Random Obscure Findings

talk about how great training mode is
Dammit

Re: Random Obscure Findings

Post by Dammit »

So Rufus's whole pushbox goes forward during that move, both the front edge and the back edge, then it moves back and squishes her. It wouldn't be weird if he was the one to get pushed out.

It seems the last action you do before a kattobi affects the trajectory. Like if you replace the taunt with a step right or left, Rolento floats right or left.

My guess is they made that ice sword move before they decided on the elemental spirits theme. BTW, where did the name Yumil come from for NW Huitzil?
error1

Post by error1 »

lol eventhubs gave him credit on the main page, doesn't feel like enough really
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

They should delete the one they uploaded and embed the original imo, unless they're going to do something new with it...

edit: also they're deleting any comments that suggest this. I've made a total of 2 posts on EH, and have been banned.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah i don't know what you can do. That website gets over 60k hits per day. That means you could explain the situation to ten thousand people and still not have made a dent.

Guess it's time for content producers to start figuring out ways to brand their material - which is fucking bullshit, but that's where we're at apparently.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Its almost like we're being forced to go back in time before the internet and save all of our tricks and tips for only ourselfs and maybe to show off at a tournament.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Sadly I have the same thing going on right now with my SFEX content from my website.

aka some u2b players created a SFEX wikia and were linking directly to my files (like the 2 part all about SFEX video that I captured, various images like endings that I took the time to capture).

Now they're horribly editting the images so I can't tell that they stole it from my site... people have no decency anymore.

When I found out that capcom unity had translated the endings from the eariler sfex games I specifically asked the person that translated it if I can mirror his translations on my site (which I still have yet to do lol). But I asked and he said yes. Was that really so hard?
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's just a different mentality now. If you mention anything like this on u2b, people will inevitably respond with "who cares, its youtube." They're pretty much thinking "Duh, get with the times, everyone knows youtube was created for piracy."

The problem with being forced to deal with the Youtube/eventhubs World Order is that effectively branding content is hard. If major movie/music publishers can't do it, what the hell are we supposed to do?
onReload

Post by onReload »

Err sorry to interrupt the Rufus/Makoto discussion but I realized I missed error's comment:
error1 wrote:lol, what kind of codec did you use? Thank god mplayer can play anything. If you hit with that super as an antiair does it do the same thing? It looks like the game has an ground hit box in the air, just Elena stupidness I guess
Yeah I went with some darn codec out of VirtualDub that sounded like it might be generic - guess not. I have to figure out how to get simple, plain x264 or something. I really don't understand any of this codec & capture business.

Anyway, it seems to be Elena stupidness, yeah. She has a very slender hitbox while jumping, so it's very hard to hit her while she's doing neutral jump (which is all I can do while having my cell phone weigh down the up arrow)...but yeah it wasn't really meant to hit airborne characters; though it does juggle off Tsurugi and Hayate (air axe kick, dash punch, respectively) as seen in SlimX's first 3rd Strike vid. I just got HP Fukiage xx Super to work on a dizzied Akuma, though the last hit was VERY close to not connecting at all. It might be possible on other characters (in other situations), but Elena's was the first I found. I also got Throw -> SA2 (full animation) to work on Elena with Yun, so...yeah.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Just saw this on neogaf

onReload

Post by onReload »

Nice! That looks like something Tigre + Krusan would put in a video
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Dude, that looks so cool!
Making no profit since 1987...
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Wow, taking notes :wink: ...
We were working with Dee Jay and Rose, using some properties of that DJ special move... But then, discovered some crazy stuff with Rose vs Rose... and forgot DJ! That avoid its cool, but 8 Ultra 2 lighting balls at the same time with no collision is... so nice to see. I hope tomorrow will end the last record ( Rose vs Rose) and start to work in the edition...
felineki

Post by felineki »

Some discussion came up on the Darkstalkers Collection's Secret Option stars at Dammit's blog, and I figured I'd use my meager Japanese skills to translate what currently seems to be the most thorough documentation of them available: Shu's Darkstalkers Frame Data site. The listed effects are under the condition of the star being on (filled), and the stars are numbered by row followed by column. Some of the effects seem to be rather convoluted, or may include nuances that I don't know about, so don't take these translations as gospel.

VAMPIRE

1-1: Demitri's Bat Spin can't be continued by repeatedly inputting the command.
1-2: Aulbath's crouching hard punch is an overhead.
1-3: Startup of Morrigan's Darkness Illusion is unblockable.
1-4: Unknown.
1-5: Unknown.
1-6: Glitch which causes P1 Demitri to remain invisible if he is grabbed during Bat Spin startup by P2 Demitri's Midnight Pleasure.
1-7: Phobos is hittable during his mid-air chopped in half animation (such as caused by Bishmon's Oni Kubi Hineri).
1-8: Anakaris's jumping light punch glitch. When it hits at a certain range/angle, the opponent behaves oddly (as if they had blocked), and the hit is counted as comboed into whatever attack hits next.
1-9: Anakaris Pharaoh Magic glitches: If a successful Pharaoh Magic is interrupted, then the hits that were made up until the interruption will count as being comboed into whatever hits next. Also, if he is interrupted while the opponent is frozen by the ice hit, they will remain frozen until he hits them with something.
1-10: If an opponent in a hittable midair knockdown state is hit just as they reach the ground, they'll transition into a ground hitstun state (think SF3 Gill).
1-11: Arcade version credit roll.
1-12: If Phobos is hit during crouching hitstun, he'll transition to standing hitstun (think SF2 Honda and Blanka).
1-13: Unknown.
1-14: Chain combos become Hunter style (punch-to-kick is possible, and input is more lenient).
1-15: Whiffed moves can be cancelled.
1-16: Unknown.
2-1: Dash input recognition becomes like the later games in the series.
2-2: Auto-guard is selectable.
2-3: Chain combos can be performed in midair.
2-4: Unknown.

Phenomena that cannot be changed via options (the same no matter whether all stars are on or off).

-Ability to change the hitstun length of a jumping light attack by pressing a medium or hard button the instant that it hits.
-Demitri, Aulbath and Zabel are able to crossup cornered Victor, Sasquatch and Phobos.
-Jumping attacks with long active periods (jumping light punches and such) are capable of being blocked in midair then hitting again if the opponent lands while the attack is still active.
-Once Gallon, Zabel, Morrigan or Aulbath block an attack in midair, they are unable to midair block any subsequent attacks that aren't part of the same blockstring.
-If Morrigan is hit during one of her crouching attacks, she goes into standing hitstun.
- Aulbath can cancel an attack into backdash, then cancel the startup of that backdash into a forward dash.
-Phobos's Might Launcher can be unblockable. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
-If Phobos is hit during his crouching turn around animation, he goes into standing hitstun.
Last edited by felineki on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
felineki

Post by felineki »

VAMPIRE HUNTER

1-1: Arcade version credit roll.
1-2: Phobos glitches: 1. If you hit a midair opponent with Confusioner just before losing by time out, the opponent will do their winpose in midair. This works even if you trade an attack with the opponent. 2. If you hit a Conusioner-affected opponent with ES Genocide Vulcan, the whole attack will hit even if the Confusioner effect runs out mid-attack. 3. Similar to the last point, ES Circuit Scrapper can't be escaped partway through by having Confusioner effect run out.
1-3: Gallon's ES Wild Circular uses up all his remaining gauge stocks.
1-4: Felicia's ES Hell Cat uses up all her remaining gauge stocks.
1-5: Bishamon's ES Kirisute Gomen uses up none of his gauge stocks.
1-6: Aulbath's ES Crystal Lancer uses up all of his remaining gauge stocks.
1-7: Aulbath's ES Sky Neptune uses up all of his remaining gauge stocks.
1-8: Pyron's ES Planet Burning uses up all of his remaining gauge stocks.
1-9: Aulbath can perform a pursuit attack while the opponent is getting hit by Sea Rage.
1-10: Lei-Lei can dash and perform attacks during spinning fall state (as caused by Aulbath's Aqua Spread, Phobos's Circuit Scrapper, and Lei-Lei's Houtengeki).
1-11: Phobo's jumping medium punch causes knockdown.
1-12: Phobos is hittable during his mid-air chopped in half animation (such as caused by Bishmon's Oni Kubi Hineri).
1-13: Lei-Lei can warp by inputting left->right in 2 frames.
1-14: Unknown.
1-15: If Victor is thrown during Great Gerdeheim's startup, its effect will persist until the end of the round.
1-16: Zabel is hittable during burned animation caused by a multi-hit burn attack if it hits him while he's in midair.
2-1: Felicia is hittable during burned animation caused by a multi-hit burn attack.
2-2 Bishamon can perform Tsuji Hayate and Kaeshi Ha even if Hane Ha is blocked.
2-3: Unknown.
2-4: Felcia's Please Help Me Glitch: If Felicia is hit before Lucy makes contact with the opponent, then attempts Please Help Me again, the first Lucy will regain the ability to hit the opponent, and if she does the number of hits will increase and the dust clouds won't disappear.
2-5: Gallon has invincibility during the recovery of his far-range standing medium punch.
2-6: Anakaris Pharaoh Magic glitches: If a successful Pharaoh Magic is interrupted, then the hits that were made up until the interruption will count as being comboed into whatever hits next. Also, if he is interrupted while the opponent is frozen by the ice hit, they will remain frozen until he hits them with something.
2-7: Canceling into Sasquatch's Big Eisbahn from his standing medium punch causes the ice to appear instantly.
2-8: Unknown.
2-9: Glitch that causes ES projectiles to temporarily freeze in place. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
2-10: Glitch which causes P1 Demitri to remain invisible if he is grabbed during Bat Spin startup by P2 Demitri's Midnight Pleasure.
2-11: The very end of Donovan's Change Immortal automaticaly causes the opponent to midair block.
2-12: Unknown.
2-14: Sasquatch's ES Big Snow can only be performed with LP + MP.
2-15: Zabel's ES Death Hurricane can only be performed with LK + MK or KKK.
2-16: Unknown.
3-1: If Anakaris tries to use ES Kotodama Kaeshi (Spit) after swallowing Lei-Lei's Ankihou, it will come out as a regular light Ankihou but still use up a gauge stock. (If this star is turned off, he can't perform ES Kotodama Kaeshi (Spit) at all after swallowing Lei-Lei's Ankihou.)
3-2: Unknown.
3-3: Unknown.
3-4: Unknown.
3-5: Specials/EXs can be cancelled into from chain combos.
3-6: Auto-guard becomes Savior-style (No limit on number of times, No auto-chaining, chip damage is received on auto-guard).
3-7: Chain combos can be performed in midair.
3-8: Unknown.
3-9: Anakaris's Hitsuji no Mai only comes out on button press or release (can't be performed by holding buttons down).
3-10: Once he has charged back, as long as he holds a forward direction (down-forward and up-forward count) Bishamon can perform ES Iai Giri (think ST Honda and Chun-Li).

Phenomena that cannot be changed via options (the same no matter whether all stars are on or off).

-Ability to change the hitstun length of a jumping light attack by pressing a medium or hard button the instant that it hits.
-Auto-guard allows an opponent under the effect of Phobo's Confusioner to block.
-Lei-Lei's Henkyouki can;t be crouch blocked by some characters.
-Lei-Lei's ES Ankihou can be performed with a punch and kick button of different strengths.
-Lei-Lei continues to flash red while performing an attack from a canceled ES Senpuubu, and if that attack defeats the opponent it is counted as an ES KO.
-From opposite corners of the screen, Pyron is unable to standing block Lei-Lei's medium Ankihou.
-If Morrigan is hit during one of her crouching attacks, she goes into standing hitstun.
-Felicia is able to hit with light kick etc. an opponent that has been hit with Please Help Me before they are knocked down.
-Aulbath can cancel an attack into backdash, then cancel the startup of that backdash into a forward dash.
-Aulbath's Sonic Wave and Poison Breath can hit an opponent under the effect of Water Jail (in the 1995/03/02 arcade veriosn, they can't).
-If Sasquatch performs ES Big Towers while a Big Snow projectile is on the screen, the icicles will only come out forward.
-The startup of Phobos's Genocide Vulcan can't be standing blocked by some characters.
-Phobos's Might Launcher can be unblockable. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
-Glitch that causes Phobos to freeze in his ES pursuit attack pose. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
-Phobos's pursuit attack can hit a knocked down opponent the instant they first touch the ground, preventing them from bouncing.
-If Phobo's is interrupted during a multi-hit attack that causes frozen in ice state, the frozen opponent remains hittable in midair.
-If Phobos is hit during his crouching turn around animation, he goes into standing hitstun.
felineki

Post by felineki »

VAMPIRE SAVIOR

1-1: Some ES Guard Cancels are unblockable during startup.
1-2: At the end of the match, the third eye of the fetus in the Fetus of God stage won't appear.
1-3: Zabel getting an afro during his MK winpose is random. (If turned off, it can be activated with MK + Select.)
1-4: Zabel getting an afro during his Dark Force startup is random. (If turned off, it can be activated by holding down select while activating Dark Force.)
1-5: Zabel's dash attacks can be canceled into dashes.
1-6: Anakaris is invincible after landing a midair Pharaoh magic.
1-7: Anakaris kicking out a big Khybit along with the opponent after landing an ES Mirra Drop is random. (If turned off, it can be activated by holding down select.)
1-8: The big Khybit coming out during Anakaris's taunt is random. (If turned off, holding down LK while taunting will get a big Khybit.)
1-9: Anakaris's punches are unblockable during Dark Force.
1-10: Unknown.
1-11: Unknown.
1-12: Morrigan's secret winposes require a random chance in addition to certain conditions being met. (If turned off, they can be selected with LP + LK, MP + MK, and HP + HK.)
1-13: Unknown.
1-14: the big coin during Anakaris's LK winpose is random. (If turned off, big coins will come out while select is held down.)
1-15: The desynchronization between Lei-Lei and Mei-Ling during their MK winpose is random. (If turned off, it can be activated with MK + Select.)
1-16: Unknown.
2-1: Certain moves become unblockable at certain close ranges: Bishamon's ES Karame Tamashii, Enma Ishi, and midair Karame Tamashii, Anakaris's Pharaoh Magic and jumping kicks.
2-2: Bulleta's Cheer & Fire can be unblockable. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
2-3: Glitches involving afterimage/clone-type Dark Forces: 1. After Lilith starts and ends a LP + LK or MP + MK Dark Force, she can be juggled by the afterimage/clone attacks of Lilith's HP +HK Dark Force, and Morrigan and Gallon's Dark Forces. 2. After Felicia starts and ends a Dark Force, she can't be hit by the afterimages/clones from Morrigan's Dark Force and Darkness Illusion. Liliths HP + HK Dark force and Luminous Illusion, and Gallon's Dark Force. (It's also possible for Gallon's attacks to miss some hits.) 3. After Lei-Lei's opponent is hit by the spikeballs from her Tenraiha, she can't be hit by the afterimages/clones from Morrigan's Dark Force and Darkness Illusion. Liliths HP + HK Dark force and Luminous Illusion, and Gallon's Dark Force. (It's also possible for Gallon's attacks to miss some hits.) These glitches lose effect once a projectile is thrown.
2-4: 1. Glitch that causes certain throws to dizzy when teched out of them (Bishamon, Zabel, Aulbath). (Note: Don't understand this one...) 2. When trading hits with Bishamon's ES Hayate, you still go into the seppuku animation (although you don't take damage from it, you can be hit out of it).
2-5: Zabel doesn't get meter for whiffing his down + kick attacks during an air dash.
2-6: Zabel doesn't get meter for whiffing normals during a dash or air dash.
2-7: Unknown.
2-8: Unknown.
2-9: Unknown.
2-10: After air blocking an attack, Felicia becomes able to block ground based attacks until she reaches the ground.
2-11: Unknown.
2-12: Zabel is hittable during his standing chopped in half animation.
2-13: The very end of Zabel's jumping light kick is unblockable.
2-14: Unknown.
2-15: Glitch that causes Lilith's LP + LK or MP +MK clone to not disappear. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
2-16: Zabel is able to block during the recovery of his jumping light and medium punches.
3-1: Unknown.
3-2: Arcade version credit roll.
3-3: After whiffing a jump attack, Zabel is able to use the same attack again before he lands.
3-4: Unknown.
3-5: Unknown.
3-6: Sometimes Aulbath's Poison Breath and Sonic Wave won't hit an opponent under the effect of Water Jail. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
3-7: Gallon's ES Beast Cannon can be unblockable. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
3-8: After Felicia performs Head Ride or Cat Clinch, until the opponent enter a neutral state, they'll be knocked down by any attack that should cause reset.
3-9: Unknown.
3-10: Unknown.
3-11: Glitch that causes Q-Bee's attacks to have no pushback against a cornered opponent. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)
3-12: Specials/EXs can be canceled into from chain combos.

-After Anakaris performs a midair special, he can air block ground-based attacks.
-When performing Zabel's Hell Gate with multiple simultaneous buttons, he'll appear slightly to the left of where he would when performed with LK.
-Zabel's forward + MK gives him less meter than is usual for a medium attack.
-After Lei-Lei performs an ES Senpuubu, until she enters a neutral state she won't flash upon performing an ES or EX move.
-Lei-Lei can cancel whiffed medium and hard punches into specials during an air dash.
-Gallon's Dark Force afterimages can hit opponents during wakeup.
-Felicia's Rolling Buckler uppercut causes bizarre blowback on trade.
-If Sasquatch's Big Eisbahn is interrupted by Felicia's Head Ride (right around when the ice appears), the ice will remain.
-Bishamon can perform Tamashii Yose and hit the opponent before they go into the air, putting them into standing hitstun.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Thanks for this.

Makes me want to try out the saturn/ps2 versions with tool assistance even more...
Ultima

Post by Ultima »

Cool stuff.

Note: Big Eisbahn = Big Ice Burn.

Aulbath's "normal XX back dash XX forward dash" sounds like an infinite just waiting to be found.
felineki

Post by felineki »

Katakana-wise it's アイスバーン (aisubaan), which could be either "Ice Burn", or "Eisbahn" (German for "ice rink", and exists as a loan-word in Japanese according to my dictionary). I don't know which is official, but I went with "Eisbahn" since it creates a patch of ice on the ground sort of like a little ice rink. But yeah, the Aulbath dash thing surprised me, I opened up an emulator and tried it out as I was translating and it works, although I didn't try making any combos off of it.
Ultima

Post by Ultima »

Eisbahn is German for "ice rink"? Wow, I did not know that. My old Gamefan Vampire guide books had it translated as "Big Ice Burn", plus the katakana for バーン is the same as in Terry's "Burn Knuckle". But All About Vampire Saviour has it translated as "Big Eisbahn" as well. Hmmm. I guess "Eisbahn" is more accurate.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

This is random, Z2 (PSX) Sakura double air attacks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReCkD988d0I
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
error1

Post by error1 »

Interesting, vs Sagat infinites?
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Works only in a mirror Match (Sak vs. Sak) and you have to be in her stage, pretty useless for combos as far i investigate, but it's so random...why all that stupid conditions?
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
felineki

Post by felineki »

Might have to do with the fact that on many of the PSX ports characters have an alternate animation set that is loaded only during a mirror match. In general a character's animation set is cut down compared to the original arcade version due to RAM limitations, but for a mirror match the full animation set is able to be loaded (due to only one character's worth of data being used). The full animation data might have programming errors in it that allowed for multiple attacks in one jump to be possible.

..No idea why stage would be a factor though. :|
desk

Post by desk »

^^Whoa, I'm sure that is the reason. Exceptionally good thinking dude, lol. I was totally baffled too. Maybe some other mirror matches have cool effects too?

Keiko, this works in PSX version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilag_yTQ6ik&feature=sub

EDIT: maybe I misunderstood. I thought maybe the glitch worked in the PSX version but is he talking about cancelling cr. fierce into air hurricane kick (in the last 3 combos)? I don't understand.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

woa, i didnt thought about all that stuff feliniki, very nice deduction.
regarding the video, when he talks about "canceling cr.fierce with air hurricane kick" is that when you activate the Yoga Strike glitch, your character is considered to be airborne before and after the first hit you deal, that's why he activate the "air cc" after a normal move in the rest of the combos, so, what i understand is that he is canceling c.fierce with an air hurricane kick (that whiffs, it even doesnt comes out) and then link into other normals, like Ken's C.Fierce (HK Whiff) S.Forward link combo at the end.
The Yoga Strike glitch works perfectly in arcade (tested), psx (tested), snes (tested) and saturn too as far i remember, he also mention that works on SFAA changing some dip switches options.
Hope you understand me.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
desk

Post by desk »

wow, I don't remember ever seeing it before. Do you have and vids of it in the arcade or PSX versions? thanks for the info dude.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

desk wrote:wow, I don't remember ever seeing it before. Do you have and vids of it in the arcade or PSX versions? thanks for the info dude.
Yes sure, here you have an example with Guy (Arcade) i owe you the PSX version for later: http://www.mediafire.com/?2c33wmlmmrxtr13
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
desk

Post by desk »

that's awesome, thanks dude. Does it have the same effect of disabling push back? so you could jab someone to death in the corner?
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

desk wrote:that's awesome, thanks dude. Does it have the same effect of disabling push back? so you could jab someone to death in the corner?
Yes hahaha, you can jab Sim to death in the corner with this glitch.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Here's a fun one:
http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/videos/nolowmk.mpg
After letting the run end, the low MK doesn't come out.
Here's a still.
http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/videos/nolowmk.png