My work internet blocked off SH.com

stay up to date on what's going on
laugh

My work internet blocked off SH.com

Post by laugh »

So I went to work yesterday only to find out that they've hired a private internet filtering company to filter all of our connections. I was ok with torrent websites (not the torrent itself) being blocked and srk being ultra slow, but having this very website blocked as well puzzled me. I bet I'm the only one who visits SH everyday in the entire country of Korea. These guys (the new company hired to block off websites) don't know half of the websites they've blocked.

It was a sad sad day.
Last edited by laugh on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CC that shit
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

Wow, that's amazingly depressing. =(

This puts a real crimper in Maj's plans for world domination.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Now that is an accomplishment. Worth 2 points at least! From now on, anyone who gets SH banned at their workplace gets 1 point. Not that i'm saying you should try. But if it happens, at least you get something good out of it.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Goryus wrote:
This puts a real crimper in Maj's plans for world domination.
lolololol

Did you try all those websites that unblock the sites?

x264 love
laugh

Post by laugh »

I already have a webproxy that I use everyday at work, but I really don't want to log onto anything while I'm on those proxies.

I'm still looking into the 59.94 thing btw. I'll let you know when it's all good.
CC that shit
laugh

Post by laugh »

This is crazy. As of right now, there is absolutely ZERO blockage on the internet connect at work. I tested all of my usual websites that used to be blocked (they all work) and I even tried some blatantly obvious candidates for blockage aka hustler and it still went through w/o a problem.
CC that shit