Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Dio vs Joshep/Jotaro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMKaK07-e3Q

Watch out at 5:55...Insane.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
onReload

Re: Crazy Inspirational Match Videos

Post by onReload »

Wow, I've seen that glitch, but I can't believe they allowed that in a match...pretty awesome though, and I hope the Jotaro player was okay with being knifed and taunted afterward. If it were done to me, I'd probably be laughing too hard to care.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

He shoulda've Roudororreruda'd him instead.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

BBCS 360 08/01/10 - OmniSScythe (JN) Vs xSoSickNASHFANx (LT) (720p)
2:25

Also since Jojo's was posted, I'm prolly relinking this, but idc
Shadow Dio vs Young Joseph
Worth watching the whole thing but the highlight is at 0:50
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maybe this isn't the right place, but I have almost no gameplay on YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xzJ2hZQRXM

I shat bricks the entire 2nd and 3rd round.
Xenozip. wrote:Shadow Dio vs Young Joseph
Worth watching the whole thing but the highlight is at 0:50
I guess you can't crouch the laser on wake-up?

onReload

Post by onReload »

I think you go to neutral when you wake up, so if the beam is out, you get hit. Not sure how strict the timing is on the attacker's part, but the beam does stay active for a little while.

My favorite unblockable setup in that game is the one with Hol Horse where you knock them down, then do his unblockable guided bullet super (f,d,f+pp) and they can't do a thing about it upon wakeup. You can also fire off multiple bullets in a row this way, depending on how many bars you've got.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Yeah, you can't crouch it if it's meaty like that. And the round-the-world crossbow is the only legit way to combo into the low crackers, which is the only legit setup for meaty beam, afaik. I mean you might be able to do something with a whiffed cracker volley, but I don't remember ever seeing a setup like that.

Unblockables are pretty common, Vanilla Ice even uses one for his BnB, but I just thought that setup was amusing. Plus the whole match was cool.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Would you kindly tell me about this Vanilla Ice unblockable? Other than Joseph (Well, and Petshop, but meh...), he's my favourite character.

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

His 214X (qcb+attack "Cream") moves are overheads and he recovers before they hit, so he can create unblockables by landing 2A or 662A while the 214A connects (simultaneous high/low, like Hol Horse's glass+2A). And then you can link off of that.

So the actual BnB that I'm referring to is (214A 2A) 662A 2A 6C 214A 662A S s.6A etc. Though yeah that does also give him an infinite using [2A 6C 214A 662A]xN and you can start it from the unblockable.

The execution isn't easy though and it doesn't really work in blockstrings because of pushblocking that you can just mash to get him off of you, so you see most people going for the unblockable as a meaty and then just doing 2A 6B into tandem. But since double tandem combos are softbanned the ideal ender off a tandem is either setting up another unblockable or going for that BnB into crazykicks super ("where's the love" super).

Characters like Devo and Hol Horse revolve around unblockables, which is sort of what makes fighting active stand users a pain, since you can't knock them down when their stand is on.
Last edited by Xenozip. on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Xenozip. wrote:His 214X (qcb+attack "Cream") moves are overheads and he recovers before they hit, so he can create unblockables by landing 2A or 662A while the 214A connects (simultaneous high/low, like Hol Horse's glass+2A). And then you can link off of that.

So the actual BnB that I'm referring to is (214A 2A) 662A 2A 6C 214A 662A S s.6A etc. Though yeah that does also give him an infinite using [2A 6C 214A 662A]xN and you can start it from the unblockable.

The execution isn't easy though and it doesn't really work in blockstrings because of pushblocking that you can just mash to get him off of you, so you see most people going for the unblockable as a meaty and then just doing 2A 6B into tandem. But since double tandem combos are softbanned the ideal ender off a tandem is either setting up another unblockable or going for that BnB into crazykicks super ("where's the love" super).
Cool, I'll try it out next time I play. I suck at the game though, So I won't get my hopes up :P

Neophos

Post by Neophos »

It's been a while since I played it, but can't you reversal dodge (the invincible move you do with all three buttons)?
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Vanila Ice is one of my main characters in Jojo's, and a cool and easy method to avoid the hard execution of the Forward+CxxCream (it doesnt combo most of the times) is to use Negative Edge in the command, that helped me a lot to perform it more consistently in Matches, it is a little bit tricky at the beggining to get used to it but definitly works for me.
Sorry for my bad english.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
onReload

Post by onReload »

Neophos wrote:It's been a while since I played it, but can't you reversal dodge (the invincible move you do with all three buttons)?
You'd have to anticipate it, and you're throw-prone during the dodge...and you can't always use it :| I've heard it's rare to see the dodge in JJBA matches, outside of certain setups. There's such a huge window for getting thrown, too, I posted it elsewhere but one story I have is that I was playing online and pushblocked this Dio player, and he was still able to throw from far away...when he did the throw, the timestop effect it has (where the screen goes monochrome b&w and Dio laughs) showed the pushblock graphic on my character.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Neophos wrote:It's been a while since I played it, but can't you reversal dodge (the invincible move you do with all three buttons)?
There are no reversals in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Actual meaty attacks can only be blocked. Meaty unblockables are unavoidable unless your crouch hitbox goes under the attack (devo/iggy).

You could technically block the Cream setup it if you get lucky and time the high/low/high blocks perfectly, but that's beyond normal human execution.

But yeah, as stated, even if it's not meaty and you roll then you'll just get thrown and he can do the setup again off the throw.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Got this PM on SRK a couple days ago:
notdijon wrote:Have you seen this before?

Watch what happens at around 0:49 in this video. It appears Sakura does Cr.HK and it trades with Blanka's electricity. The trade dizzies Blanka, but sends Sak flying to full screen. He can't reach Blanka in time to combo, and does J.HK (which Blanka blocks), and then Cr.MK (which hits), and the game says 2 hit combo. Did I miss something here? I've never seen or heard about a glitch like this before, and I thought if anyone knew what was up, then you probably would.
It's pretty funny. I vaguely remember seeing a combo counter glitch like that happening in CvS2 (maybe?), but this kind of thing is hard to reproduce. Anyway just posting it here in case someone might be interested in exploring it.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

bah, I was under the illusion that the combo counter was perfect ;_;

onReload

Post by onReload »

That is really weird. Mayyyybe that the meaty j.HK kept blanka in blockstun tightly between undizzying and getting hit, allowing the dizzying low HK and low MK to count as one combo? Pretty damn weird. Is Sakura flying so far back ordinary?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, it looks like Blanka is blocking on the very first frame following dizzy animation, since that whole recovery animation is considered part of dizzy in SF4. So maybe he bypasses a neutral frame and confuses the game. Freezing the combo counter during dizzy has to be a hacked-together gimmick anyway, so it's not surprising when there's a way to circumvent it. When was that feature introduced? Alpha 3?
error1

Post by error1 »

that is strange. Dhalsim could keep someone in blockstun a long time with his ultra, if he had a way to dizzy them. Or what about rose's U2. You could activate as they get up, keep them in block stun for 10 seconds or however long it lasts and then finish your combo
desk

Post by desk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTBtsOFc2As#t=0m58sec

EDIT: as long as the block stun doesn't actually end, the combo remains intact. The only way to increase the counter though, is to disrupt a high or low block with another hit. Meaning, the block stun can't 'naturally' end. A chip kill or low/overhead attack (depending on the gaurd) will work though. It's actually happened to me so much 'in match' I assumed everyone knew about it, lol.

EDIIT: Oh yeah, random info but block damage scales along with regular scaling when you catch someone post stun like that.
Last edited by desk on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
error1

Post by error1 »

it's pretty easy to reproduce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKM5fL4XDkg
I didn't notice it in desks video before
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wow, i hella don't remember noticing that either. Haha desk is wearing a yjdk shirt right now.
onReload

Post by onReload »

...surprised I guessed correctly. Just in awful terms
Maj

Post by Maj »

desk wrote:EDIIT: Oh yeah, random info but block damage scales along with regular scaling when you catch someone post stun like that.
Now that's fucking bizarre. I knew that block damage scales with lifebar reduction, but i never thought i'd hear about it being tied to the combo counter.
Dark_Chaotix

Re: Random Obscure Findings

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM50TP5n_qY

at 4min30. Thought someone here might make some good use to his setup?? Then again, it prob nothing
Raine

Post by Raine »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38wW3eFEr_E

I thought this was pretty funny. Check ~ 0:32. "matte ball-saaaaan!!!"
Maj

Post by Maj »

What the hell happened here? Air Focus?
error1

Post by error1 »

you can cancel the landing animation with a focus attack, the first frame of some characters landing animation looks airborne but really isn't. This has been known for at least a year
Maj

Post by Maj »

Blanka vs Blanka and Honda vs Honda are probably two of the dumbest matchups in Street Fighter, and this video somehow has both of them.

a-cho 2on2 ST 2010.11.14

O.Honda's jab Headbutt interrupts N.Honda's super. Looks dope.