Super Freeze Stuff

video previews, releases, and feedback
Rufus

Re: Super Freeze Misc. Video

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:Wow! Well, by all means! See, my plan is to do, you know, one special move, but the way I will start those up is through a combo. the combo will set in motion, and as soon as the special move comes in, I'm going to freeze the combo and shift it to a little box on the top left and do the super freeze animation. Once the animation is finished, I'll bring back the combo screen and finish the combo. SO, if you'd like, you could start on just capturing said animations on the list above. If you record them frame by frame in synchronized the editing would be a million times easier! So, if you WOULD like to help, i'd say, start from the bottom up on that list. Let me know if you can!
I'm not quite sure I understand "record them frame by frame in synchronized the editing". Any trick to working out when super freeze starts and stops when editing?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Rufus wrote:
I'm not quite sure I understand "record them frame by frame in synchronized the editing". Any trick to working out when super freeze starts and stops when editing?
Oh sorry. I continued the rest of my day feeling I left something wrong in my reply. haha. Basically, it you CAN record the freezes with tool assistance, it's be great if you could record the moves posted on the list. I already have Honda, Ryu, Ken, and Fuerte done. What I meant by recording frame by frame, I meant to say "chronologically" but used the wrong word. If you can time each input one frame later starting from beginning to end with the characters, it would make editing a lot easier. I could focus on better, more broader combos. The super freeze start and endings can got from the first frame of start up to the last frame of recovery. I mean, if you can't for some reason, it's okay. But this is basically it. With tool assistance it'd be a lot easier. Let me know!
Making no profit since 1987...
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Hmm... any supers/ultras with less zoom than Makoto?
Also, can you pm me upload info or something?
Oh, how much do you care about dropped frames. I just did the double lariat, and missed 3 or 4.
error1

Post by error1 »

Abel's has almost no zoom when done full screen and is one of the slower ones, don't know about the new characters
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Abel it is! And Rufus, I can make a temporary youtube account. You can upload the videos there then I can download them as MP4s. What is the quality on your videos? And dropped frames are okay as long as they don't affect the synchronization (Used the word correctly there. . . lol) of the audio!
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:Abel it is! And Rufus, I can make a temporary youtube account. You can upload the videos there then I can download them as MP4s. What is the quality on your videos? And dropped frames are okay as long as they don't affect the synchronization (Used the word correctly there. . . lol) of the audio!
I mean like the double lariat has ~47 frames, and I only have super freezes for 45 of those frames. I'll upload the video, and you can make up your own mind. I the lariat minimally compressed and edited. Will PM the URL - it's ~185 MB. I just did it with Makoto - should I redo with Abel?

Also, I'm going to skip Sky High claw, and work my way up the list...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

lol, thanks maj! Oh, and Rufus, Usually, my average video turns out to be at least 10 gigs when I record. Then I have to deinterlace it, then I edit it with my software ant it turns out to be about 180 megabites, so, I'm super excited that that file is only 175mb! lol. I"m downloading it now.

EDIT*

OMG! I didn't know it was edited and everything! This is amazing, Rufus! Thank you so much! How time consuming is this?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote: OMG! I didn't know it was edited and everything! This is amazing, Rufus! Thank you so much! How time consuming is this?
I didn't keep close track, but an hour give or take. (Took much longer than that to upload since I rate limited it.)
For that video I waited out the end of Makoto's super instead of resetting - resetting is probably superior, but it means a little more setup work at the start.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Awesome! Yeh, it usually takes me about 3 hours per character to do what you did. Well, how far up do you plan to go? And is that 60 frames per second? If you want to use a different character, go ahead. Oh, and it's okay on Zangief, but and you do the recordings without the Hudd display? The health bar and the meter bar? Screen options lets you turn it off. It's okay for gief though, cause I have something different for him, since I don't know how to combo that lariat in a cool way. Thanks again!

oh, and the characters I have done so far are:

Ryu
Ken
Honda
El fuerte
and Abel's roll
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:Awesome! Yeh, it usually takes me about 3 hours per character to do what you did. Well, how far up do you plan to go? And is that 60 frames per second? If you want to use a different character, go ahead. Oh, and it's okay on Zangief, but and you do the recordings without the Hudd display? The health bar and the meter bar? Screen options lets you turn it off. It's okay for gief though, cause I have something different for him, since I don't know how to combo that lariat in a cool way.
I don't quite understand. What video settings do you want on and off for the recordings?

EDIT: Also, is the quality OK?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

The quality is amazing! As far as settings, I appologize for not clearing it up. I set the back ground music as low as it allows, and the sfx and voice as high. The hudd display is off, and I usually use matching colors for the characters, but at the same time contrast the colors based on the special move to accent the colors (Unless it's an EX move we are doing lol). For example, if you use fei long, it's a good idea to use Green as his costume if you want to do his fire kick, for the fire is red and opposite in the color wheel from green. Little details like that. But don't worry too much about that. I think other than that, you're gold!
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:For example, if you use fei long, it's a good idea to use Green as his costume if you want to do his fire kick, for the fire is red and opposite in the color wheel from green. Little details like that. But don't worry too much about that. I think other than that, you're gold!
I only have costumes 1,2,10 and 11 available for most of the cast.
I've done Zangief & T Hawk. Just recorded Hakan and Adon, and Seth's upper as a bonus.
Perhaps we can find some way to compress the files for transfer.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

btw, if you want to record Seths 3rd shoryuken in slo-mo, standing Sagat can block the first two hits of LP SRK, then activate his Super to catch the 3rd one "on tape"... I think.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Good idea, Doop, and Rufus, don't worry about it. I can edit the color with the editing software. as far as compression, Here you go!
The software: (Get the 32 bit version, even if you're on 64)

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

and then the plug in, which you can use after you install it.

It's from Xvid: http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html

once you have a video done, Open virtual dub. no need to install. Open it, then go to "File." then "Open video file." then once you open a video, got to "Video," then, "Compression..." then click on "Xvideo mpeg4 codec." Then go to file, and then "Save as AVI." and you should be good to go. It compressed one of my videos from 568MB to 11MB.

Oh, and one last thing, and I'm sorry for not mentioning before, and I'm not sure if you have it set this way, but if not, can you set your console to 16:9? you can record at 4:3 if you need to, but just set it at 16:9 plzkthnx. You don't have to go back and re do the ones you already have done.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha that guy's gonna have no idea why you said "pew pew pew."

Btw there's a better way to silence music in SF4.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Hahaha, pew pew pew, yeah, I thought of that, he wont know wtf is going on. At least you didn't say, "ZZZZzzap, ZZZzap!"

And Maj, you sir are a genius! Playing mp3s of silence as custom back ground music is such a great idea!!!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I used that for my Dhalsim video and my challenge videos, it's nice. However, you can't save songs on the 360 from USB drives, it's weird and annoying.

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Doopliss wrote:I used that for my Dhalsim video and my challenge videos, it's nice. However, you can't save songs on the 360 from USB drives, it's weird and annoying.
So you have both consoles? badass. I wish I did too.

Oh, finally finished downloading that clip, rufus. lol. well, I think compressing them would speed up the process by maybe 15 mins, since it already takes a while to compress them in the first place. I can do the compression if you'd like. Unless you want to do it yourself.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

No, I only have a 360... and a Wii.

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

How's:
http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/www/akumatp.mpeg4

Also, do you mean 'widescreen mode' when you say 16:9?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Rufus wrote:How's:
http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/www/akumatp.mpeg4

Also, do you mean 'widescreen mode' when you say 16:9?
Yessir, widescreen. And that link didn't work for me.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Ooops.

http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/akumatp.mpeg4

FWIW, it seems like 35 moves at roughly a minute each is a bit long.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Yeah, I figured the video would be over 40 mins with all the added stuff. It's why I wanted to split it in 3 or 4 parts. It's gonna be a pretty long one.

Oh, and as far as that link goes, it opens, but nothing loads up after the quicktime logo turns up.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Try right click & save as.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Rufus wrote:Try right click & save as.
On the link or on the icon once I click?

Edit: Nvm, got it! lol, makoto goes inside him! This is great! So did you figure out how to compress the files?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:
Rufus wrote:Try right click & save as.
On the link or on the icon once I click?

Edit: Nvm, got it! lol, makoto goes inside him! This is great! So did you figure out how to compress the files?
That should be compressed.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

oh, but how do I download it? I don't get it. DO I download it? sorry...
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:oh, but how do I download it? I don't get it. DO I download it? sorry...
Right click on the link, and 'save as' or 'save link as' should work.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Rufus wrote:
Snoooootch wrote:oh, but how do I download it? I don't get it. DO I download it? sorry...
Right click on the link, and 'save as' or 'save link as' should work.
ill try it again. yo, do you have a cellphone so i can call you? my number is 2146038012. my name is Ian. if you can text me and ill get to you cause i have an idea for the video.