How many basketballs/roses will kysg hit Yang with?

video previews, releases, and feedback

How many times will Yang get hit by basketballs and roses (combined) in kysg's new video?

Never
8%
Once
No votes
Twice
8%
Thrice
31%
Four times
15%
Five times or more
38%

Total votes: 13

Maj

How many basketballs/roses will kysg hit Yang with?

Post by Maj »

Apparently kysg is working on a new 3S Yang combo video, according to the SF3 3rd Strike video index listing on his website. It says "coming soon..." but there is no ETA given. So how many times do you think Yang will get hit by basketballs and roses?

P.S. In case i've offended any grammar lovers, i did do a bit of research beforehand and it seems that it's usually fine to end sentences with with.
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

oic

What do we get if we answer correctly?

M
Maj

Post by Maj »

Winner(s) get to pick a name for the combo video forum for a week.
Maj

Re: How many basketballs/roses will kysg hit Yang with?

Post by Maj »

Well, it took three years but we finally get an answer to this.

SF3 3rd STRIKE Yang Combo Video
*Caution : don't "Vol.10" Video.

basketballs: (0:50)
roses: (1:24, 2:22)
imaginary walls: (0:23, 3:16 (x2))

Three people said three and three it is. Congratulations, we're not changing names anymore so you win nothing! (Economy sucks anyway, so your winnings would have depreciated heavily over three years.)
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Rekkas into command throw...
Maj

Post by Maj »

The sun's at the top of Chun's stage? And Makoto has a straw roof? I like how they had to draw these things exclusively for like half a dozen moves.

Someone who hearts three ess needs to get in here and give us play-by-play commentary. For all we know, this could be kysg's last 3S video.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yayyyyy. Definitely is a bit rough, with all the SA2 -> SA2, and lack of SA3 combos..or just lack of 0 to 100 stun combos, yang has some good stun potential. Still some amazing finds as expected from the man himself.

For some reason, certain characters (Hugo, Gill, Urien) can be command grabbed by certain things when they're about to connect with the ground. On the 2nd combo (vs. Urien), Yang's 3rd Touran Zan (Mantis Slash) rekka knocks Urien down, but after Yang hits the Aegis, he recovers quickly enough to do Zenpo Tenshin to continue the combo. Also, remember that his SA1 (Raishin Mahhaken) has huge hitstun on the first hit, like Q's SA2, Makoto's SA1, etc. A lot of the combos finish with two SA2s (Tenshin Senkyuutai), which is achieved by having the first one hit backwards - Yang puts the opponent into an airborne state (usually via cl.MK), and for some reason, the last kick of the super whiffs when hitting backwards, allowing Yang to land earlier and juggle some more.

Some of the coolest stuff to me is the double cl.MK on Necro at 2:31, using the EX Aegis twice in a row at 3:19, the awesome second super on Alex at 2:01, and the juggle possible on Q at 1:43.