepage Extra Edition

Post by Maj »

Very nice video, thanks for bringing it up. I love the Vanessa combos, especially the ones with backdash cancels - very stylish. Also really dig the Mai double FB combo at 1:41 and the crazy "you'll miss it if you blink" Kim combo at 2:00. The extremely elaborate Benimaru setup for the Yuri combo at 1:24 seems completely pointless though. Am i missing something? They also did a great job with the outro edit out of Daimon's dynamite stomp.

What's up with Joe? Seems like he's the most common combo dummy of all, and his vulnerable hitbox seems huge for no reason.

Btw can i merge this into the Interesting Videos thread? I don't mind if people make threads for their own videos but things might get a little messy otherwise.
Don Vecta

Re: CMV Battlepage Extra Edition

Post by Don Vecta »

Maj wrote:
What's up with Joe? Seems like he's the most common combo dummy of all, and his vulnerable hitbox seems huge for no reason.
Joe has a quite weird hitbox bug, actually. In fact, there's a point where hitting in a certain point will give you a sudden "counter" effect, which could be used to do even crazier combos (the only combo I did in MCU Revelation was exploiting this bug with Vice, so I was able to perform a qcb A, then juggle again with qcb B then jump CD... a fact that cannot happen if you don't hit in counter).
Maj wrote: Btw can i merge this into the Interesting Videos thread? I don't mind if people make threads for their own videos but things might get a little messy otherwise.
Be my guest. :)
Maj

Post by Maj »

That's crazy. So you don't have to do anything special? Joe simply becomes inexplicably fat whenever he gets hit?
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Yup, pretty much. He's one of those broke-ass dummies of KOF along with the everlasting juggle property of May Lee, Chris's fat-ass in 2002 (gets a lot of special love from Vanessa), Xiangfei's "stand up" property after a ram juggle (the one that sends her twirling vertically) in '99 and so on.

In most KOF there's always a defective character that has become a dummy in several CMV's.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Did anyone ever figure out who this taku0424 guy is and/or whether he's made anything since?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

^ Appears to be a hotmail email address at the bottom of the page. Maybe some one would volunteer translating a simple email?

On a side note, http://www.d-ken.net/ started blogging/vlogging videos from a SWR Japanese netplay tournament, the account they are uploaded to is serikamo.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nah that's too much work. Plus i probably tried emailing that guy years ago, even though i don't remember it. I was just asking if anyone here knew something already. No big deal.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Maj wrote:Did anyone ever figure out who this taku0424 guy is and/or whether he's made anything since?
isn't this guy part of that combo group with RX the urien player.... I forget what its called currently umm Tosaka or something...
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

DIdnt want to make a new thread for it, but keep your eye open for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FigY2jBags&NR=1

Its a CMV that will feature some Capcom games aswell. Its meant to be a range of fighters in this game.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh yeah, i remember mentioning that on this forum way back in January. I'd given up on ever seeing whole thing completed, along with that Chariot Card video too. Guess it's just another number on the long list of annoying things about combo video trailers. Still looking forward to seeing the actual completed combovid tho.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Maj wrote:Oh yeah, i remember mentioning that on this forum way back in January. I'd given up on ever seeing whole thing completed, along with that Chariot Card video too. Guess it's just another number on the long list of annoying things about combo video trailers. Still looking forward to seeing the actual completed combovid tho.
If you are referring to Robot-Hero's CMV that had that reenactment of J.Wong and Daigo in a2 style, yes i have been waiting for that aswell. I havent even seen him at CX for a long time.... Not sure what happened to him.

EDIT: I want to showcase my crappy entry to SDTekkens comp they had a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCNNfwcEqeE
Maj

Post by Maj »

Every once in a while i still see his name on the "Currently online" list at CX, but he never replied to the PM's i sent him on CV and CX. A quick search on CV led to a recent post with good news, but no details.

I didn't know about that SDTekken contest. That's kind of a cool idea for a competition. I liked your last Kazuya combo.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Thanks.

I didnt win but it was cool to enter. If i see him online ill try and get in contact with him.
Siedler Pompiani

Post by Siedler Pompiani »

Nevermind.
Uhuhuhuhu.
Last edited by Siedler Pompiani on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Aw, that's disappointing. What exactly did he do wrong? If those guys ever want to join us here, is there a reason i should turn them down?
Siedler Pompiani

Post by Siedler Pompiani »

Maj wrote:Aw, that's disappointing. What exactly did he do wrong? If those guys ever want to join us here, is there a reason i should turn them down?
I sent a PM to you about it.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wow, ok, those guys sound really shady now. Like i said earlier, i've sent him multiple e-mails and PM's but he's never once responded. It's unlikely that he'll ever come around here, but if he ever does i'll have a lot of questions for him before i let him register. Thanks for the heads-up.

Since you seem to have seen previews of their combos and you don't think any of them are good, i'll lower my expectations. Part of the reason i got excited was cuz it's so rare to see new videos with any CvS2 content, even though it looked like a generic O.Iori combo.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Got something fresh off the grill for you guys ...

K-6 presents Combo Vid No.2 by rKf

Four and a half minutes of 3S Urien combos with no programmable controllers in sight. Check it out if you enjoy any of the following:
1) low short xx tackle juggles
2) crazy elaborate meaty projectile setups
3) making sure your opponent doesn't get to push any buttons for 15 seconds at a time
4) insane charge timing
5) 8-bit intro music

Don't check it out if you are a fan of:
1) Ken
2) blocking
3) feeling like you're good at Urien combos
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

the video is down. Do you have it? I must watch.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Apparently the only way it'll work is if you Right-Click-Save-As using Internet Explorer. Other methods set off yahoo.jp's ghetto server-side link protection gimmick.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Man that video had sweet stuff.

Cr.lk xx tackle versus airborne chun-li.

The random uncombos with the aegis were hella weird. I don't think thats unblockable though : /

The true unblockables, especially the ones that are tech roll counters were hot shit.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, it's finally out ...

The Chariot Card by TranceJay and Robot Hero

It's a little underwhelming, when all is said and done. About 80% of it A3 combos and most of that is flippable combos, though they certainly put more effort into it than you'd expect. The Dramatic Battle segment is entertaining, no doubt about that. They have a single combo from a number of recent games that you don't normally see in these emulator-based videos, including MvC2, CvS2, CFJ, 3S, etc., but none of them stand out. There's not much to talk about apart from the Dramatic Battle stuff. What do you guys think?