What's the current state of this forum?

stay up to date on what's going on
Ryukenden

What's the current state of this forum?

Post by Ryukenden »

I login here occasionally and not much is going on. I didn't see any collaboration for Evolution 2015 last year. Ode to the 2-hit Combo #2 was proposed, but it seems the project is on hiatus. There are no signs for next collaboration. Maj is posting tips for Simpsons game on sonichurricane.com. What's the current state of this forum?
Doopliss

Re: What's the current state of this forum?

Post by Doopliss »

Ryukenden wrote:I login here occasionally and not much is going on. I didn't see any collaboration for Evolution 2015 last year. Ode to the 2-hit Combo #2 was proposed, but it seems the project is on hiatus. There are no signs for next collaboration. Maj is posting tips for Simpsons game on sonichurricane.com. What's the current state of this forum?
I don't remember the details, but Maj doesn't want to organize collabs anymore, I guess partly because his job is probably really demanding. Nobody else has the energy to do it either, so nothing happens. Ode to the 2-hit Combo #2 is on the shelf permanently, unless jchensor either feels he wants to step in and edit it or he's fine with having no part of it, and I doubt either of those are happening anytime soon. A lot of people here worked with SFIV (At least that's what most of the discussions on the forum were about), and with SFV being the kind of game it is we're pretty dormant right now.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Ryukenden

Post by Ryukenden »

Ode to the 2-hit Combo #2 deal was basically that we make videos for it, but it will maybe get approved by James Chen. Personally, I think 3-hit combo would have been a better concept. It wasn't done before and it's a still a sequel to the 2-hit cmv, as it's mentioned at the end of 2-hit cmv. I made Beat em up cmv thread over 2 years ago. If anyone wants to contribute there, they are welcome. If we get a momentum going we can make something happen. I don't mind being the video editor.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Personally my job keeps me really busy so i don't have much time to work on anything major anymore. But this forum will be around as long as you guys find it useful. Same goes for the ComboVid.com front page, although lately i've been wondering if there's a better use for it. Even just a twitter feed would be better than what it is now, if i could get people to tweet their video releases in a more standardized format.

Anyway a lot of this was built back when we were all very active making individual combovids and collaborating on group projects once or twice a year. Everyone seems to be busy doing other things now, or lost interest, or whatever the case may be. I'm okay with this place going through large periods of inactivity. I always expected that to happen between projects. I'm not sure how to avoid it without pestering people to be more active and that's never worked out well in the past.

But if any of you guys want to try something different or have any ideas, let me know and i'll try to help to the extent my limited free time allows.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

What I like about Combovid personally is that it's a great platform to post transcripts on. As long as that's still a possibility I'm all for any changes anyone can think of. Personally I can't think of any ways to change it other than to have people post more combo videos, from other people as well as themselves, making it a good place to find obscure videos and new CV makers. But since people (myself included) are either too busy to do stuff or have lost interest, it's a lot to ask of people.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen