Fighting Game News and Speculation 2012-2014

stay up to date on what's going on
ihate_00

Re: Fighting Game News and Speculation 2012-2014

Post by ihate_00 »

onReload wrote: ihate, will you be playing Ultra on Steam? I'm onReload there, feel free to add me. We can try combo setups in online training mode n stuff
.....due to my new government job I will be posted in a yet to be determined remote area of my country in a few weeks (for about 2-3 years), I don't know if I will have internet connection capable of playing online games there, if I do have that option, I will surely add you and would like to try combos with you.....just wish me luck on my job placement.....
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

UGH at the Rage Arts. I'm okay with the Power Crush moves, but Ultras in Tekken? My God.
Ultima

Post by Ultima »

Speaking of Namco, I hope Tekken x SF is canceled. Let them concentrate of Tekken 7 and maybe Soul Calibur VI. TxSF is a project that involves way too much work for too little reward.
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Namco has been working on too much content at the same time IMO, they had to work on smash bros, tekken 7, pokken... I guess that until they release at least smash for wii U and meaby work more on pokken they ain't working on TK x SF
Nueva tecnología!!!
error1

Post by error1 »

so sfV is a thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOMBc6E_MQ
really hard to tell whats happening with all the zooms and cuts
Ultima

Post by Ultima »

re: SFV

Other than the guard break, I'm not certain what I'm seeing. I can't tell if that combo to knockdown to OTG hit from Chun was an actual OTG or a SfxT floor bounce follow-up. But at least it looks relatively new and good. The teaser did the game a serious injustice by making it look like a barely better SFIV. Before the name reveal I honestly thought it was a trailer for Ultra SFIV on PS4 with a new stage. The SFV gameplay trailer made it look waaaaaaaay better.

We'll know more after Capcom Cup I guess.
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

After watching the trailer a couple of times I see that there are ground bounces, by the way if there are screen transition as some people say (wich I hope is not true) I hope that it leaves you in corner again, cuz if not you'll lose your corner position
Nueva tecnología!!!
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

It looks more like a SFxT ground bounce than a OTG.

So far I'm quite disappointed.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

pepopulo wrote:After watching the trailer a couple of times I see that there are ground bounces, by the way if there are screen transition as some people say (wich I hope is not true) I hope that it leaves you in corner again, cuz if not you'll lose your corner position
Probably just a post KO thing that starts you up in a new area for the next round.
Last_Window wrote:It looks more like a SFxT ground bounce than a OTG.

So far I'm quite disappointed.
SFxT groundbounces would be way more interesting than OTGs, so I'm not complaining. SFxT has the best combo system I've ever worked with, only getting beaten by SFIV because of how homogenized everybody's hurtboxes are in SFxT.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

Looks like KI may be coming to PC after all. I can't wait for GGXrd to do the same.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Whoa. SF5 to have Charlie with...Urien's 3rd eye?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Might be Shadow? Or at least a canon version of him?

error1

Post by error1 »

They have to put guile in right? I hope that means Charlie has a different move set. edit: wow the game looks slow, I can see why they did all those cuts in the trailer
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

error1 wrote:They have to put guile in right? I hope that means Charlie has a different move set. edit: wow the game looks slow, I can see why they did all those cuts in the trailer
I hope not. SFIV has made me SOOOOO sick of Guile.
Last edited by Doopliss on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:They have to put guile in right? I hope that means Charlie has a different move set. edit: wow the game looks slow, I can see why they did all those cuts in the trailer
I'm sure they'll speed it up...remember how slow MvC3 was when they first showed it? It was horrible
Ultima

Post by Ultima »

I'll be surprised if it's sped up much, if at all. They look like they want you to feel those hits. Could definitely use faster walking speeds, but as it is, I don't think it's slower than SFIV.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I'm down with Charlie (as long as he doesn't replace Guile). But Charlie better die in his SF5 ending. It's tradition!

Also game looks hella slow, and i'm shocked they replaced all of Ryu's normals. I guess his new c.MK looks sort of like the 3rd Strike version. Low jab looks crazy now. I kinda like it. New meter mechanics are kinda meh. Guess we'll have to wait for a proper overview of the systems. Considering their ghetto placeholder start screen, i'm guessing it's still pretty early in development.

Does anyone else think it's weird that the first footage of SF5 isn't a fancy cinematic?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I'm just glad we actually got something that matters instead of an animation of some kind.

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Yeah, Maj, the game looks slower than SFxT. I'm definitely feeling iffy about this.
Making no profit since 1987...
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Am I the only one who likes slow? Both aesthetically and gameplay wise.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Slow definitely has aesthetic advantages, because it gives animators more frames to convey startup, follow-through, secondary motion, and personality. But slowing down Street Fighter games has traditionally given turtle/runaway characters the upper hand, which is generally a bad thing. Anyway there are lots of ways to solve that problem and balancing is much easier in the age of patches, so it'll probably be okay in the longrun.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

Everyone's talking about SF5 and I'm just here sitting patiently waiting for another marvel game :(
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

wolverine-master wrote:Everyone's talking about SF5 and I'm just here sitting patiently waiting for another marvel game :(
I really, really doubt Capcom will make another Marvel game after all the problems with that license. I rather see a "Capcom All Stars" game with vs series gameplay. I never cared that much about the Marvel characters anyway (or Tatsunoko for that matter).

And I'm eager for Killer Instinct on PC :mrgreen:
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Last_Window wrote:...I really, really doubt Capcom will make another Marvel game after all the problems with that license....
Those games must sell really well though.