Interesting Combo/Glitch/Tutorial Videos

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Post by Maj »

For the past week or so, CV has been releasing all kinds of crazy Marvel videos by Dj-B13, Shin-Chan, and others. This one is actually kinda ghetto though:

Meikyousisui MST by meikyo

So i have one question. Why does everyone always use that ugly pitch black stage in MSF? Something special about it? (This is the same question, just rephrased because i felt like it.)

But i lied - i actually do have a second question. Is this video actually good? Cuz it looks hella low budget by usual meikyo standards.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

well if i remeber right that version of the game is way different from the arcade version (you could do cancel supers into supers? and other random stuff)

I thought the black stage was just for training mode and it made it so you could actually swap out characters or some such... But I'm not positive.

Also the low quality is probably cause the game itself is pretty ghetto. PSone just couldn't handle the power.
Maj

Post by Maj »

This one's not a combo video and it's not even a combo unless you believe in such a thing as one-hit combo. But it is undisputed proof that breakdance fighting is a legitimate martial arts threat! Eddie has that move in Tekken.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

I´m not a cruel person but that was so funny to me. damn parents need to keep an eye on their kids.
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's like that line in Mallrats where Jason Lee goes, "Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator." Same damn thing applies to breaking circles.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

A SWR demonstration match video - Reimu vs Aya part.1 is up on YouTube of Touhou Hisouten - Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, the next Touhou Suimusou - Immaterial and Missing Power game.

It would appear that SWR is mostly an upgrade to IaMP, thus a sequel to it. If you're unfamiliar with IaMP you can see some Japanese match videos here on sibladeko's YouTube page. Or some combo videos for IaMP on w8shy888's YouTube page.

If you have no idea what's going on; IaMP is a PC game with netplay support, and the game plays like a mini-GuiltyGear. It's a fighting game based on the Touhou shooters (shmups) and is supposed to be a cross between a shooter and a fighter. You can dash through projectiles, but dashing leaves you vulnerable to physical attacks, so the concept of the game is to zone and control space until you're able to bait or trap your opponent, then high/low mixups into rushdown okizeme (similar to MvC2 but without assists). The new SWR game, being a sequel, is expected to be very similar.
Last edited by Xenozip. on Thu May 24, 2007 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'm sure by now, everyone has seen the StarCraft 2 Live Stage Demo. But for those who haven't, there it is.

I didn't watch the whole video, I guess that means I'm not Korean (har har).

But from the looks of it they were just trying to make the game look extremely pretty before actually trying to make it balanced. All I have to say is they better make the balance spot-fucking-on, or Korea will nuke us. Since gameplay balance > aesthetics.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Never been a huge fan of starcraft, thoguh I own the game, but this demo was really exciting stuff. Iwonder if the change will be jarring enough to let ppl like me get in on the game before the level goes up too high ^^
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Another video of Touhou Hisouten - Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (SWR) has appeared on Youtube. This one, however, was put up by Tasofro themselves and can be seen here. The game is still in beta form and the ETA is still unannounced.

Sibladeko has also begun adding another Japanese tournament from Tohgeki 2 for the prequel game (IaMP) to his youtube page. I've also started putting up #iamp casuals on my youtube page. And I added some playlists to my page which can help navigate through a lot of my vids.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

First watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9swbN50bFxs
Then watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7hyK_q1Ng

The first video is a promotional video for a Sims game. The first song is "Rodeo Machine". Second one is "Screw the Plan". The band is Halfby. And the video maker is Groovisions.

The second video is a live action improvisation done in Akihabara.

Also, this is old, but I love it anyway:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gicTEKbczxw
Maj

Post by Maj »

These two got posted on SRK in the Combo Videos thread. They are tight!

SFA3 Dramatic Battle Lvl6 Combos by Ryuthe Wanderer and his brother
SFA3 Dramatic Battle Lvl6 Combos Pt. 2 by Allen and Brian (their real names since that's all i can find on the mystery brother)

The first video is way better, but the second video has some funny subtitles. Makes me miss Xerocrew for some reason. The combos at the end of the first video are dope though. OTG after Raging Demon and the Vega/Vega combo with the air grab after the air grab super. They hella overused that air grab super in the video though. I'm sure jchensor has some crazy R.Mika duo combos written down in a txt file somewhere.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

It's too bad that all they really do is just land two Level 3's at the same time. They don't do much WITH that idea outside of just showing all possible combinations of it. And they mostly do it with only those delayed Supers, which means Vega's gets abused a lot. Funny thing is that I've used that glitch long ago in the 2-Hit, though it's not anywhere near as obvious that's what happens.

They don't seem to be aware that with even MORE perfect timing, you both can actually do Level 3's even WIHOUT delayed supers. If you both just happen to hit your button activations at the same time, both of you do Level 3's. I've done it with my friend a couple of times, though it happens on accident for the most part. But it is entirely possible.

- James
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

ArmandoXIII has posted some IaMP combo videos that are really sweet.

* Patchoui Basic Combos and Guarcrushes

* Yukari Basic Combos

Something I found interesting about the first video is that he showed reliable guard strings that did enough damage to the opponent to break their guard, which is similar to what we see in CvS2 or SFA3 in regards to guard-crush CC/VC strings.

Second video I thought was pretty cool too. The more I see combo clips being released without any real editing or titles/credits or any kind of production, the more I like them. Then again I <3 content.

If the content alone is enough to make the video good, meaning the content speaks for itself, then video editing can only make a good video turn awesome. I like the idea of generating quality content, making it into a good video clip/reel, and then turning it into a video production with a little editing.
Maj

Post by Maj »

HF Blanka strategy vid totally blew me away. No real editing to speak of but the Ghettovision logo was awesome and he certainly delivered on it.

YGGBU Presents: Blanka Impossible by Decoy

As for the content, i really liked that first clip and also the Neck Twister clips. Both of those would totally work on me. I never really understood why HF Blanka was scary until now.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

What a coincedence, cus I never understood HF....
not funny.. ok anyway, I like the video too cept for the MI soundtrack. is it me or did some of the clips have the blackness surrounding the screen replaced my some moving blue super-background-like animation? if that's the case, that sure counts as editing in my book.

EDIT:
omg I'm a noob, that's part of the game's screen.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

To be honest, there wasn't much in that video that feels really... Hyper Fighting Blanka-ish to me. Much of the tactics shown were pretty gimmicky and felt very specific to that situation. In fact, I think one of the Combos he showed wasn't even a real combo. And a lot of the tricks he showed don't make much sense... unlike Honda in Super Turbo, Blanka's Veritcal Roll VERY rarely turns people around. You can almost always block it in one direction. So there's no cross-ups you can do with it that hit the majority of the time.

I dunno, none of the tactics felt authentic to me. *shrug* Of course, now Decoy will be invited and read this post of mine and all I"m doing is being an asshole to him. :-(
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'm really liking this IaMP combo video

It's particularly interesting because the combo designers were really stretching and pulling for some interesting links and juggles. It really reminded me of some expert CvS2 and MvC2 stuff. A lot of the stuff in there is like "whoa, that works?!".

:D
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

BigBang Beat stuffages I made.

- BBB Kunagi Combo Clips (01)
- BBB Kunagi Combo Clips (02)
- BBB Kunagi Combo Clips (03)
- BBB Senna Combo Clip (01)
- BBB B-Escape and B-Counter Clips (01)
- BBB Kendo Combo Clip (01)

Hahaha, don't ask me why I'm playing this broken ass game. I guess I just kinda like dicking around with the combo system in training mode. :D
desk

Post by desk »

some people have completely destroyed yoshi's island on the snes. Completeing the whole game in about 6 minutes.

http://tasvideos.org/916M.html

Not sure if many peeps are interested in this but I recently just finished playing through this again on the GBA and the warp glitches in the vid are messed up. So I thought it was pretty sweet..
omni

I go by the name of Balrog....

Post by omni »

Maj

Post by Maj »

Way too good. Someone needs to send that dude some B4 tapes to show him that people do pick Rog. Not just people but champs!
fullmetalross

Re: I go by the name of Balrog....

Post by fullmetalross »

wow thank you. That was amazing. Now I'm gonna have Gigaton punch stuck in my head all day.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

"We aren't here to battle you. We just wanna welcome you to Shadowloo."

Best rhyme in the whole song. :lol:

- James
Maj

Post by Maj »

This Tekken 5 combo video was mentioned on kysg's website:

project HeadHunter by SpaceMan, Velone, Akira, Incognito, Double H

I've been having a lot of trouble downloading them cuz their servers suck, but the u2b version works fine.

Dunno much about Tekken but the editing in this video is amazing. That whole last segment blew my mind. How were those even done? As far as i remember, the combo counter doesn't show up during replays, plus the instant replay doesn't go back far enough to show the beginnings of all of those combos, does it? Wtf?
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

switching between replay and regular footage is pure awesome. Extreme props to the editor of this video. Soemtimes there were jsut too many slowdowns. There's this section in the middle where every combo slows down at the start and at the end, I found that annoying. Other than that I think the editing is really good. The headhunter idea was a nice touch, though there were a lot of combos that ended in a 'headshot' that weren't counted. Anwyay, the ending credits gave me goosebumps as I was thinking, a Tekken movie should have this kind of 'cool' vibe.
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

Replay for middle of combos = kill the person with the hits you care about, and just show that bit. Ya?

Mike Z
Maj

Post by Maj »

So i guess every combo was performed at least two times - once in training mode to get the middle and once in versus mode to get the ending replay. I'm guessing some of the longer combos were performed a third time, killing the opponent with the first couple of hits in order to get the beginning replay.

Actually now that i think about it, there's a chance that some of the combos weren't even finished in training mode. Cuz it would be possible to fake the ending since there's no combo counter and no lifebar, plus the perspective change is disorienting enough to make it difficult to verify distances/positioning.

I doubt they would do that though, cuz nobody would be dumb enough to come up with such a cool idea and then taint it with fake combos.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Maybe i simply never noticed it before, but i'm pretty sure this is new: T-7's movie preview page

All of that CvS1/CvS2 stuff has gotten old, cuz he's been rehashing the same combos in various VHS/DVD compilations for years now. But take a look at the KoFXI stuff. That game seriously looks like Marvel now. The Clark wacky hijinks are tight!
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Kinda interesting, might be really old though.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/God-Of ... -1871.html
Maj

Post by Maj »

This thing is so awesome: Super Monkey Ball Highlight Reel by Shawn Jones

Never played the game, never seen the game, never even heard of the game, but it's a helluva entertaining video. I'm also really happy that someone found a way to use that song in a way that actually fits a game video.