Programmable Controller Issues

reference materials and general how-to information
error1

Re: Programmable Controller Issues

Post by error1 »

it's some kind of ps2 to usb adapter? If you can get your laptop to recognize it and have bluetooth http://diy-machine.blogspot.com/ might be an option
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote:Awesome, i signed on PSN for the first time in forever to look up the new SSF4 costumes and upgraded to PS3 firmware v3.56 because why not? Now my Hais converters don't work at all. They light up and blink but the PS button does nothing, so the controllers don't function anymore. What the fuck Sony?
I can probably put together some PS2 -> PS3/Xbox360 compatible converters if you don't care about them looking pretty.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, let me try a couple of things first. I need to send these fools an angry email, if nothing else. And if it turns out that the iNPiN converters still work, this might be a good excuse to pick up a couple. Either way i probably won't have any free time until next week, if that.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote:Well, let me try a couple of things first. I need to send these fools an angry email, if nothing else. And if it turns out that the iNPiN converters still work, this might be a good excuse to pick up a couple. Either way i probably won't have any free time until next week, if that.
No worries. I actually have the parts on my desk, and they're not designated for any other projects right now.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Maj wrote:Awesome, i signed on PSN for the first time in forever to look up the new SSF4 costumes and upgraded to PS3 firmware v3.56 because why not? Now my Hais converters don't work at all. They light up and blink but the PS button does nothing, so the controllers don't function anymore. What the fuck Sony?
Was it a mistake or did they intend to screw 3rd-party devices?
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

Moreover, SCEA does not support continued functionality of counterfeit or unlicensed controllers in system software updates and these devices may cease to function in the future because of system software updates.
http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts
onReload

Post by onReload »

counterfeit or unlicensed controllers
...as well as software/hardware they made only a few years ago. What a bunch of fuckin' amateurs, though I'm sure there's going to be workarounds...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Apparently when people are unhappy with Sony's updates, they look for ways to "jailbreak" the firmware. But that option is neither available for the current version, nor is it something i want to consider.

I asked the sympathetic-yet-unhelpful customer support rep if there was a way to roll back the update and he said no. He also wouldn't tell me if this was going to be restored in the next update, or when the next update would be released, or whether the change was intentional or accidental.

I'll probably end up getting those iNPiN adapters, though i'm certainly in no mood to give Sony another $40 for imaginary clothes.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

ok, so i have this: http://p.lefux.com/61/20100107/A0541000 ... -Cable.jpg
but the same problem as always, my ppad doesnt light up.
but what if i connect the converter to this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V3 ... 89850H0GO2
and plug it into the xbox and use a male to male usb cord and plug it into something like this: http://www.oriongadgets.com/images/ac-a ... hite-1.jpg would it light up the stick?

i hope you guys understand what im trying to say.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

wolverine-master wrote:...I hope you guys understand what im trying to say.
You're going to unplug the XBox360 controller, and plug in a powered line? Are you sure the XBox won't shut you out?
You may end up cooking something if you do that...it may also work. USB is not designed to handle that sort of topology.

I'm guessing you don't know whether the PPad LCD runs on the 7.6 or 3.3 V line?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Your best bet might be to plug it into a Rock Band USB hub because those things come with an external power adapter. If you're not getting anything showing on your LCD screen at all right now, then that'll definitely help at least little bit. Plus it's safe, which is nice.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote:Your best bet might be to plug it into a Rock Band USB hub because those things come with an external power adapter. If you're not getting anything showing on your LCD screen at all right now, then that'll definitely help at least little bit. Plus it's safe, which is nice.
I'm pretty sure I can build a pass-through power booster.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

to use with the device i already have?
if you can help me program combos for xbox360 that'll be great.
price?
anyone willing to sell a programmable controller? the buttons on my stick are starting to annoy me.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

wolverine-master wrote:to use with the device i already have?
if you can help me program combos for xbox360 that'll be great.
price?
anyone willing to sell a programmable controller? the buttons on my stick are starting to annoy me.
I can build a PS1/2 -> Xbox360/PS3 converter, which would be about $60 in parts. Not sure how that does vis-a-vis powering the LCD.
The power booster would probably end up being another $10-20 in parts. I haven't priced it out.