USF4 Remix (USF4 pc mod) (now 1.0!)

talk about how great training mode is
anotak

Re: USF4 Remix (ae pc mod)

Post by anotak »

(hk).10(uf).6(f).(f).12(dmk).21(hp).19(hp).25

this is the script i have for the chun one. i fixed it by making headstomp force crouch on standing hit
anotak

Post by anotak »

error1 wrote:yeah that's the sagat one. He should be able to do it with hp and mp fireball too though so that won't fix it. I suspect he has another one with high into low tiger vs some crouching characters but I didn't look too hard
yeah, i found that as I was messing with it, added a 3 frames of recovery on all the standing ones. feeling a bit sad because i arrived at that recovery after a ton of gameplay testing but infinites gotta go. though thankfully this doesn't look very practical to setup ingame?

the crouching characters is a hurtbox delayed-meaty thing, right? if you look with frametrapped's hitbox viewer you'll see we put a much bigger more standardized box on all the characters during hitstun to try to prevent those types of infinites because they kept cropping up all our careful balancing

edit:
the bigger box around ryu here is the one we added, it should be much more standardized throughout the cast, no weird stuff with people leaning out of target combos and whatnot that sf4 struggles from
error1

Post by error1 »

viper has one with her hp tk seismic cancel. in ultra the high tigers can't hit crouching at all so hugo could duck them.
anotak

Post by anotak »

error1 wrote:viper has one with her hp tk seismic cancel. in ultra the high tigers can't hit crouching at all so hugo could duck them.
aaahh the horrors of working on a project for 5 years so you forget things. also hugo ruining everything as usual, character has been giving me a design headache since he was announced, because of all the infinites we had to fix (that weren't infinites until his huge hurtbox arrived)

when you said that about high tiger shots, i didn't even know what you were referring to at first. maybe 3 years ago, i added the 2nd much smaller box that doesn't have the dont_hit_crouch flag to the high tigers because i thought it was bizarre that some crouching moves that extend the hurtbox really tall were still making it whiff. think of gen's crouching roundhouse where he sticks his legs up in the air. this was way before hugo, and doesn't affect nearly every situation that's come up in gameplay. the tigers are pretty bad against hugo in actual play because he can just dash through them. but i guess i have to reexamine that whole thing in detail now

again, thanks for looking at this stuff.
error1

Post by error1 »

claw has a mvc2 vs hugo as well with jhp
Zeipher

Post by Zeipher »

error1 wrote:viper has one with her hp tk seismic cancel.
Could you give me the rest of this? I was looking for it, and I assumed it was HKxx HP seismo cancel since HK moves her forward, but that doesn't require tk?
error1

Post by error1 »

I did it vs hugo in corner
Lp,lp,mp,hp, hp thunder knuckle, cancel into seismic feint, repeat.
Probably other ways, but that was easy to automate since if you do it right she doesn't switch sides
Zeipher

Post by Zeipher »

Oh, I see now. At least I got another potential infinite, but I was definitely looking in the wrong place. Probably will have to make new scripts for those moves with no cancel.
anotak

Post by anotak »

we'll be putting out an RC3 real soon to correct these issues
anotak

Post by anotak »

error1

Post by error1 »

the sagat one still works, vs blanka at least, you just need to be farther back
error1

Post by error1 »

yang has one with his qcf +hp. in default stance
he also has j hk+ divekick vs hugo
edit: akumas demon super will freeze if you hit the throw on the landing frame
Last edited by error1 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
error1

Post by error1 »

juri has a really hard one
did it vs hugo but doesn't need his height or anything
j mp, qcb mk ( two hits ), j mp, qcb mk ( one hit ), dash
the one hit pinwheel has to hit meaty I think
anotak

Post by anotak »

oh, that's annoying about the sagat one, thought i had tracked it down properly. wtf, you're so good at this! :D

holy fuck! thank you so much for finding the akuma one, had a guy tell me in 2012 that "akumas demon flip super freezes the game" and i tried everything i could think of and no luck

we'll have a look at all this
error1

Post by error1 »

The air thow causing freeze is somthing I've ran into modding, it's why I knew the cause, proably due to speeding the move, so you need to mess with the physics or cancel window or somthing.
I think the sagat combo is only a few frame thing right now but fixing it the easy way will make it punishable on hit at close ranges.
Probably fairly safe if it's just cancelable into stronger buttons
error1

Post by error1 »

https://youtu.be/mdEyjgnF2D8
ibuki b+mk, qcb lk
anotak

Post by anotak »

thanks, we'll be on it
anotak

Post by anotak »

sorry, was busy the past few days, but we're almost done with all that, did you find anything else?
error1

Post by error1 »

No infinates, might want to look at ibukis f+lk, she can chain a whole bunch of them. Claw can throw his claw away twice mid combo and thats cool.
Idk how you fixed juri, but she might have something similar with her lp air fireball, but I didn't test it
What is the deal with blanka? Couldn't figure him out.
anotak

Post by anotak »

error1 wrote:No infinates, might want to look at ibukis f+lk, she can chain a whole bunch of them. Claw can throw his claw away twice mid combo and thats cool.
Idk how you fixed juri, but she might have something similar with her lp air fireball, but I didn't test it
What is the deal with blanka? Couldn't figure him out.
blanka has armor on a lot of stuff, mainly heavies (including the jumping ones). all his specials are hcb or dp so you can move around doing them. he can do air normals after a lot of the blanka balls
he's not much of a combo char but ingame he's pretty strong. his dash is particularly good and he has probably the best throw range in the game.

i was aware of the 6lk, because i remember testing if it was an infinite when i originally added it a while ago. i actually decided to change it to not chain to itself because Climax posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apjyAOIOlMw
also i think it's funny that he says "absurdly long loop" with spinkicks when you had just found that infinite lol

i'm not sure with zeipher did about juri's infinite but he did something
anotak

Post by anotak »

sorry about the delay, i've been busy with finals
http://www.sf4remix.com/usf4remix-rc4/

everything you mentioned should be fixed
anotak

Post by anotak »

so we did a 1.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRxeb8LusA
or here
http://www.sf4remix.com/ultra-street-fi ... -released/
thank you so much for all the help everybody! i can't emphasize enough how much the feedback here has helped, especially error1

now i might try to work on a combo video, here's a thought snippet for now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIauCGDLNME
Zeipher

Re: USF4 Remix (USF4 pc mod) (now 1.0!)

Post by Zeipher »

Also uh, Yang has an infinite with 5LP, 5HPF xx HP Elbow xx LK Cmd Dash, reported by DEClimax, so we know about that.
Unsure if we'll patch that atm (there will be a 1.1 later down the line with a bunch of extra stuff so we'll do it then.)

Hopefully it won't be a huge issue!
error1

Post by error1 »

Nice, went through half the cast, no new infinites
anotak

Post by anotak »

error1 wrote:Nice, went through half the cast, no new infinites
cool
that's good to hear

climax did another neat combo vid if anyone cares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o00sK1BTUWk
anotak

Re: USF4 Remix (USF4 pc mod) (now 1.1!)

Post by anotak »

ok really really hope 1.1 is the final version but here's a vid for everyone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJV9UrCtAo