Can Akuma combo HK to Raging Demon in console version of 3S?

talk about how great training mode is
Ryukenden

Can Akuma combo HK to Raging Demon in console version of 3S?

Post by Ryukenden »

Urien and Elena are only 2 characters in 3S on which Akuma cannot connect HK>Raging Demon. Can someone test if Akuma can connect HK>Raging demon in console versions of 3S? I already know that there are a lot of different stuff between console and arcade version of 3S.

If answer is yes, I know how to beat Maj's 3S Akuma combo challenge. If answer is no, I can only create 24 hits combo.
SofaKingAC

Re: Can Akuma connect HK>Raging Demon in console version of

Post by SofaKingAC »

Just tested on PS2 Anniversary Collection port, which is the only one I have at the moment. It works just like the arcade version. For what it's worth, it doesn't work on Gill either.

Out of curiosity, what was the challenge?
Ryukenden

Post by Ryukenden »

Land 25 hits without juggling opponent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVa_7htNYs

There is also Dreamcast version. Maybe it will work there, but I doubt it.

My combo goes like this:
Do Shakunetsu Hadoken, so that it hits Urien's Aegis Reflector, goes back at Akuma and resets him just after he has done KKZ (which must hit Urien 9 times), and then connect HK>Raging Demon. Everything connects except Raging Demon.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Doesn't KKZ launch? I don't really understand this combo...
onReload

Post by onReload »

i'm guessing he means to start with 99% stun
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Ah wait if you whiff the 1st hit then KKZ does 9 hits and keeps them grounded, yeah I think this combo should work.

I just gave it a shot, it's tricky to set up the spacing. Basically Akuma has to be some distance away from Urien to get the 9 hit KKZ, which means you don't have a lot of space to set up the trade. The hard part seems to be doing the trade and still being far enough away to land far.HK. I might give it another shot later tomorrow.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

But isn't that a 200% meter combo?

EDIT: Oh, the challenge allowed that.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

I vaguely remember trying something like this a long time ago, but then quickly gave up because HK>demon didn't work. Not sure if there's any other solutions aside from the whatever into HK>demon then uppercut super.
onReload

Post by onReload »

i don't think dudley's rose can knock akuma out of KKZ, but if he could...you could do a 7 meter combo (with dudley starting at 99% stun) of KKZ, maybe juggle a bit afterwards, when he stands up, j.fireball, land, HK->Raging Demon, OTG Uppercut Super
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Ah without dizzying is one of the requirements. I tried trading with the rose, doesn't seem to work, but you don't even need to do that. http://youtu.be/dqJFehO6lQg
onReload

Post by onReload »

ah damn. also, i just realized it would have to be the way you did it right there anyway, since you can't knock down. damn restrictions
Ryukenden

Post by Ryukenden »

That one is a lot better than original response. Good job.

Anyway, in my combo, Urien blocks first hit and releases block to get hit 9 times. In my 24 hit version, instead of HK, I combo with c.LK, st.LP>HP SRK>SA3. Unfortunately, if you don't cancel into SA3 after first hit of SRK, Urien will be too far away for SA3 to hit him with all 12 hits. After a lot of testing I figured Akuma can connect c.LP, c.LP>Hadouken>SA3. Because of Super freeze, Hadouken somehow connects after c.LP. It's still 24 hits, but it contains new combo.
Ryukenden

Re: Can Akuma combo HK to Raging Demon in console version of

Post by Ryukenden »

I got it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6iG47I5Uw

I found a way to combo 12 hit SA3 and 4 hits before that. It was stupid of me not to include Aegis Reflector first time I tried to solve this challenge. First I tried to combo MP>HP target combo, but it was hard to get hit by Aegis Reflector at same time as Akuma's HP hits Urien. So I used close MK instead. After that, you can link c.LP (1 frame), and cancel into 2 hit HP SRK>SA3.
CPS2

Re: Can Akuma combo HK to Raging Demon in console version of

Post by CPS2 »

Such an elaborate setup, very cool :)