Everything YouTube

question anything pertaining to the craft
Keiko

Re: Everything YouTube

Post by Keiko »

That's the cool thing about Twitter...you can use their new layout but if you dont like it you can come back to the old classic Twitter layout, wich is cool to me, and it has been this way for at least 4 or 3 months.
The new Facebook layout really annoys me, it's ugly as hell, i didnt want to use it, i was using the old layout but yesterday they forced me to have the new one...well...same with Youtube, it doesnt dislikes me at all, but the old layout was way more user friendly.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Maj

Post by Maj »

Alright, what's the best way to get a video removed from u2b?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMGAASgcSR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMsLIBc5LaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6zNG8WUpi0

This shit needs to go. I've already sent him two messages (to all three of his accounts) and gotten no response whatsoever. It's been two weeks, and he's definitely logged in and uploaded stuff during that time.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Wow, that's pretty shitty, bro. I commented on part 3: "kman234, go home and be a family man. Maj's got this. "
Making no profit since 1987...
error1

Post by error1 »

try flagging it
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Wow, that's quite a chuck of views.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I tried flagging it, but it's up to maj, cause it's his stuff. It sent me to some form I had to fill, but It seemed like too much work, and my night class was about to start. haha... spanish class.
Making no profit since 1987...
error1

Post by error1 »

83 till or any of the musicians could flag it too, might mean more to u2b strangely
Maj

Post by Maj »

I vaguely remember someone telling me that they figured out how to get videos removed almost instantly, but that was a long time ago so i don't remember who it was. I'll keep asking around for another day or two, then randomly start pushing buttons.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

I know one u2b user was filing copyright charges against people who edit his videos and upload parts of it. Ironically he also uploads other peoples videos (Error001's TAS of SF2rainbow edition for instance). But I guess it is possible.

I was also trying to upload my all about SFEX rip and the gamest video but u2b gave me an error that it was too long. But clockwork vs neo was up and is just as long. Does anyone know how to upload those long videos to u2b? Or is it just luck of the draw that they accept the 90 minute video?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:I vaguely remember someone telling me that they figured out how to get videos removed almost instantly, but that was a long time ago so i don't remember who it was. I'll keep asking around for another day or two, then randomly start pushing buttons.
I believe they made it a little harder to file complaints, because of a huge amount of false copyright strikes.

error1

Post by error1 »

you need to be an account in good standing, most people recently got a
Congratulations! Your account is now enabled for uploads longer than 15 minutes. Click the Upload button below to select a video.
message when they go to upload, but I've heard people who have had violations in the past didn't get it
preppy

Post by preppy »

Either sign up for the Content Verification Tool (which is how they handle copyright/DMCA requests) and use their very simple tool to get their stuff taken down or grant me shared copyright and I'll take care of it since I signed up for that long ago.

Either way, it's very easy.

They did *slightly* change the tool, but it's still really straight-forward to handle people who jack your videos.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Thanks for the info sir. Have you had any problems with people retaliating after you get one of their videos taken down?

And if i get those three videos taken down, would that count as three strikes and shut down the account? Is it possible to get videos removed without issuing any copyright strikes? I don't want to get this guy in trouble; i just want the video removed.

Also do they automatically receive a notice saying who filed the complaint against them? (Although it doesn't really matter in my case since i always try contacting people directly before considering this.)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I believe they will get your real personal info, yes. You could always file a complaint on one of the videos, then warn him that you will remove the other ones as well unless he removes them himself. A tip: favorite the videos before you do that, and you should be able to see if he really removes them or made them private/unlisted.

preppy

Post by preppy »

No, I haven't had any problems with retaliation of any sort.
No, their account isn't banned: just the videos are removed. Pretty much instantly.
Yes, they receive a notification saying what entity is requesting the removal. This allows them to challenge the takedown in case it was in error.
I would never remove just one: if you've asked nicely, take them all out at once after that. That makes your policy pretty clear.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Thanks for the info sir. I submitted the request for all three vids at once, so we'll see what happens. Unfortunately there was no comments area on the form, so i didn't get to clarify that i only want the vids removed, and not to have any negative action taken against the uploader's channel. Hopefully they won't do anything too drastic.

Hey since you're here, mind taking a quick look at this thread about codecs? You're probably the most qualified person i know when it comes to that subject, so i'll believe pretty much whatever you say.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Looks like they took down all three videos on Wednesday, and i still haven't heard back from that guy, so i guess we're in the clear. That was easy, but hopefully i won't have to do it again.
Maj

Post by Maj »

SF? Guile Exhibition (OHN6 Edition) Comments

SF? Guile Exhibition (OHN6 Edition) Comments (Mobile)

Check out gotzJazzhandz's comment. Mobile u2b doesn't give a fuck if you deleted your comment.
error1

Post by error1 »

Iphone quality test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jI7u2Re5UI
might be good for a gag combo somewhere
thank goodness it has a replay save function
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote:Mobile u2b doesn't give a fuck if you deleted your comment.
Sometimes I delete comments and they stick around in the count. Sometimes they don't. If I cared about that sort of stuff...I wouldn't be using u2b.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Has anyone noticed channels moving up to the top of the list without any new videos? For example desk is currently at the top of my u2b homepage with the words "uploaded by biffotasty (34 minutes ago)" written up there, but there are no new videos to see.

Is u2b really ghetto enough to push that bar to the top of the list every time someone uploads a private or unlisted video?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I believe it is.

error1

Post by error1 »

It's kind of annoying, because when the video is made public it shows up at the bottom of the page
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I've got to say, YouTube got really cruddy when I created an account. A bunch of stuff seems to break when I'm logged in.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Did anyone ever get "bots" from private messages? I get some pretty odd private messages and it makes me really curious if it's a bot or an actual person since they don't really say anything subjective. Most of them are usually like, "Hey I love your videos and I think they're underappreciated, here's a way to help you get more exposure" stuff.

I thought bots usually just hang out on channel comments.
error1

Post by error1 »

yes bots send pms, I think I've got that one before
AquaTeamV3

Post by AquaTeamV3 »

Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else find annotations to be a tacky excuse for editing? I mean, even with something like WMM you can add some text to the video if need be, and some people have annotations off by default, so they'd never see what you've written. Granted, the ability to place an actual link is nice (or when posting a song name), but otherwise I don't really like the idea of relying on YT for the sole source of text placement in a vid.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

nowadays, I just use annotations for links, and silly comments I don't want in the actual video.

onReload

Post by onReload »

I'm not a fan either, but sometimes they make sense, like when you need to add something to a video you've already uploaded...or you want to have a simple link to another video (I don't know what the ratio of "people who read descriptions" to "people who have annotations on" is, but it is surprising how many times a glitch will be explained or BGM is credited in the description, and you still see tons of people asking for either.

the reason why I don't like them, actually, is because even though Google/YouTube is huge and seems like it's gonna be around for awhile, a change in hosting or formatting could possibly erase any current annotations - or, if you just want to have your video up on another site, without the YT embed. but i think they have their place.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Annotations are text youtube can read, unlike text edited into the video. I bet annotations factor into search rankings somehow.