KoF99 New Record

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maiden Masher

KoF99 New Record

Post by Maiden Masher »

Hi. Athena's fireball record has been broken again.

Now with 13 psycho shoots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUqY0HaqRg

I hope u like it.
krusan

Re: KoF99 New Record

Post by krusan »

Impressive!
I guess that many more can be done (infinite?) in training mode, I am right?
Maiden Masher

Post by Maiden Masher »

Unfortunally not, because in Kof99 the armor mode is not infinite.

And I only made 14 counts now because I sent one psycho shoot counting before activate her armor.
krusan

Post by krusan »

So, if you interrupt Athena1´s psycho shoot with an Athena2´s "bugged" shining christal bit but Athena1 is not in armor mode, there´s no way to continue the combo...? I thought you could do it that way too..., but what you say completelly makes sense.
Maiden Masher

Post by Maiden Masher »

Well, it is possible continue the combo, but in normal conditions, you can hit the enemy only two times with Psycho shoot, because this fireball is one juggle and she needs some frames to recover herself to send another one.

When the Armor Mode is activated, the bugged athena2's crystal bit hits armored athena1 and stop her natural recover movement, allowing her to send another psycho shoot imediatly and control the timing to increase the count.

This is one example, my old record, I made 12, because I control Athena1's timing with her armor, hitting and reseting her movements 8 times with athena2's crystal bits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYUbdtRSkCg

In these 2 videos, you can see that when her armor is on, Athena1 can be hitted by Athena2's bugged crystal and resets her, allowing hit 8 psycho shoots, and without armor and more one crystal bit, she can send more 4 psycho shoots.

Btw, sorry, my english is not very good :P
krusan

Post by krusan »

Your english is good enough!
I´m used to the mechanics of Athena´s SCB bug and how armor mode works, while I´ve never used them for combo purposes. Your explanations made things clearier, anyway.
It´s nice to see people still giving shots to the older kofs. Keep it going!