Challenge 08: Manual Maximum Spider

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Challenge 08: Manual Maximum Spider

Post by Maj »

Choose any game from the entire Marvel series. Perform a combo that involves switching sides with the opponent five times for one point, or ten times for two points. We'll start counting after the first hit of the combo. However, any single move that innately switches sides with the opponent more than once does not count towards the requirement. I'm talking about Maximum Spider, Sabertooth's slash super, Colossus' Giant Swing, Ruby Heart's energy ball thing, and so on. Though if you get any of these moves to switch sides only once, then it'll count. One accepted entry per person.

Bonus point: Never repeat a side switch sequence throughout the entire combo. This criteria may be a little subjective but as long as you make a genuine attempt to create a different setup at each step, you should be fine.
Magnetro

Re: Challenge 08: Manual Maximum Spider

Post by Magnetro »

ok here's mine. http://zachd.com/magnetro/IronMan.Senti ... .Combo.avi

im not sure if the first cross-up after the sj should count as two cross-ups since i switched in the air and on the ground. also, i think i should get the 3 pts, the moves are the same but the situations leading up to them aren't.

P.S. this was fun to do...it wouldn't have been had i not used the 100% technique though. The combo took less than 1hour to program! ^_^
Maj

Post by Maj »

Awesome, that's exactly the kind of thing i was hoping for. Worth three points for sure, though i'm gonna have to take your word on the bonus requirement. But you deserve a bonus point for the Guile ending regardless.

Yeah, the 100% technique is dope when there are no superfreezes. In fact i bet it would be a life saver for elaborate non-repetitive CvS2 Customs, as long as you weren't planning on doing anything fancy after the super ender. It would be perfect if you ever wanted to pass on the super and end the custom with an air throw or normals/specials for dizzy or anything else.

Can't wait to see what else pops up in this thread. Personally i've got my fingers crossed for some COTA/MSH action so my OG eyes can keep up with the acrobatic madness.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Hella ghetto submission ahead beware!

This is ghetto cause I could have done it ten times. Hell I could have done it forever, but I didn't feel like figuring out the correct way to program it. Plus it's late and I don't want anyone else to figure out my hella ghetto idea first! So I'll submit this and get one point even though magnetro has more points! But perhaps I will resubmit and get another... I need to go find a copy of 3s for my computer so I can record this idea I have for the other one... yay.

*youtube is being a pain in my ass so I had to up it to my ftp* Sorry for no sound. I still don't know why hypercam wants to use my MIC as the main sound input.

http://web.pdx.edu/~koehl/stuff/Maximum ... totype.avi
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hah, when you say ghetto, you mean ghetto. The point is yours sir. I'll add it to The Score later this week.

So you hooked up the programmable stick to your PC and you're using it to play emulated games?
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

yes. But the there is weird lag, that makes it hard to program, so I did that by hand.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Weird. Does the lag only happen when you add an emulator to the mix?
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Yeah, Im pretty sure its the emulator causing things to get out of whack. I need to hook it up to my computer through my adapter and test it with the joystick config utility. Program in a sequence and then let the sequence play out and see if the timing looks right. Otherwise I haven't had any problems with the stick. I'm just having trouble coming up with combos that warrant programming!
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

I have no capture card, so I hope these count as entries even though they were all created well before the contest started.
Bonus points for having worlds-first discoveries in the combos and not being tool-assisted? :^P

MvC2 combos 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y07OftQ48w
New! The Morrigan infinite [edit - at 1:15]. 5 reps + ending. All the same side-switch though.

MvC2 combos "Next": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adipiAMyFFs
Anak/Tron/Gambit combo at 1:25...starts on left:
1 - Gambit super on right wall
2 - Tron tags in to left side
3 - Anak tags in to right side
4 - Ruby crosses back over Anak, Anak launcher is done from left side
5 - superjump cross-under back to right side
6 - Gambit super off left wall

More MvC2 combos, yawn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAMsN6MgWc
First combo, starts on left. Funny story - I actually tried to include as many sideswitches as possible in this combo when I made it.
1 - Sabretooth Wild Fang switches sides (twice, but only counts 1)
2 - short facing right->c.rh facing left
3 - Berzerker Claw X
(possible 4 - Wild Fang again)
4 - short facing left XX Berzerker Claw facing right
5 - the Berzerker Claw itself, hah
6 - Berzerker Claw X done from right, hits as crossup on left
7 - the Berzerker Claw X itself, hah
(8 if you count 2 Wild Fangs)

Colossus combo at 00:45
1 - Colossus does RH shoulder XX delayed super, the 2nd super hit places colossus in the corner
(can be shown if you let the super finish)
2 - DHC Jugs in (now outside the corner)
3 - Headcrush always pops them backward
4 - 2nd Headcrush
5 - 3rd Headcrush (Jugs is still the point character)
6 - Blackheart hit pops them back over Jugs (Jugs on left side)
6.5 - dash fwd into corner for the tag to come out correctly
7 - tag, Colossus ends up on left side

Last combo, at 1:42
1, 2 - Jugs tag comes from right, lands on left, Ruby flies back over to left side again
3, 4, 5, 6 - multiple Headcrushes

I don't even know if you can enter more than once, but it was fun to go find these. Hehe.
Mike Z
Maj

Post by Maj »

You can enter more than once but i only the highest-scoring entry is tallied, which seems to be this one:
Mike Z wrote:MvC2 combos "Next": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adipiAMyFFs
Anak/Tron/Gambit combo at 1:25...starts on left:
1 - Gambit super on right wall
2 - Tron tags in to left side
3 - Anak tags in to right side
4 - Ruby crosses back over Anak, Anak launcher is done from left side
5 - superjump cross-under back to right side
6 - Gambit super off left wall
One point for 5+ side switches plus one point for avoiding repetition. That last Gambit super is probably a repeat, but the combo contains five solid consecutive crossups without repetition so i'ma ignore the ender. The other clip that comes close to earning two points is your Sabretooth combo but that super was actually one of the specific examples i listed as not counting more than once.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

hey
i have one
this is my video, so of course the combo was done be me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oClrhPPZ0o
check 2:00 spidey vs psylocke
Maj

Post by Maj »

Looks good sir. Definitely qualifies for a point, which i'll add to the totals next weekish.
wolverine-master

thank you sir
wolverine-master

hey...crappy quality, but i did it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCG20EJdZ78