MvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

talk about how great training mode is
Rufus

Re: MvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Rufus »

Does anyone know if the Hsien-Ko item throw infinite has been patched, or is restricted in some subtle way? I just tested and couldn't replicate it on my Xbox360.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

jamheald wrote:Did anybody know that Chun-Li's taunt hits?
Yeah, I believe I saw it long ago.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

A while back someone told me you could tech throw Galactus's clap move, I'm pretty sure I did it for the first time yesterday, but was only half paying attention, wasn't really looking at the screen :lol:

Are there any videos out there of this? I haven't seen any.
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

Did anybody know that you can use Storm's lightning sphere to extend post TAC combos a fair bit, this is what I have from an up TAC:

M-H xx dp+L, L-H xx u+A+A, H xx qcb+S L-H xx dp+L, L-H xx u+A+A, S
Raine

Post by Raine »

Mmm I've seen Fanatiq use it at lot in matchvids. Didn't know you could land two of them though, that's pretty cool.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

From what I've noticed, this game was meant to prevent "normal attack infinites". Meaning, no rom, no relaunch infinites, no air combo infinites, etc....
Instead it made an old, but rare kind of infinite resurface. The "Special Move Infinite"
As far as I can remember, the only 2 characters I knew that could've done this was Akuma and BB.Hood.
Now those are the only kind of infinites you find in this game.
So I'm hunting for them now.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

wolverine-master wrote:...
Now those are the only kind of infinites you find in this game.
So I'm hunting for them now.
There are probably more infinites that use a 'ground interrupt' (like the Super Skrull one).
Are there any DHC glitch infinites?
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Rufus wrote:Are there any DHC glitch infinites?
There are if you allow TAC's as well. I'm not sure if you can build the required 2 bars and DHC glitch infinite without TAC's.
wolverine-master

Rufus wrote:There are probably more infinites that use a 'ground interrupt' (like the Super Skrull one).
Are there any DHC glitch infinites?
Yea, but they use meter.
I usually find infinites in every game I play.....this one is taking too long....lol.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Does anyone remember what were the changes related to the characters (not glitches) up to the current version (I beleve it's at ver. 1.03 right now?)? All I remember is the Sentinel health reduction and the removal of the Spencer corner loop.

The PS3 I'm using at the moment is ver. 1.02 and my friend doesn't want me going online with her PS3 so I can't update. I think the SRK wiki only gives patch notes up to ver. 1.02.
Raine

Post by Raine »

They patched the Captain America infinite at some point, that's all I can remember.
wolverine-master

Capcom is mad lame.
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

There were some special move based infinites in MvC2, like Tron's or Anak's.
wolverine-master

Anakaris doesnt have a special move infinite.
krusan

Post by krusan »

I may be missing something but, how is it that in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zngvS3KU2FU Zero is used as a striker TWICE? Any explanation? I vaguely recall reading something (probably here) about Joe combos with bombs that allow to call the same striker twice in a combo too. Is it related? Thanx.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

You just have to dhc back to your point (first) character, then you can use the same assist twice.
krusan

Post by krusan »

Ah, thanx! Didn´t know that piece of info. So,do I have to DHC back to my point char or can I hard tag into my point character during the combo too? And, does this mean that,theoretically, a combo using twice each striker can be done?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I didn't even know there was a limit to how many times you could use an assist in a combo...
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

You can only use 2 assists in a combo, I believe the restriction is that you can only use A1 once and A2 once, so if one character is used as A1 then again as A2 that's fine.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

krusan wrote:Ah, thanx! Didn´t know that piece of info. So,do I have to DHC back to my point char or can I hard tag into my point character during the combo too? And, does this mean that,theoretically, a combo using twice each striker can be done?
i'm not sure if you can hard tag or tac to get back to the point character... worth messing around with :)
krusan

Post by krusan »

What jamheald says sounds logical too. I may spend some time exploring it. Thanx to both.

Edit: After some little testing (and maybe this was already known) it seems that, during a combo, you can use once assist 1 and once assist 2, never (at least in normal conditions) more than 2 assit atacks, but it doesn´t matter what character is in the "assist 1" and "assist 2" position, what matters is that you can use once each assist "position" so, if you somehow change positions, you can use twice the same character as an assist if it´s used once in each "position". Hope it´s all understandable.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Just such an awesome find, and what a way to debut it!

You know what's weird, that was literally the only thing I saw on the stream today. I tuned in right before it happened :) I have luck like that tho, the first 8 on the break stream I watched was the one with the Noel Brown / Smooth Viper fight lol.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Has anyone come across any combos that use suki cancelling? I can't think of anything off the top of my head but there has to be some cool application for it in MvC3.
error1

Post by error1 »

I brought it up when the game came out and it is possible, but there isn't that many moves that can be jumpcanceled, unlike mvc2 where everything could
rogueyoshi

Post by rogueyoshi »

i'm pretty sure dante can abuse suki cancel pretty well... i can already picture him having a semi infinite with just Stinger > Bold Move (suki cancelled) x N. im not sure what the ideal moves to use for proximity guard would be though
onReload

Post by onReload »

you could test it for a short while on something like joe's bomb, right?
Raine

Post by Raine »

Hmm is it really possible? I was just trying to set it up then, but I couldn't find anything that will actually trigger proximity blocking. Seems like your character will only enter blocking animation when an attack would actually hit them.
anotak

Post by anotak »

as far as i know marvel 3 doesn't have proximity block ever, that's part of the reason dormammu's unblockables are so effective is that you can still walk backwards into a flame carpet, and why jumping back is so much better at getting out of slower lows than on mvc2 where it would stick you in place for trying to do it