SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

video previews, releases, and feedback
Smileymike101

Re: SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

Post by Smileymike101 »

Omg i love a comment:
Backseatdog wrote:I use to do these combos online awhile back, not too bad of a video though.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Snoooootch wrote:I had just laid in bed when I looked into my subscriptions and saw TACV. I jumped out of bed and clicked! Rewatched it like 13 times now. :)
13 times?? Haha dude i'm sorry for keeping you awake for like an extra hour. I feel bad now.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

It was worth it!
Making no profit since 1987...
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Great Sagat TACV, very surprised you hit an EX Tiger shot after a cross up EX Knee... Also does LK Knee to LK Knee work on everyone crouching, or just particular characters? I'd be curious to know if it does more damage than the typical hit confirm in to TU or MK/HK Tiger Knee
Maj

Post by Maj »

Actually it's MK Tiger Knee to HK Tiger Knee. It works against about half the cast, but you usually have to sacrifice one light attack to stay close enough. The first Tiger Knee can be LK or MK, but i haven't found anyone that doesn't duck under the HK version. All the normal versions have the same startup, so the second one can be anything.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Btw error1, if you want to record another Sagat combo - he can juggle full 10-hit ultra midscreen by dashing after his MK super. It has to be a juggled super though, like after DP or TK or F+HK or whatever. I just left it out of my video because like i said, there's only so many ways to combo into super before it starts getting repetitive.

Maybe you could try something like blah blah xx HP DP (FB interrupt), whiff F+LK xx HK Tiger Knee (one hit) xx MK super? You can get four or five hits out of the super, depending on the dummy character. I got five on Rose in the Sagat video so she's probably the perfect candidate.
error1

Post by error1 »

that seems like a good combo, did you try interrupting his ultra with a fireball any?
Maj

Post by Maj »

I've only tried interrupting the last uppercut but otherwise it didn't seem too promising. I guess you could do it for damage but you lose so many hits that i just didn't see the point. If you decide to try it, good luck finding something interesting.
error1

Post by error1 »

so how come srk hasn't posted this yet?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

They seem to have limited what's going on there, cause nothing posted on eventhubs that's not BIG news has NOT been posted on srk. it's weird. Oh, and I dont know if what I just said made sense. :)
Maj

Post by Maj »

All of their front page people happen to be out of town or otherwise indisposed this weekend. Keits is running UFGT7 and i think kineda is attending, along with just about everyone else. Eh, sometimes chaos wins. It might get posted when they get back home, or it might not. Doesn't really matter.

edit: Yeah when you've got inkblot or Ponder posting tournament news updates, you know nobody's home.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Although i can't find the exact post in this thread - i know that somewhere along the line i mentioned that i'd probably make an entry on Sonic Hurricane to work on Seth's TACV via open discussion. Here we go:

SF4 Seth Combo Development

It'll probably waste twice as much time as it'll save, but whatever, it's worth a try.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hey i really appreciate the comments you've all posted on there. I haven't had much time to work on the video, but it'll get done one way or the other. Even if i can't find anything particularly interesting, i'm still hoping to finish by the 22nd.

To be honest, i wasn't really expecting much out of this little experiment. Just figured it was worth a shot, in case there was anyone out there with crazy advanced ideas to share. If any character is going to attract the combo minds of the SF4 generation, you'd kind of expect it to be Seth. Anyway it was pure curiosity on my part, but it seems to be going pretty well so far.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

haha im sure you will show something cool, as always... WTF? 5000 posts Man? wow :shock:
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah I noticed that this was his 5000th post and he didn't plan to commemorate it himself! ...and I was going to congratulate him by getting him a fine-toothed combo
Maj

Post by Maj »

Quick update: There's no way this ...
Maj wrote:Even if i can't find anything particularly interesting, i'm still hoping to finish by the 22nd.
... is happening anymore. Had to spend all day at a hospital because an immediate family member got a vertebrae compression fracture from a fall this morning. Luckily it's only a hairline fracture, but that means lengthy recovery period, lots of pain, and no real treatment except pain medication. So that's what i'm dealing with this week.

The next two months are gonna suck, but maybe i can still finish Seth by the end of June. So much shit to do before Evo ...
onReload

Post by onReload »

Obviously being there for a family member takes priority over a CV release date, or anything for Evo, and we've never held you to a deadline, dude...so if you finish anything for the Summer season, that's awesome, but I think we can understand if it all gets pushed back. Hopefully the member of your family makes a speedy recovery.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah i know, these things happen. Just letting you guys know what's up. Don't let it weigh on your mind.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

So now that EVO has come and gone, do you plan on continuing with seth now? Or do you plan on waiting a while? :)
Maj

Post by Maj »

Need about a week to wrap up BBTG obligations, but next week i'll definitely start working on Seth. I'm actually really looking forward to getting that video done and overwith. (And a little curious how it will turn out.)
error1

Post by error1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSo0_HpjmBU
yeah AE Seth is definitely a better dummy for this combo
Raine

Post by Raine »

error1 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSo0_HpjmBU
yeah AE Seth is definitely a better dummy for this combo
Awesome.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

So I have noticed every first combo on each of your sf4 tacv, you do a simple combo. Now, I have an idea for a seth combo. It can work on dhalsim. Here's the bit:

Setting: Middle of the stage, if not, closer so Seth's side of the corner.

Combo. Lp sonic boom, interrupted by a crouching medium punch by dhalsim. Seth teleports towards sim and does a crouching heavy punch. Then he jumps and hits dhalsim with the first hit of the medium punch, which leaves him in juggle state. Here is when the lp sonic boom hits dhalsim, leacing seth to recover fast enough to combo in 3 stomps, then dive in for his super.

I know it seems like a long shot, but I believe it's possible... SOMEHOW. I'll try it as soon as I get home, and I'll let you know if it works.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Snoooootch wrote:So I have noticed every first combo on each of your sf4 tacv, you do a simple combo. Now, I have an idea for a seth combo. It can work on dhalsim. Here's the bit:

Setting: Middle of the stage, if not, closer so Seth's side of the corner.

Combo. Lp sonic boom, interrupted by a crouching medium punch by dhalsim. Seth teleports towards sim and does a crouching heavy punch. Then he jumps and hits dhalsim with the first hit of the medium punch, which leaves him in juggle state. Here is when the lp sonic boom hits dhalsim, leacing seth to recover fast enough to combo in 3 stomps, then dive in for his super.

I know it seems like a long shot, but I believe it's possible... SOMEHOW. I'll try it as soon as I get home, and I'll let you know if it works.

that's not bad, but are you aware tha Seth can do that VS E.Honda without assistrance of a sonci boom. (he can do jump MP in to stomps)

I do have some ideas for Seth combos. However, if i recall correctly, Maj didn't intend to finish this as his new work constrains his time, as well as there being substantial Seth footage in the collab combo video.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Pokey86 wrote: Maj didn't intend to finish this as his new work constrains his time, as well as there being substantial Seth footage in the collab combo video.
I was not aware of this. I may just save it for me and mike's next AE combo video. And I'd love to see your ideas, pokey! lol, I was toying with seth earlier today. I managed to get 2 dashes out of this, so with a pre set up to it, and an U2 at the end whiffing a hk dive kick, I'm sure it could work for a stylish combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZUkvwdM9o
Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh i'm gonna finish it. Sometime before SFxTxKoF2 comes out.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

A friend approached me on PSN the other day and told me he had a tip for a combo for the Seth TACV. I dont know if it'll help, but here's what he emailed me:
Alright so here is the deal...

You may or may not know this (ill assume you don't but you most likely will but anything to try and be a part of the community you know?) in Sf4,SSf4, and SSF4 AE this glitch will work with almost all fireball characters.
In vanilla, seth was able to sonic boom past the opponent, ultra then have the sonicboom stun him right? well this is glitch works something like that. I don't know how to count frames or any of that advanced stuff but I found out you can hit someone with almost any attack if you hit them almost immediately after they get stunned....

VIDEO EXAMPLES OF THIS(sorry for low quality, im getting a capture card soon so quality should be better)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDnu4TFVWXs (sakura)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5owhAstkmN0 (akuma)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej9Sx9eMnOI (ken)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYIM0Ug28OA (and ryu)
All of these showcase what i mean pretty well, but what surprised me the most is that the full animation of some of the ultras specifically sakuras, followed through leading them to be stunned afterwards as well. With seth I found out that if you do his spin kick right after say a sonic boom hits the opponent, it will follow through with all of the hits. afterwards the opponent will still be stunned as well. I don't have a video example up at the moment but i easily could within say 15minutes but hopefully. the point of this glitch is too keep hitting the opponent while there stunned building meter etc and still be able to combo afterwards. The one problem that i've encountered is pulling this off mid-combo. im iffy on whether its even possible or not to do it mid-combo due to the huge startup of the spin kick, the fast speed of even the lowest sonic boom, and the extremely small duration of which you can hit the opponent when they get stunned. Hopefully maj can toy with this idea and possibly find a way to pull this off mid combo through some crazy setup of some sort but if not, im still glad i could at least contribute something. Thanks again for hearing me out and tell maj i say good luck with the video!
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

I already recomended this somewhere... (Legs with the boom hitting late, i worked out required spacing to pull it off)

the problem with it is comboing in to it, or the lack of viable ways to do so. Unless Maj decides to split the clip in to two combos (like one of his multi-combo runs Balrog vid has one for example)

---

Theoryfighting the only way i percieved that Seth might be able to pull this off is if he combos a character in to Hyakaretsu, trades with a fireball -> Then, presuming that the hyakaretsu trade glitch provides enough time, back jump at the precise spacing to do a Sonic Boom -> FADC -> Hyakaretsu. Where which the boom causes dizzy, displaying two Hyakaretsu glitches in a dizzy combo.

But the flaws here are rediculous, this is theory fighter garbage at its best.

- you need a slow fireball character... Or enough time to do a combo that causes enough stun to nearly - But not - Dizzy the opponent

- Seths fireball does 50 Stun, with scaling these mean dizzy has to be very, VERY precise

- timing for fireball to hit after legs is very specific.

- I have no idea if the Hyakaretsu trade glitch lasts long enough to set up the hyakaretsu Dizzy glitch.

- Legs trade glitch scales, but does not do full stun, i'm almost positive it does no stun.

- If you want to Boom -> FADC -> Hyakaratsu then you have to conserve 2 bars of EX whilst still doing the high stun combo.

If i were to hazard a guess on a combo that might work - Being a real long shot - I'd go for:

Back jump VS a Sonic Boom -> FADC -> Teleporting Seth

Jump in HK -> Close HK -> Close HP -> Sonic Boom -> FADC -> Close HK -> Crouch LP -> Legs =/= Trade =/= Back Jump -> Boom -> FADC -> Hyakaretsu -> Boom Hits = Dizzy = Whatever

In Stun figures that's: (including scaling of course)

200 - 200 - 160 (560) - 35 (595) - 120 (715) - 25 (740) =/= Trade =/= Sonic Boom = Dizzy + Hyakaretsu finish

But for that to work it's a lottery win, everything has to just fall in to place.

----

I have enormous trouble setting up fireball tricks manually, if anyone else does that shit manually, i haven't a clue how.
error1

Post by error1 »

Snoooootch wrote:A friend approached me on PSN the other day and told me he had a tip for a combo for the Seth TACV. I dont know if it'll help, but here's what he emailed me:
Alright so here is the deal...
it was known
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NadAipFN ... page#t=74s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJy_QfJ4 ... page#t=15s
I don't think I had seen the akuma one, but I think desk told me he did it
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Yeah, I know we all knew about these for the most part. I think he was hinting more of the idea behind it. There may be something new through toying with this idea. I mean, I figured most likely that Maj would use the sonic boom, fadc, U1, dizzy glitch, but I'm sure there is more.