SSF4 Dee Jay "Optimized" BnB and Juggles

video previews, releases, and feedback
Moony

SSF4 Dee Jay "Optimized" BnB and Juggles

Post by Moony »

I think I've dramatically lowered the bar with this release. Introducing a combo video so awful that it's shorter and lower quality as a complete, post-production product than most combo videos' pre-production leftovers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTTE49amhmY

I started with a character with limited combo potential from a game with limited combo potential, and I was careful to pick someone no one actually played. Then I found a computer that could barely run the game at minimum quality with no stages for a boring visual experience, and lowered the sound quality as much as I could. Emphasis was placed on ease of use over technicality to ensure the most underwhelming combos possible, rerecordings are minimal, timing between combos is inconsistent, and explanations are brief and lazy. Especially notable is the fact that much of it will be invalidated by the impending release of Ultra SF4, so the combos will no longer be practical while still not being technically impressive.

Actually, I have pretty limited resources where I am and where I have been for the last few years, and I haven't been able to make something in so long that I feel a little guilty every time I think about this site. Hopefully you guys get a kick out of this and I don't just waste everyone's time then get banned by Maj.
Maj

Re: SSF4 Dee Jay "Optimized" BnB and Juggles

Post by Maj »

Haha i liked the one-hit MK upkick into s.HK juggle. I didn't know Dee Jay could do that.

The combos were a little basic for my tastes, but making the video short and concise is always a good way to get away with that.

Hopefully USF4 will give you guys some new toys to play with. If nothing else, having 750-stun SF4 Seth back will produce some new opportunities for the post-AE characters.
Doopliss

Re: SSF4 Dee Jay "Optimized" BnB and Juggles

Post by Doopliss »

Hopefully Edition Select willl be compatible with training mode though, otherwise it'll be a pain to work with.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen