KOF XII CMV by Combonauts and Dark Chaotix

video previews, releases, and feedback
krusan

KOF XII CMV by Combonauts and Dark Chaotix

Post by krusan »

Hi everyone.
There´s a new KOF XII CMV done by Combonauts in collaboration with Dark Chaotix: "While waiting for KOF XIII" is the title and it contains only non-critical counter combos.
You can download it here:
http://www.filefront.com/16872087/KOF%2 ... combos.AVI
Low quality ( 61 megas)
http://www.filefront.com/16878367/KOF%2 ... s%20MQ.AVI
High quality (191 megas)
Or streaming here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkC6gMpt9mE&hd=1

Thanx everyone for your time. Hope you like it.
CPS2

Re: KOF XII CMV by Combonauts and Dark Chaotix

Post by CPS2 »

I'm slowly downloading on my capped internet. Just checking, is there another CMV on the way soon from DC for this game or is this the only one?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Man, these are really really cool. Some of these combos are almost as long as CCs. How come nobody made a video like this before? I love that one Andy combo where he whiffs an upkick cancel. Everything in the second half of the video was awesome, especially that one Leona combo at 4:32. I was a little surprised with some of the characters that ended up having the best non-CC combos, particularly Ryo and Benimaru.

And you guys made that Ash combo at 1:52 look ridiculously awesome with the editing filters. Speaking of which, the editing was great overall. The only issue i had was a couple of the cuts were too sudden, which was confusing at 2:13 for example, when a Kyo combo cuts into another Kyo combo with the same exact characters and costume colors. It was kinda disorienting, but yeah, minor complaint.

A lot of these combos are starting off with counterhit, right? That's why they spin into the Focus Attack?
krusan

Post by krusan »

Hi, and thanx for commenting.
Yes, that "spining" animation is caused by a counter hit. Indeed almost all combos start with a counter hit.
Focus attack? Yes, I never thought about it, but holding the CD attack works somehow like a focus attack!!!
Raine

Post by Raine »

Really nice vid guys, edition and combos!
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

CPS2 wrote:I'm slowly downloading on my capped internet. Just checking, is there another CMV on the way soon from DC for this game or is this the only one?
This was a side project i helped with and collab in. My vid is still on the way.
Maj wrote:How come nobody made a video like this before?
This has been done before, just not indepth or as good quality. I was happy to be apart of this project.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Maj wrote:
And you guys made that Ash combo at 1:52 look ridiculously awesome with the editing filters. Speaking of which, the editing was great overall. The only issue i had was a couple of the cuts were too sudden, which was confusing at 2:13 for example, when a Kyo combo cuts into another Kyo combo with the same exact characters and costume colors. It was kinda disorienting, but yeah, minor complaint.
Well, I agree, maybe some cuts are confusing... I wanted to use that 12twelve song, because they are my friends, and I love this type of music. But when Krusan said to me " well, finally we have around 45 combos... And would be nice to include all" My edit work became a little "nightmare", hehehehe... So the cuts are near the combo limit.

The Kyo one was a mistake, in the Sony Vegas project the cut was alright, but when finally I rendered all... :roll:
Raine

Post by Raine »

Mm the song was a good choice.