Community Drama

stay up to date on what's going on
Maj

Re: Community Drama

Post by Maj »

Marn has a future in corporate politics. This shit he wrote is easily one of the least sincere "apologies" i've ever read.

Turns out there was tons of Marvel drama/hype too, but nothing out of the ordinary. Disconnected controllers, trash talking, etc. Though it's kinda funny how things we perceive as hype, people who weren't around for Marvel consider unruly.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah it's certainly the politician's apology - "I'm sorry. I didn't do anything wrong, but I'm sorry. (because you want me to say so)"

Here's a moron checklist:

Treating countries like individual people? check.
Comparing internet behavior to IRL? check.
Making drastic assumptions about community as a whole? check.

Sigh
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:Hm. . I don't know about that, Maj, but I did watch the Yellow Button Drama that almost got Yipes in a fist fight (on MvC2). I believe he was playing either Neo or Shmidt. Mid match there was a malfunction on a fighstick, and it caused a huge comotion after it caused a loss. Yipes and his opponent ended up reenacting what had happened. Yipes still won. It was great.
I can't help but think that if Yipes pushed the yellow button, yipes should loose the round or not at the other player's discretion. Happens to people who pause/whatever in other games. I can't help but observe that, during the competition, Yipes seems to have collected more than his share of 'blue screens' as well.

Regarding Marn - lots of the stuff doesn't bother me so much, but it's a little sad to see him say "I won against Daigo, now I'll just pick Dan and taunt." Disrespectful of the other players, and very unprofessional.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah I'm not a fanboy of Daigo's, but I've heard he holds grudges, so it will be funny to see him come back and annihilate Marn. It could have been his time to shine and establish himself as not-a-joke but instead he went in the opposite direction.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

onReload wrote: It could have been his time to shine and establish himself as not-a-joke but instead he went in the opposite direction.
Exactly! I mean, I for one like to be funny, but when it comes to something like what happened at SBR, I would have at least been more respectful and mature about my win.
Making no profit since 1987...
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Maj

Post by Maj »

See, the problem with this picture is someone voices a legitimate concern, and before any facts are presented, we already have three different people tacitly supporting or "devil's advocating" for eventhubs. Where did all these apologists come from?
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

SF4? That shit brought all kinds of people with all kinds of different mentalities. I mean, those people have always 'been there' they just found their way to SRK/SF4/"the scene"(as they see it ((eh is not the scene)).
Maj

Post by Maj »

It can't just be SF4. There must have been something we could've done. I guess we should've treated eventhubs as a threat much earlier. Fuck, if i had known SRK would take this long to write up a basic SF4 strategy guide, i would've volunteered to help them write one in 2008. 90% of that info is lifted from SRK forums anyway. I'm sure that guy had to work hard to stitch it together, but we're talking 2-3 months of work tops.

Not to mention, SRK could've (and should've) done a MUCH better job of it than eventhubs did. Whatever, the past is the past and nobody knew this would happen. But if this happens again with MvC3, i won't even know what to think. The eventhubs guy doesn't know shit about Marvel, and SRK is Marvel. If they fuck this up, it's on them.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Yeah, maybe the srk staff underestimated the amount of people the game would bring. I heard stories that it was much worse than in turned out when they were developing it, so maybe srk staff didnt think it was going to be that big of a deal. I don't know. Maybe they thought that focusing on EVO and running tournaments and talking to sponsors regarding tournaments was more of a concern. Either way, it couldn't have hurt to put people like Keits and the other guy who posted the daigo poll on front page duty before SF4 came out. That way they coulda funneled all the shit that was popping up on the forums onto the front page correctly.

I guess they are going to do a better job for marvel3, but all I can see happening is the same thing that's going on now. People who do whatever for marvel3 will have their content posted on the front page of SRK -- then eventhubs will post it. It's just gonna be a pretty underwhelming cyle, i think
Maj

Post by Maj »

No, i mean someone needs to step up and write an easily accessible, coherent strategy section for SRK. That's the entire foundation of eventhubs' success and there's no reason that SRK shouldn't have one. It's 2-3 months of work tops. Seriously, the eventhubs "strategy guide" is a glorified movelist.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Yeah, you're completely correct Maj. But... Instead, or in addition, the contributors in the forums add a great deal of information that could go in a well structured strategy section/corner. They instead have a "Media section" which seems to be overwhelmed with stuff that shouldn't really be there.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Are you saying that the 1000 "guile theme goes with everything" videos in there aren't constructive?
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

yeah, that shit is pretty embarrassing. Well, maybe someone will do that for marvel3. SRK needs to fix its front page, still. & whoever said the media section was bad, yeah that's an understatement. It's really chaotic and full of stupid shit.

Wasn't FMJ the guy who did all the code for SRK for the longest time? If it's Tom/Tony doing the changes to SRK, it might explain why it's been so long. *shrug*
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

ShinjiGohan wrote:Are you saying that the 1000 "guile theme goes with everything" videos in there aren't constructive?
I will take this as sarcasm. hahaha...

I get that they have sf Wiki, but idk how i feel about that...
Maj

Post by Maj »

SRK front page is fine. It's not the problem.

SRK wiki sucks because there's no way to have any kind of consistency without dedicated editors overseeing the entire project. SRK needs a real strategy section, managed by a veteran writer who can post strategy guides for every character - based on SRK forum posts of course. Basically the same shit the eventhubs guy did, except better (and without the content theft).

If i was running SRK, i would've paid someone a couple thousand bucks to get that done as soon as SSF4 launched. I still can't believe they dropped the ball on that, but hopefully they get it done for MvC3.

SRK media section is irrelevant. It's all user-generated content and there's nobody managing it, aside from basic moderation. Think of it as a filtered new video stream, like searching for recent "fighting game" videos on youtube. Useless but harmless.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Yep, I love the srk front page. Very community oriented. Especially Keits' appreciation for anything Fighting game related. I feel it too. (^v^)/
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

New community drama begins here at 1:23:15

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 66&theater

Oh Marvel... I'm glad I've yet to touch you.
onReload

Post by onReload »

yeah i'm glad i didn't go this week...sigh
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

errr..

soo what exactly happened? All i see is a picture and assuming there was a fight?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

let Dark Syde Geoff tell you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GRlySw9yDs
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

How do you guys do it?
How do you deal with the criticism? I cant stand the fuckin e-thugs man.
Where I come from people know better. They dont mouth off to me. I can be pretty intimidating at times but I'm a nice guy all around.
Truth is, with my history, I'm not built to ignore disrespect.
I didnt really start playing games until 2008. So I been an angry gamer for 3 years now.
Made a lil name for myself and I gotta deal with pussies and e-thugs online? Why?
These are the same guys that APOLOGIZE when I confront them in person.
Whats the point of this, or shit like this:

"If you cant fight me, then i cant play you. I worked hard to get my team where it is today and I dont have the patience to have you projectile me on one side and when i get over there you fly and teleport to the next. Lemme deal with that when I get to evo" ~ Wolverine Master to Me

Chipp Zanuff v5, Jul 24, 2011Report

I'm tired.
This is enough for me to find another hobby and move the fuck on.
Like I said, where I come from, haters aint a problem....I will knock on your door, and ask you what da problem is. Straight up.
I cant do shit about these guys but sit back and pretend to have it not bother me.
Fuckin unreal dude.

You know what Maj, I think Ima write that article now.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I think I dealt with CB before as well, he seems to white knight any SRK-veteran he likes by flaming the other person, IF it's the same person I dealt with, that is. That Nicholas Cage avatar IS familiar though...
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dude, why do you care what random strangers think? It's one thing to care what your friends think or your colleagues or even your rivals. But you don't even know this guy. He's just some chump with no manners. So what? Nobody's paying attention to him except maybe his junior high school classmates.

Plus, you made a practical Wolverine basics video. Of course someone's gonna call it basic. You can make a super-advanced tool-assisted video next. Then someone will call it impractical. Welcome to the internet's unblockable mixup. Yes it's annoying, but it does very little damage. Just take the hit and move on to whatever you were gonna do next.

Btw i just noticed that you have a link to sh/f in your SRK signature. Can you remove that please? I don't mind small text-only "sh/f" references here and there, but a direct link on SRK is a bit much.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

Done!!!!
Sorry by the way. I didnt know it was wrong.
Maj

Post by Maj »

No worries. It's not a "hard" rule like our "Don't share WIP stuff" rule, but i'd rather avoid drawing SRK-quantity attention here.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

So SRK.com has apparently decided to ban my IP address. I wouldn't even be running an ad blocker if they didn't run those absurd ads.

EDIT: Looks like it was a SNAFU from their end.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Well, that's good to hear - that they're not actually banning you, I mean. What made you think it was because of an ad-blocker?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

onReload wrote:What made you think it was because of an ad-blocker?
I access from multiple stations, and the blocked one has the ad blocker, and, in most other ways, I'm a constructive member of the community. <Insert comment about Wiz et al being silly here.>