onReload

Re: MvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by onReload »

was WONDERING when you'd drop in
error1

Post by error1 »

@trag
get some sleep first, you must be recording mvc3 24/7 to keep up that insane combo video a day pace

edit: best infinite ever
http://shoryuken.com/content/hsien-ko-s ... aled-3770/
Maj

Post by Maj »

trag wrote:I like combos.

I like SH.

I like maj.

I'd like to contribute here more but I'm still trying to finish these damn "Apprentice Combos" videos. Once I'm done, I'll be back with all my notes! I really like the stuff you guys are coming up with and your testing methods.

<3
You had me at "Re: MvC3"!

Do you have anything planned after the Apprentice videos?
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

error1 wrote: edit: best infinite ever
http://shoryuken.com/content/hsien-ko-s ... aled-3770/
Holy shit!!! That was a stylish infinite! I would never imagine that you could control the item launched... The timing between every dizzy star is the key, right?
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Some interesting set ups for the QCB+PP of Haggar ( grab hyper). I think its a 1 frame grab, because when the super freeze appears, you cannot jump.
If you do A->B->forward C-> QCF+B, all is combo ( 4 hits). But, if just before the last hit you make a supercancel with QCB+PP Haggar grabs the enemy. The correct timing is just when, after the 3th hit you supercancel while the "yes!" title appears on the screen. Its not a combo with a grab, and you can still jump before the hyper, but you must start to jump before the superfreeze, and if Haggar dont do hyper, just continues with the combo, you cannot jump. I found that there is a rather strange timing in this set up ...
You can also do A->B->forward C->DP+B (whiff) QCB+PP, but in this case the DP+B always whiff...
error1

Post by error1 »

can you grab after a dizzy? I don't think you can after a crumple stun, guess it would be silly for she hulk if you could
Persona

Post by Persona »

error1 wrote:can you grab after a dizzy? I don't think you can after a crumple stun, guess it would be silly for she hulk if you could
You can grab after a dizzy, and the hit counter will combo.
error1

Post by error1 »

anyone know if you can suki cancel in mvc3? might be funny with a sj tk ball, telleport setup vs Jean
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Woah, suki cancel, so hard... Which would be the best way to test it? Maybe with Sentinel drones? I dont remember any vid showing a suki combo yet. We must test it...
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Tigre III wrote:Woah, suki cancel, so hard... Which would be the best way to test it? Maybe with Sentinel drones? I dont remember any vid showing a suki combo yet. We must test it...
MODOK's got some stuff that stays on the screen seemingly forever, but doesn't go very far.

Also makes me wonder if there are self-interrupt combos using Viewtiful Joe's bomb assist.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Mmmm the Joe s bomb assist hits the two players? Im sure its possible then...
This game has a lot of bizarre combo posibilities, using assists, x-factor, different hitboxes, bugs... its pretty crazy.
I think that on way to work could be the 3 hyper team combos. If you combine some fast and some slow hypers, when your hyper ends you can move freely while the other two are still on the screen. And there are a lot of set ups for connect the 3THC, like, for example, after the normal grab of Thor (works nice if Iron man is on your team). I think that if you use Thor ( main), Iron Man and Amaterasu, Thor ends before the other two, and you can connect QCF+PP ( or launcher, or...)
anotak

Post by anotak »

what i've observed in matches but cannot 100% verify:
you can cancel launchers to ground block but I don't think you can do it from the same ranges as mvc2 because the proximity block appears to have a range unlike mvc2.

however there are much fewer jump cancellable moves and no sjc-able moves except launchers

i also dont know if blocking actually stops/slows jump startup, I dont think it does.
Maj

Post by Maj »

There's this really early TvC Ryu combo by jchensor that involves Joe's bomb assist as both an interrupt and a combo hit, but what makes it special is that TvC still had the one-assist-per-combo limit (i think). MvC3 doesn't have that restriction, and there's tons of ways to set up delayed interrupts.

The only advantage to Joe's bomb assist is that you can call him as late as you want. Unfortunately it gets less useful as the combo progresses because hit stun keeps getting shorter, and it's not exactly a quick interrupt.
error1

Post by error1 »

he actually mega crashes the hitstun from the bomb, I wonder if the hitstun it causes you also gets shorter
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

What's TvC's system to prevent infinites?

On topic: We can't combo into throw in mvc3?wtf?
trag

Post by trag »

Hi all!

error1: Yeah, I've been going to bed at 4-5 am every night since Marvel 3 came out. Not so bad until you realize I have a day job. LOL!

maj: I have a few things planned but who knows if I'll get around to them. I want to do a big video for EVO but the amount of work that would need to go into it is colossal, to say the least. I've already capped close to 300 things for MvC3 and I have pages of notes for more stylish/advanced/craziness that should be in a video. Just not sure if I'll have the willpower to see it through!

Anyone else have anything planned? I'm actually looking for someone with pro editing experience. I'd like to do something really cool for my next big video (haven't done anything complex since the Sarah Bryant video years back).
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

error1 wrote:he actually mega crashes the hitstun from the bomb, I wonder if the hitstun it causes you also gets shorter
Hmm...wonder if you can do the 'alpha counter' against your own V-bomb, and what that does to combo scaling etc.
error1

Post by error1 »

Smileymike101 wrote:What's TvC's system to prevent infinites?
the American version has hit stun scaling like mvc3, any player may also megacrash out of a combo for two bars. It still has infinites, but there really only infinite if the opponent doesn't have meter
spookydonkey

Post by spookydonkey »

trag wrote:haven't done anything complex since the Sarah Bryant video years back
sarah bryant since vf1, i must see this pronto :!: :D

oh & as to not be 100% offtopic:

i have still yet to land an armorpiercer followup to bionic arm. more specifically this is the exact combo ive been trying. the 11th hit armorpiercer after the 2nd bionic arm.
ive tried so many angles, spacings, & timings... all to no avail.
anyone? :?
ewige blumenkraft!
Maj

Post by Maj »

That Sarah video was awesome! I think i posted it on ComboVid too ... here it is.
spookydonkey

Post by spookydonkey »

i enjoyed that to the fullest. thanks 8)
ewige blumenkraft!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

spookydonkey wrote:anyone? :?
Looks to me that they have to, like, fall ONTO your bionic arm.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
spookydonkey

Post by spookydonkey »

yeah, ive had the dummy land on it as such.
then tried armorpiercer early, then late, then super late, then mashed it, then tried to kara it off a h.attk @ the previous intervals.
no luck... im probably doing something blatantly wrong :oops:
ewige blumenkraft!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Or it's just a ridiculously tight timing.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

spookydonkey wrote:im probably doing something blatantly wrong :oops:
Same dummy?
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Some hypers that cannot be continued normally, can continue with combo using the correct set up. It seems that have a common pattern. And works better with "hit zone hypers" like Super skrull Inferno, Wolverine Fatal claw, or Thor Mighty Tornado. In some cases, like with Mighty tornado, you can simply do another Mighty tornado after the first one, because this hyper can create a weird "float state" if dont connect all the hits...
Im bery bad with english, sorry, im uploading to youtube a vid for audio/video test, maybe I can explain it better if you can see some examples...
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

that is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpqdixTXTQ

Please forget the guetto song, i needed a song for the audio test and that was literally the first one that i found...
Persona

Post by Persona »

spookydonkey wrote:
trag wrote:haven't done anything complex since the Sarah Bryant video years back
i have still yet to land an armorpiercer followup to bionic arm. more specifically this is the exact combo ive been trying. the 11th hit armorpiercer after the 2nd bionic arm.
ive tried so many angles, spacings, & timings... all to no avail.
anyone? :?
You most likely have to do the jp S as early as you can because that will make the opponent higher by the time you land for the ground combo into super. And for the super, best to delay it a bit so you gain even more height for the opponent. I would like to tell you if that 100% works but for some reason I have a bad habit of doing the qcf S too early after the second super and nothing comes out haha. But from what I noticed of Captain America flying after the second super, he sure did fly high in my combos.

If that still doesn't work, then I'm assuming it's the height of the OTG grab but that shouldn't play a part since you still have to do the jp S at the correct height unless the height of the OTG grab determines how far it pushes Captain America out of the corner (like the higher the wall bounce, the further he falls out of the corner). But I think Spencer has a fixed height animation when OTGing the opponent but I can't notice from the naked eye.

EDIT: I tried the first set-up (without all that OTG grab stuff, I just did tigerknee OTG grab) and I started mashing the L button after the second super and even though the L is so slow, it started to come out when Captain America was at about chest height, and since the qcf S comes out near instant, I'm assuming it would combo (I just suck at timing it).
Tigre III wrote:that is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpqdixTXTQ

Please forget the guetto song, i needed a song for the audio test and that was literally the first one that i found...
For the Wolverine combo, is it possible to connect a Weapon-X after the second super? Maybe SC off his Tornado Claw. And after that, dash in and do OTG attack into x-factor cancel and continue a combo.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Persona wrote: For the Wolverine combo, is it possible to connect a Weapon-X after the second super? Maybe SC off his Tornado Claw. And after that, dash in and do OTG attack into x-factor cancel and continue a combo.
I tested that, and it seems didnt work.
The problem here is the "ground bounce credit" used before the second Super. You can SC the Tornado Claw into WeaponX from the ground because the first hit of the Tornado makes a "mini launcher" state for connect the rest of the aerial Tornado hits. When you SC the first Tornado hit with WeaponX you connect the hyper while the char are in that "mini launcher" state. But in this Wolverine combo, after the two Fatal Claw your "ground bounce credit" used makes the WeaponX not combo, because the "mini launcher state is not strong enough.
But that is just what i want to explain, you can evade that "ground bounce credit" using a special with air hyper SC, because no air juggle system is involved, only a special->SC hyper. Its a direct combo, does not imply a char state that spent it after having repeated several times. Its only an assumption, but i think that its possible to connect 3 Fatal Claws, or even more...

edit: I found a way to connect 3 air Hyper Sentinel ( and one more on the ground) using a similar way, seems it works.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Why the fuck is akuma's dive kick OTG random?It either is random with it's ground bounce, sometimes it grounds bounces the opponent, other time it INSTANTLY end the combo(if you try to super cancel it, for example, by the time the screen flashes, the combo counter is already gone), or I am completely surpassed by this engine.
Is the otg relaunch of the dive kick REALLY random?