Relaunching obot64.com for a specific purpose

stay up to date on what's going on
obot64

Relaunching obot64.com for a specific purpose

Post by obot64 »

I haven't been on this site in ages, good to see its still going strong!

I don’t know how many of you will feel about this but take a look at obot64.com

I've decided to use my old website as a marketing tool. There are a lot of people who watch our vids, and enjoy what we make. But there is no concrete way that vid makers can really reach the video watchers. It is true forums exist, but there are hundreds of forums and its easy to miss a video, or for a video to miss its target audience.

Enough is enough, right?

I'm short on time right now (due to workign 60+ hours a week) but I think I have a solution.

Did I give enough direction in this post? Bombard me with questions (after checking how I’ve re-molded my websites front page).
Majestros = Combo Motivation

Can I get an Ode to the air throw?
Maj

Post by Maj »

I'm a little bit confused. What are we signing up for? Is this like VidOp video news?
obot64

Post by obot64 »

I'm confused too. I haven't quite decided what the significance of signing up is, will be our could be. For now it gives people access to my site. I can also e-mail people when I update my site.

Int a videos in your mail box kind of way.

fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

hmm well this could be good, but how much bandwidth do you have? can you host more stuff like some of the things that our illustrious members are working on? Should we write articles? I don't quite understand what the marketing aspect of this is really, or the community aspect. But hey I signed up for now I love cvs 2 and so do you so yay!
obot64

Post by obot64 »

I get 300gb hosting space of transfer a month... and i can have up to
3,000 GIGS of Transfer per month....

Articles seem like a great idea. Should I officially finish converting my site to a blog? I started back in February. That could be something interesting if people have a lot of projects that they'd like to post and write about.

fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I guess it would depend on who you got to write them. I like the idea of having a place to find good cvs 2 info. I think the hardest part would be actually getting peple to go to the site though and taking it seriously, it seems like often times if buk or ohayo ain't saying it it's not real to people.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

fullmetalross wrote:it seems like often times if buk or ohayo ain't saying it it's not real to people.
LOL. so true. I think articles might work if you they're well written and contain infor people care about. I used to have this idea for a wiki-like site where I could put up theory fighter ramblings and more interestingly: break downs of match videos. I tried my hand at it one time to disect the famous Kuroda v Justin Wong match, but then I read it back and I thought it sucked. The whole idea fell to pieces, but I guess I'm saying, maybe you could try that too.

PS. I think finding people that will write articles on a regular basis is probably hard enough as it is.