Rainbow edition tas

video previews, releases, and feedback
error1

Rainbow edition tas

Post by error1 »

Doopliss

Re: Rainbow edition tas

Post by Doopliss »

I'm getting very confused about this btw, is rainbow edition made by capcom?
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

no, it's a Championship Edition hack. It was a pretty big deal back in the day, and caused capcom to release HF. Hopefully my submission text will explain any other confusion.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Ok, good to know. I liked the vid, so manny weird combos. And the chip-kill in the end was nice.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Niiice, i really liked it. I think my favorite combo was the Zangief linkfest at 6:37 with the transformation to Dhalsim in the middle. Also i enjoyed the bonus stage stuff, especially the falling barrels. Guile stuff was good too.

In terms of toying with the CPU, i liked the second round against Ryu, the first round against Vega, and of course the final match against Bison. This kind of stuff has become my favorite part of watching fighting game TASes.

It's too bad RE doesn't have a combo counter. It's hard to tell whether some of that stuff combos, like Honda's combo at 1:18. I know that's not supposed to work, but if you got the fireball to connect at the same time as hands, i guess it might prevent hands from making the opponent invulnerable. But then that j.HK still looks like it might be too slow to combo.
error1

Post by error1 »

thanks that means a lot.
that didn't actually combo, it can actually be hard for me to tell when something combos because I can't control the computer. A few other ones like the first dhalsim combo, c.hk, c.mk, c.mk the second mk doesn't really combo. Also the lighting legs, and pshcho crushers don't combo.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Ah yeah, that's always a pain. Whenever i was forced to try that kind of ambiguous stuff against CPU opponents in WW (or on bonus stages where blocking is disabled), i'd always verify the same exact scripts against a player-controlled opponent like ten times over.

As long as turbo frameskip isn't a factor, basic links should transfer over accurately. Fireballs are a lot more tricky though - indefinite startup, then all hell breaks loose when one connects. But then again it's not too often that you have one frame windows to combo into and after fireballs.

Out of curiosity, how long does something like this take you?
error1

Post by error1 »

I wasn't too concerned having non combos, this isn't a combo video and if I'm ending a combo I'm still going to want to hit the opponent at the first available opportunity. I started working on a rainbow edition tas about a year ago, but I ended up restarting it four times. This current one took me 5 days from start to finish, I would estimate about 10-20 hours total. There was a really cool Guile combo and Balrog combo I wanted to include but didn't quite make it.

sonic boom, teleport, cl.hk, sonic boom hits, teleport, backwords cl.hk, cl. hk
and
lp, j. hp, air dash upper, j.lp
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha sounds dope. I've been meaning to put together a quick Rainbow Edition combovid but it'll have to wait until (way?) after the DVD is done.

And yeah, i don't necessarily have a problem with stuff not comboing in a TAS. It would just be nice if there was an easy way to tell, but i'm not asking for anyone to hack a combo counter into SF2 or anything.
Raging Hawk

Post by Raging Hawk »

Yeah Man, Rainbow Edition time is entertainment time. It's time to laugh your ass off! :lol:
Really nice TAS, error1. I really like the Bonus Barrel Game and the last match against Bison with Claw, specially the infintie block damage at the end with Ryu.
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

We don't get to find out what happened to Ryu!
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Maj

Post by Maj »

He gets married to Chun Li and becomes an investment banker IIRC.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hey which version should i embed on ComboVid? The one on your channel or the one that's published on TASVideos? Is there a difference?
error1

Post by error1 »

not much difference, but I'd prefer the one on my channel, that way I'll see any comments