Community Drama

stay up to date on what's going on
onReload

Re: Community Drama

Post by onReload »

i feel like the indiegogo thing wasn't promoted enough, i totally forgot about it after the initial announcement. It was posted by inkblot on January with no image and minimal response...i think if they were more aggressive and posted on the forums about it, it would have went better. maybe.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

So this is pretty insane...
http://youtu.be/odldZSir2y0
A MK player named James (not really familiar with this guy) ranting about Triforce and Perfect Legend, but he does it while eating a rockmelon, drinking wine, smoking, and acting like he's in the mafia.

http://youtu.be/0Q6o_dxgtrc
Triforce's response.

Some great comments on the first video...
EmpireArcadia wrote:Seriously Speaking...SERIOUSLY! This is not a joke. James....you should look into acting. SERIOUSLY! All jokes aside.
ceogaming wrote:Please don't be staged, please don't be staged, please don't be staged.
Maj

Post by Maj »

onReload wrote:i feel like the indiegogo thing wasn't promoted enough, i totally forgot about it after the initial announcement. It was posted by inkblot on January with no image and minimal response...i think if they were more aggressive and posted on the forums about it, it would have went better. maybe.
I'm not even talking about the indiegogo campaign. That's over and done. I'm just talking about how this show they're doing is going largely unnoticed.

But since you brought it up - posting on SRK forums used to be a great way of getting 500 people to read something and post a few responses. But if you're trying to raise $20k, forums are basically irrelevant. It's all about front page converage, which happened exactly once over two months.

Anyway it's easy to look back on it now and say it was doomed from the start, but we had no way of knowing that. BBTG got over 200k views on u2b and we only needed 1k of those people to contribute $20. Instead we got exactly 7 people contributing and over half of them were friends and family.

I just feel bad that they're still trying to make an entertaining show for the FGC, even after the FGC collectively turned their backs on these dudes, and they still can't get any love from SRK/etc. I felt the same exact way when the Dogface Show was barely getting a couple thousand views per episode. It's crazy how much effort goes into these things and how easily they can get overlooked.

CPS2 wrote:So this is pretty insane...
http://youtu.be/odldZSir2y0
A MK player named James (not really familiar with this guy) ranting about Triforce and Perfect Legend, but he does it while eating a rockmelon, drinking wine, smoking, and acting like he's in the mafia.
Wow, the MK community sure is colorful. I don't even know what to say. Honestly i enjoyed the hell out of that video, but i hope it doesn't lead to anything serious enough for me to regret condoning it.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Jeez, I don't know if Gootecks could have been any more vague about his leaving Cross Counter, except for the part where he genuinely says "fuck you" to some mysterious watchers. In a way, I'm glad it's over some kind of drama and not just that Gootecks doesn't want to do it anymore; I remember when he was talking on that early cut of I Got Next, talking about how he wouldn't want to work a regular job, and wants to keep doing this kind of thing as long as its fun, so...Here's to hoping that's not the case.

So, the real reason why I post this: Anyone know what the hell happened? Is it this stupid behind the scenes shit with EMP that was brought up on WSRK or something?
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

All i've heard is that complexity fired him for being stoned at final round, and there's videos up where he does look pretty smashed, and that would also fit with the "fuck you's" if someone ratted him out, but apparently complexity denied firing him.

edit: just saw the tweet from complexity, yeah it doesn't seem too likely they had anything to do with it.
onReload

Post by onReload »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=549

Delicious Fanatiq/Keits/UFGT drama.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

onReload wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=549
Delicious Fanatiq/Keits/UFGT drama.
It seems like Keits puts a lot of himself into the event, but taking stuff like that personally is probably only good for getting ulcers.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah, it came off as a bit overdramatic. Though Fanatiq was too quick to get upset and talk shit.

I thought he lost his sponsorship?